Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2021, 02:46 PM
    Trump Calls For Insurrection
    After president-elect Biden called for Trump to be a leader and speak to his followers who took over the Capitol, the heart of American democracy, Trump further incited the mob by his lies of the "fraudulent" election, thereby continuing to encourage insurrection. His half-hearted mention of peace fell on deaf ears.

Barr had previously resigned after saying there was no fraud in the election. McConnell today said the election "wasn't even close". Other republicans are FINALLY coming to their senses and condemning Trump for the Capitol takeover.

As repeatedly posted here, Trump will only descend further into his madness. Two more weeks is far too dangerous for Trump to continue as president.

Now is the time to arrest Trump and charge him with sedition.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2021, 02:59 PM
    Trump told the rioters to go home and he is right, there were voting irregularities so he rightly feels the election was stolen. There is a depth of feeling that must be respected, but it is now down to Pence
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2021, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    he is right, there were voting irregularities so he rightly feels the election was stolen.
    Are you serious?

SIXTY(!) judges threw his fraudulent election lawsuits out of court. Several state legislatures rebuked Trump. TWICE(!) the Supreme Cort denied his case. His major sycophants are claiming there was NO FRAUD. Only QANON and his insane legal team and his family still support his claim.

What are you smoking, paraclete?
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2021, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Are you serious?

SIXTY(!) judges threw his fraudulent election lawsuits out of court. Several state legislatures rebuked Trump. TWICE(!) the Supreme Cort denied his case. His major sycophants are claiming there was NO FRAUD. Only QANON and his insane legal team and his family still support his claim.

What are you smoking, paraclete?
    Gave up smoking many years ago, no, it is you who are smoking dope if you believe there were no irregularities, hundreds of thousands of mail votes with not one vote for Trump? truck loads of votes brought into counting centres without scrutiny after hours, voting machines with built in errors. Votes signed by machine. The system is flawed because it is in the hands of local officials.. Don't drink the demonrats koolaid
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2021, 06:41 PM
    Gave up smoking many years ago, no, it is you who are smoking dope if you believe there were no irregularities, hundreds of thousands of mail votes with not one vote for Trump? truck loads of votes brought into counting centres without scrutiny after hours, voting machines with built in errors. Votes signed by machine. The system is flawed because it is in the hands of local officials.. Don't drink the demonrats koolaid
    Good Grief!!!

Every single one of your ridiculous points has been debunked by REPUBLICAN officials. I had no idea you were a conspiracy buff.

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly dopey people can be who otherwise exhibit at least a semblance of normalcy. The Trump years have plainly shown how wide the spectrum is of humanity - from ill-informed and low intelligence to those far ahead on the evolutionary scale. Terrible to say, but unfortunately true.

There is a serious case to be made for not voting by the half that normally skips voting since these groups are attracted to demagoguery, the very thing the Electoral College was designed to prevent. Somewhere along the line the EC went very wrong by putting demagogue Trump in office.

Trump's followers wouldn't know an important issue from a kangaroo so they emerge when a perceived strong-man autocrat appears on the scene. They are an unthinking mob as they demonstrated so clearly today in the nation's Capitol. All they need to be part of the herd are slogans - the simpler the better so they can avoid thinking, a rare quality for this crowd.

One of the missions of society should be to educate those who wish to be educated and become part of the mainstream. The remaining 30-35% can be left to their guns and religion.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2021, 07:24 PM
    leave the kangaroos out of it, they are a noble animal not to be associated with the nonsense that goes on over there. The sort of electoral rorting which goes on over there would be unthinkable here. Yes a few have made a spectacle of themselves and brought your nation into disrepute but your nation has a long history of rebellion so it can be expected
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2021, 04:25 PM
    Trump told the rioters to go home and he is right, there were voting irregularities so he rightly feels the election was stolen. There is a depth of feeling that must be respected, but it is now down to Pence
    There were none and the dufus knew looneys would listen and believe his claims regardless of the facts. Got to watch those deluded true believers.

What's in your Kool Aid? Or you have a convincing impersonation of a zip darn loon as I've ever seen.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2021, 05:11 PM
    No, I just don't agree with victory with any tactics, Tal, the end never justifies the means
    Expert

Jan 7, 2021, 05:24 PM
    Not one state county or city in America reported irregularities, let alone illegality, so what the heck are you talking about?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2021, 07:04 PM
    Lots of news over here, I expect it has been hidden from you by the liberal press
    Expert

Jan 7, 2021, 07:25 PM
    Or you just read the fake looney Aussie news. Love to see your news sources.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2021, 08:54 PM
    our news sources are the same as yours, it is just what yours choose to print
    Expert

Jan 8, 2021, 07:29 AM
    It's more like what people choose to read and believe just as in your country.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2021, 09:43 AM
    The MSM shows VIDEOS of what Republican officials (governors, legislators, secretaries of state, Cabinet members, former cabinet members and White House advisors and staff) have said about Trump's false claims re the election. Read again - REPUBLICANS. ON VIDEO.

