Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 9, 2021, 01:07 PM
    Synnen
    For those unaware, our friend Synnen has been battling cancer these past few years. Her husband just recently posted that she has been in the hospital over the holidays and was released home on hospice. She has been given only a few short days.

While death is brutal for the families, this will be especially hard as she will be leaving her husband as the sole provider for her 6 year old daughter and 9 year old son who has been diagnosed ASD. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

Finally, thank you Alty for updating us on the situation.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2021, 01:25 PM
    Thank you for posting this, J_9. You and Alty and Synnen were some of the first AMHD members I met. Synnen and her family will be in my prayers.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 13, 2021, 08:14 PM
    I haven't been on AMHD in so long, I don't know if I even remember how to post. Just an update to J9's announcement. Synnen passed away this morning. She leaves behind her husband and two kids (4 year old daughter, and 9 year old son).
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2021, 08:56 PM
    My heart is broken. I remember her asking me about my swallowing problems, but I wasn’t prepared for the diagnosis she was given. I was so hopeful hers was as simple as mine. I was gutted when she told me what was found. I couldn’t believe it. I just knew they were wrong. She was by my side, figuratively, when my father passed in 2007. That’s when the whole Juke Box Hero joke started. I will never again hear that song the same way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2021, 09:03 AM
    RIP Synnen. You were truly one of the people that made the Good Old Days of this site GOOD!

Condolences to family and friends. You will be missed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Synnen adoption [ 1 Answers ]

My question is... after a year of adoption advertising, putting it out in the universe that we were a family hoping to welcome a new family member, meeting a bunch of terrific people seeking answers I didn't always have, I was contacted by a person who said they were pregnant and looking into...

View more questions Search