Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hpoole0527 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2021, 07:01 PM
    Wrongful death with order for restitution from 1993
    I need help finding out who i contact or how to find out information on a case from 1993 when my mother was killed in a car accident with a drunk driver. I was told he was arrested and then charged to pay restitution to my sister, brother, and myself to be paid out when we turn 21, but I do not know much. I have my information, my mothers information, and the name of the man who was charged. I do not know much else. I was 11 months old at the time of her death. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

She died May 2nd i believe of 1993, Kimberly claire orlando poole, the driver was Daniel Allen.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2021, 07:08 PM
    Have you checked county records?

Jan 4, 2021, 04:13 PM
    No i have not, i do not know exactly where it happened. I can find the obituary for my mother. I live in Southern California so i do not know how to access the correct information.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2021, 04:42 PM
    I found her obituary online. She died in a Salt Lake City hospital. I'd start there (SLCity) and call city or county (Salt Lake County) offices.

Do you have a lawyer? He may be able to give you some guidance.

Jan 4, 2021, 04:48 PM
    I do not have a lawyer, i dont know how to get one in the right area for this. I will look into the information and see about calling the county, thank you
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2021, 04:54 PM
    Please post here to let us/me know if you found out anything. I'll help you dig further, if necessary.

The Salt Lake County Sheriff's office, perhaps?

Or, Salt Lake City Police Department
    475 S 300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
    (801) 799-3000
    Open 24 hours

Jan 4, 2021, 05:38 PM
    I got in touch with records for the city police, I was able to find the date of birth for Daniel Allen, which helped them find the case but they told me it is county case so they can not tell me anything more then that. I will be trying to get in touch with the county next.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2021, 05:39 PM
    Good sleuthing! Keep me informed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a wrongful death suit? [ 7 Answers ]

In May of 2009 my husband passed away from a heroin overdose. A few years before this (I believe it was 2005 but not certain) he was injured while working for Norfolk Southern Railroad, sustaining a broken shoulder and several broken ribs, he sued the railroad and it was settled out of court. The...

How can I get custody of my son after a wrongful order has been set? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 yr old son, We lived in Illinois, my father passed away in nov of 07, and I went to Alabama to see my grandfather, I left my son with his father in Illinois while I went. When I returned the father had started a petition against me saying I hadn't had anything to do with my son since he...

Illegal wrongful death judgement [ 4 Answers ]

In clackamas county, OR. A limited judgement for apportionment for a wrongful death order was issued four month's prior to any kind of trial or hearing and restitution wasn't ordered until four months after a criminal trial and a civil trial never happened. Does this not violate a persons right...

PEI Statute of Limitation (Wrongful Death)? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the Statute of Limitations is in Prince Edward Island for wrongful death. It involves an 18-year-old who committed suicide in his room at a hospital while under psychiatric care and in its custody?

Wrongful death [ 3 Answers ]

I live in canada and my mother was involved in fatal car crash 20 years ago. . she was a passenger in car which left highway and landed in water bother died, we had option to sue but did not. . we were very young and did not know exactly what it meant and were under stress and extreme grief.can...

View more questions Search