Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 21, 2021, 12:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Is Pelosi going to file charges of impeachment against Biden since this riot occurred on his very first day in office? I have a funny feeling that this is the first of many to come. No doubt the liberal dem mayor of Portland will come forward with his usual vigorous response to the property damage.

At least things are back to normal with left wing, dem-leaning groups doing the rioting.

"Portland rioters damage ICE building; police declare 'unlawful assembly'"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anti-bide...ortland-police

Err no, but why I hear you say.
    The answer is right at the lead.
    a demonstration against Biden and law enforcement
    Were as storming the Capitol was urged on by Mr T, quite a difference.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 12:59 AM
    Were as storming the Capitol was urged on by Mr T, quite a difference.
    You should become a fiction writer. You're very good at it, and especially when you can turn "peaceful and patriotic" into "urged on by Mr. T." Very impressive imagination!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2021, 05:03 AM
    10 months of violence ;arson ,vandalism ,assault of Federal buildings and on Federal personnel in Portland was called 'mostly peaceful' . Why should yesterday change anything ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 08:47 AM
    One day won't change years of pent up frustrations. Especially among the fringers...from both sides.

Protests are the American way, violence should not be tolerated.

Comparing the Portland stuff to the capital stuff is fringer propaganda. LOONY!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 11:03 AM
    You should become a fiction writer. You're very good at it, and especially when you can turn "peaceful and patriotic" into "urged on by Mr. T." Very impressive imagination!
    [Trump] called them to the rally. He told them that the future of our country was at stake, that the election had been stolen from him and that weakness could not be an answer. "Peaceful and patriotic" were tossed in at the end of his yelling when few were still listening.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 11:28 AM
    I think that most of the dufus supporters were peaceful, but like the left the right wing has it's own fringers with bad intentions that makes the whole crowd look bad.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 11:39 AM
    [Trump] called them to the rally. He told them that the future of our country was at stake, that the election had been stolen from him and that weakness could not be an answer. "Peaceful and patriotic" were tossed in at the end of his yelling when few were still listening.
    And then he said, "Now go out there and invade the Capitol Building!!". Uhm...no, he didn't say that. I abhor what a small portion of the crowd did, and those should absolutely be arrested and charged. You know, kind of like what was NOT done to BLM protestors. But I understand their anger, and I think it has at some basis in fact. It is not going to go away.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 11:49 AM
    And then he said, "Now go out there and invade the Capitol Building!!". Uhm...no, he didn't say that. I abhor what a small portion of the crowd did, and those should absolutely be arrested and charged. You know, kind of like what was NOT done to BLM protestors. But I understand their anger, and I think it has at some basis in fact. It is not going to go away.
    ***No doubt the president's supporters will cite the "peacefully" part in his defense. But after two months of bizarre conspiracy theories, constant presidential complaints about a stolen election, declarations that conceding Biden's victory is not an option, and repeated warnings that the fate of the nation hangs in the balance, that is more weight than a single adverb can bear.***
    https://reason.com/2021/01/06/here-i...d-the-capitol/
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 11:51 AM
    declarations that conceding Biden's victory is not an option,
    He followed the advice given by HC to Biden months ago.

I think your attempt to suggest that Trump intended to incite insurrection, if that is what you are suggesting, is simply absurd.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 12:03 PM
    I think your attempt to suggest that Trump intended to incite insurrection, if that is what you are suggesting, is simply absurd.
    Um, it certainly doesn't take much to get people riled up and thus incite insurrection. Be a playground monitor someday or a kindergarten teacher. Easy to whip up unsophisticated minds.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 12:13 PM
    Um, it certainly doesn't take much to get people riled up and thus incite insurrection. Be a playground monitor someday or a kindergarten teacher. Easy to whip up unsophisticated minds.
    You forget that I have vastly more experience with elem. kids than you do. As to the rest, if you want to impeach Trump for getting, "people riled up", then go for it. That is not encouraging insurrection. But you'll also have to impeach Maxine Waters, Bernie Sanders, Nancy Pelosi, and a host of other dems.

Deal?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 01:24 PM
    You forget that I have vastly more experience with elem. kids than you do.
    Thus, you know I am correct!
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 02:25 PM
    News flash. The people who stormed the Capitol were not elem. kids.

I guess you declined the deal.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 02:39 PM
    News flash. The people who stormed the Capitol were not elem. kids.

I guess you declined the deal.
    As I said (more reading comprehension problems?), "it certainly doesn't take much to get people riled up and thus incite insurrection." And then I compared it to riling up kids on a playground or to stirring up kindergarteners.

In fact, since the people who stormed the Capitol were NOT elem. kids (and not even kindergarteners, though they acted like kindergarteners who desperately needed a time-out), those people were adults and shudda knowed better.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 21, 2021, 03:02 PM
    jlisenbe, remember what I said earlier about incendiary rhetoric, that includes twisting things and arguing the toss.
    We all like a good discussion, but this has dropped to playground level.
    Really not acceptable.
    Black isn't white and what's done is done.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 03:58 PM
    In fact, since the people who stormed the Capitol were NOT elem. kids (and not even kindergarteners, though they acted like kindergarteners who desperately needed a time-out), those people were adults and shudda knowed better.
    I think everyone here agrees that what was done was terrible. The problem is when liberal dems suggest Trump was inciting insurrection. It's just an absurd suggestion that is completely untrue. And if you had made similar remarks about the BLM protestors, your statement would be much more acceptable and meaningful.

CBen, if you want to refer to something specific, then feel free to. I don't know how to respond to something like, "...that includes twisting things and arguing the toss."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 04:14 PM
    The problem is when liberal dems suggest Trump was inciting insurrection. It's just an absurd suggestion that is completely untrue.
    It's on many videos.
    And if you had made similar remarks about the BLM protestors, your statement would be much more acceptable and meaningful.
    I had stated at that time that the troublemakers were opportunists who wanted to smash and grab plus insurrectionists who were now grownups and were there only to show off their "power" and yelling ability. (Mommie had shushed them when they were still living at home and even made them sit on the naughty chair.) The REAL BLM protesters behaved themselves and did their lawful protesting.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 04:18 PM
    The REAL BLM protesters behaved themselves and did their lawful protesting.
    How do you know that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2021, 04:33 PM
    How do you know that?
    I watched on tv the live action. I later watched videos. I saw who was legally protesting with signs and chants. I saw others (heads/upper bodies covered with hoodies, faces covered, carrying clubs, guns, knives) who had no interest in protesting but went about hither and yon -- smashing, grabbing, looting, setting fires, pushing and shoving protesters.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2021, 04:57 PM
    So in other words, you really don't know. You just think that is true. I could say that I think the Capitol protestors are not your usual Trump supporters because I watched on tv the live action. I later watched videos. I saw who was legally protesting with signs and chants. I saw others (heads/upper bodies covered with masks, faces covered, carrying clubs, guns, knives) who had no interest in protesting but went about hither and yon -- smashing, grabbing, looting, setting fires, pushing and shoving protesters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Impeachment [ 174 Answers ]

As Trump continues to dismantle NATO which is critical to the peace of the world and has been for 70 years, and as Trump continues to cater to the Putin enemy who is determined to bring down the United States and its allies, it is time to talk seriously about impeachment. No longer should decent...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search