Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike_W64 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2021, 06:17 PM
    Car wont start ??
    I have a 1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme that won't start how can I rule out the timing chain, car turns over well dose not fire at all??
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 22, 2021, 06:13 PM
    You may be able to inspect by removing the oil filler cap while cranking and watch for rocker arm movement. Otherwise, a compression test should be revealing.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2021, 07:39 PM
    It could be something as simple as replacing the ignition control module.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2021, 01:35 PM
    You could always remove the front valve cover and observe if the valves are moving. Also remove one plug and feel for TDC and test valve lash #1 cyl. for slipped timing chain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 civic wont start [ 2 Answers ]

I have spark and fuel but wont fire any suggestions?

Toro 22'' Recycler lawn mower (wont start) [ 0 Answers ]

I used my lawn mower yesterday, I shut it off to empty the bag when I went to start it up , I got nothing. I check the oil, gas air filter. The spark plug is good from last year. Any suggestions... Maybe a fuse?? I don't smell gas so its not flooded.

Honda Accord 98 wont't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Honda Accord 98 . I tried to start the car and it would not start ,the radio works but the door would not open with the hand held opener . I opened the door manually and tried to start the car .I heard click noises and all the lights would come on and then die out .The blinkers don't work...

1990 Toyota Camry (wont start) [ 1 Answers ]

My 1990 Camery won't start! Ive had the battery checked and just put in a new starter because it tested bad. When I turn the key all the lights come on on the dash. It's a 5 speed and runs great if I get a push and start it that way. I'm not sure how to check the ingnition, but was told that it...

1996 GMC PU w/V6 and manual trans (wont start) [ 2 Answers ]

Intermittant "won't start" problems. I have replaced the crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, fuel pump (twice), plugs and plug wires and fuel filter. There are no codes when I scan the computer and the truck runs fine when it does start. The truck has 179,000 miles on it and is in great...

View more questions Search