Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    satori00 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2021, 01:36 PM
    Why do I recently stutter a lot in speech and have a serious problem concentrating?
    I'm a 24 years old female, I recently noticed that I struggle a lot whenever I have a conversation with my friends where I keep stuttering and jam words together and the concentration issue got even serious, I can't concentrate anymore in classes, I also tend to forget lately a lot of common things like my friends names or some actions I did in the morning or even some ideas while speaking.

Can this be a psychological problem or physical one? How can I get back to normal without taking any meds.

Fyi I didn't have any accident or trauma before, and I don't have anything worrying me more than this issue, I was healthy and could speak in a flowing way with no problem, but in july, 2018 after overworking for my final exams I got really sick (throwing up + first time having anxiety) so after that I did a blood work twice that showed abnormal results (high t4 [29] and normal tsh [1.42]), I repeated the same test 4 months ago in another laboratory and the results came normal and the doctor said that it could've been a mistake.

Could this be related to my condition?

Plz help this is starting to destroy my social life T_T
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2021, 10:42 AM
    I'm surprised your doctor didn't recommend a therapist to diagnose this possible anxiety/emotional issue or at the least a speech therapist, or both. Are you done with school and the stresses it brings?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 6, 2021, 08:29 PM
    If you are in school, hopefully you have counselors, or therapists to help you. I’m not a speech therapist, but as a teacher, I have stutterers in class every few years. Speech therapists provide breathing exercises, and other ways to help with stuttering. I’ve seen great success over the years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having trouble concentrating? [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing hw yesturday and the hw had to do with math. The math was simple all I had to do was find an estimation of a problem. But for some reason I could not concentrate or something. I looked at the problem for a long time but then I started to get sleepy and I wanted to know is this normal?...

Speech problem in children [ 5 Answers ]

My 2 year old little girl is having a hard time in talking. She understands what I'm saying but she is having a hard time with her speech. This is really worrying me, cause she has a 5 year old cousin that she loves to play with, and he does have a speech problem, and kids pick on him in school...

Not concentrating on studies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 16yr old boy.I m good in studies.everyone says that my mind is sharp and I also know that but when I sit to study I can't concentrate.is this happens due to girlfriend or friend or something else.please help me out from it.

Difficulty in concentrating [ 3 Answers ]

I think I have social anxiety. At home, I would be myself. Outside, especially school, I'm always anxious. I always have this shortness of breath feeling, like, even though h'm breathing, I'm not getting enough air. I find my chest very tense and my head always feel out of order. I'm always...

View more questions Search