Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DePlorable65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2021, 07:05 PM
    Base board heat
    I have electric base board heat all the rooms all have their own thermostat it's a 220 heating element that involves a transformer that brings the power down to normal line power for the t-stat.My problem is some rooms have one heater some w/ two some are partly inop need some help if at all possible
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2021, 07:06 AM
    What kind of help do you need? If you want to troubleshoot this problem what knowledge and tools do you have to work on electrical wiring? If there is a transformer, then you must have low voltage t'stat that controls a relay that switches one or more heat units. the problem can be one of many reasons, bad stat, open or shorted LV wiring, bad transformer, bad relay coil or contacts. Without the proper knowledge, tools, and test instruments, this job is for a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water base board heat [ 0 Answers ]

My circulator started leaking whin I fired up my heat for the first time this year. I replaced the water circulator refilled the system to 20 lbs the result, half of my baseboards do not heat. All are on the second floor. It is a one zone system. Only 960 sq ft. I have three return lines for...

Base board heat repair [ 1 Answers ]

My system is gas. They needed to do this when they installed the new unit but they failed to cut the main and reroute the water in a way to create a continuous flow. Instead they just added two lines from the main creating a dead end. HEATER ...

Base board heat repair [ 1 Answers ]

No heat going to base board lines [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I recently extended a room into my garage I added 10 ft. of base board and now when I turn on my boiler neither the upstairs or downstairs lines get hot, I tried letting the boiler run with the drain valves above the 2 circulators open to let air out and nothing comes out...

Sizing of base board heat? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to put Electric Baseboard heat in a basement, it is approx. 25'w x 30'l. I am looking to put in 3 to 4 six-foot units that are 240v, 1500w & 6.3A. Will this be enough, or too much? What is the calculation for btu's to sq feet? The unit, which I selected, is 5100btu's ea. Is there a way...

View more questions Search