Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 03:53 AM
    Got a lot of mexico in that map seems like there is just as much green in this one

this one might be more in line with your thinking
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2021, 05:21 AM
    What do you think of this? It is a chart of arable land by country.

COUNTRY NAME HECTARES
    United States 152,262,500
    Australia 46,048,000

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tillab...16&FORM=CHROMN
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2021, 01:41 PM
    If it was up to me, we'd sell off most of it.
    Yep, you'd bulldoze the awesome formations in Bryce National Park and blow up the magnificent arches in Arches National Park, put in condos, then establish the Grand Canyon as the nation's landfill (like, what else is that deep hole good for???). Had Trump gotten a second term, I have no doubt he would have leaned toward doing exactly that. He had already made moves to build his wall through nature sanctuaries and national land.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 02:06 PM
    no way to make a comparison with size I didn't have any doubt you have more arible land in the US

you rank 2nd in the world for arible land and Australia sixth but many countries don't have more than 10% arible land so you are blessed with 16% put that together with water and it works for you until the weather turns against you
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 02:12 PM
    There is plenty of land the nation owns that is not national monuments travelled to for recreation. And most of those visits are to a hand full of parks . j is talking about the rest of the 28 % of the land mass of the United States owned by the Federal government . And as for those recreational sites ; I have been to a couple of them . They are NOT well managed . Perhaps contracting them out to private interests within guidelines would be the way to go .
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 02:14 PM
    as always the free market advocate Tom
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2021, 02:35 PM
    Yep, you'd bulldoze the awesome formations in Bryce National Park and blow up the magnificent arches in Arches National Park, put in condos, then establish the Grand Canyon as the nation's landfill (like, what else is that deep hole good for???). Had Trump gotten a second term, I have no doubt he would have leaned toward doing exactly that. He had already made moves to build his wall through nature sanctuaries and national land.
    Don't be a drama queen. No one is suggesting that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2021, 02:45 PM
    Don't be a drama queen. No one is suggesting that.
    The last thing we need in this country is more development!
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 03:07 PM
    where I am moving ;to South Carolina ,there is development everywhere you see. People can't buy new homes there fast enough . But that is not what j is talking about . Almost 85 % of the land in Nevada is owned by the Feds . That is ratable that the state and local authorities do not collect . Over 45 % of California is owned by the Feds . It is obscene ! We don't have that issue in NY . Less than 1% is owned by the Feds .
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 03:47 PM
    all that land locked up, shutting the developers and exploiters out, what a travesty
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 04:34 PM
    it is a travesty . All you need is guidelines as to what the land can be uses for . Private interests have to navigate zone requirments all the time . No one is advocating laisse faire so stop the strawman now .
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2021, 04:55 PM
    It is a travesty. National parks are reasonable. For most of the rest, it's hard to understand.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 05:21 PM
    across the board a trvesty . Example . I went to White Mountain forest . 6 million people visit annually . Facilities and rest rooms were barely maintained . Why ? Entrance and parking is free . This is prime recreation . I gladly pay $10 -$20 for parking and use of the park at private parks all over the east . No one would object to reasonable fees for use . Even camping is free . But the pigs leave their garbage behind .
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 05:34 PM
    yes there are pigs everywhere, maybe a good reason for keeping the land locked up
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2021, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But the pigs leave their garbage behind .
    Did you pick it up and help with the cleanup?
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2021, 06:55 PM
    Clete, thought you'd be glad to know that wifey and I watched an Aussie movie tonight titled "The Riddle of the Stinson". It was quite good. Had to admire the toughness of those Aussie bushmen.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2021, 08:00 PM
    Interesting, I've not heard of that one but if you like that sort of thing Sweet Country might be one to watch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there really global warming? [ 10 Answers ]

Or is it just a natural process of the earth to heal itself

I think I believe in global warming now [ 5 Answers ]

My backyard in NJ on October 15, 2009. Notice how the trees haven't finished changing yet?

Global warming [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, does anyone know a good website to find info on global warming that isn't man-made?? Thank you..

Global Warming? [ 2 Answers ]

Only in Arkansas... how this got past the editor, I can only venture to guess... 4519

Global warming [ 14 Answers ]

Why arnt we putting all of our power into this situation I mean countries are going to be under waterrr... and mostly in europe I am really worried and our tempratures are hanging in many parts of earth and we are having a lot of hurricanes and such... so we arnt we putting all our mind into this.....

View more questions Search