To believe otherwise is to be a mindless supporter of the morons who stormed the Capitol resulting in 5 deaths.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2021, 03:19 PM
    where there is smoke there is fire, if everything is as seamless as you are led to believe there would be no smoke or perhaps someone has been blowing smoke......................
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2021, 04:46 PM
    If this is a reply to me, I have no idea what it means. Do you?
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2021, 05:06 PM
    you want me to be explicit athos, there is much bias in the media, your media is biased and prints stories that favour a particular point of view, so also do ours, so we gain a different perspective. I suspect your media is more "liberal" than ours. We have had four years of the media howling for Trump's blood because he defeated their darling. Now they are still howling for his blood, nothing short of a witch burning will do, much smoke.

By the way I live in a nation led by a conservative government, we don't have the deep seated divisions you do because at the end of the day not everything is about politics, some of it is about reason
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2021, 05:54 PM
    you want me to be explicit athos
    Yes, thank you.

, there is much bias in the media, your media is biased and prints stories that favour a particular point of view, so also do ours, so we gain a different perspective. I suspect your media is more "liberal" than ours.
    I don't know about your media, but ours is both right-wing and left. Conservative, a noble idea, has been taken over by a fringe element. The Conservatives are still out there but the fringe appeals to the mob and tends to silence rational conservatism.

The liberal left has become mainstream because there is so much untruth out there promoted by the crazies on the right. QANON is the latest, a truly bizarre movement that even has a newly-elected proponent entering Congress. Their platform includes Democrats being cannibalistic pedophiles eating children and having Trump as their saviour. Millions believe that nonsense. Do you think that being against that is a media BIAS? Need I say anything about the Trump crowd being urged by Trump to storm the heart of the American government? They trashed the historic building, terrified the legislators, and managed to cause 5 people to lose their lives. Do you think that's normal? Or criticizing the behavior BIASED?

As an Independent, and a former center-rightist who once leaned to the Republican right, I have done a 180 over the last 20 years as I saw the Rep Party being hijacked first by Newt Gingrich and now to Donald Trump - truly a madman. Today, the top military general has agreed to be on the alert that Trump doesn't start to launch nuclear missiles on a whim. That's how far he has gone. His party has become his cult.

Watching both left and right media, the left has become the mainstream simply because it's very easy to report the bizarre actions of Trump and his people in a world of immediate and accurate technology such as social media and 24-hour Cable-TV News. Watching the right-leaning media, it is easy for anyone to see how inaccurate their reporting is and how slanted. All that is necessary is to watch it. The "journalists" there have no shame in reporting the strangest of ideas that have no basis in truth.

We have had four years of the media howling for Trump's blood because he defeated their darling. Now they are still howling for his blood, nothing short of a witch burning will do, much smoke.
    I assume you're referring to Australian media. Interesting that you use a Trump metaphor - witch-burning.

By the way I live in a nation led by a conservative government, we don't have the deep seated divisions you do because at the end of the day not everything is about politics, some of it is about reason
    We used to live in a nation essentially conservative with strong liberal ideas. The push and pull of both ideologies made for good government here. Never perfect, but improving.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2021, 05:14 AM
    Just for the record I consider your politics extreme and that goes for both "parties". Australian media gets around to mentioning Trump on a slow news day unless he does something extreme. The media I was referring to was yours. For many months now our media has been obsessed with the gift of covid 19 and every politician jostling for time to appear on camera so your politics is a distraction. I think the recent outcome is sad
    Expert

Jan 9, 2021, 08:07 AM
    Australia's conservatism is much more liberal than American conservatives but center right is as good a description as any, but no doubt the fringe population both left and right is much larger, more vocal, and way more active. Not even fair to compare the two countries really since they are both unique as to size and population, politics and capacity.

The numbers just don't match, with all due respect and deference to national pride. Yeah Jan. 6th was a sad day all around for the US on so many levels. A wake up call though for sure. Never say what can't happen because it can. How it's dealt with is what will define us though and perp walking the dufus is a great start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Calls for Insurrection [ 58 Answers ]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV1SKI3XkAE5GFy?format=jpg&name=small Republicans will turn a blind eye. But history books will say: In April of 2020, when the pandemic had already claimed 35,000 lives, the President of the United States incited people to storm their statehouses with AR-15s and...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Philippine Insurrection [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if any one has come across a good site to do reseach on this war? I have found this war to be hard to research. Thanks. :o

View more questions Search