possible hostage situation in Los Angeles
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2020, 02:02 PM
    Die Hard?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2020, 02:43 PM
    yes wanted to see if anyone fell for fake news .
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2020, 02:22 PM
    well as it turns out , 6 Nashville police played the role of John McClane yesterday . Despite the risks to themselves ,they ran towards the danger . They woke up sleeping citizens and evacuated them moments before a bomb hidden in an RV detonated . 3 of the hero officers were rookies with less than two years on the job, and one suffered some temporary hearing loss from the blast..

They all deserve the praise they are getting today .
    Kudos to :
    Patrolwoman Brenna Hosey, a 4-year veteran;
    Patrolman James Luellen, a 3-year veteran;
    Patrolman Michael Sipos, a 16-month veteran;
    PatrolmanAmanda Topping, a 21-month veteran;
    Patrolman James Wells, also a 21-month veteran;
    Sergeant Timothy Miller, an 11-year veteran.

Nashville names hero cops who cleared area before bombing (nypost.com)

According to the Slimes
    Before dawn on Friday, Nashville police officers rushed to calls of gunfire on Second Avenue, a strip of honky tonks, restaurants and boot shops. Instead of gunfire, they found an R.V., blaring a strange and unsettling message: There was a bomb. It would detonate in 15 minutes.
    When the R.V. did explode, it sent plumes of smoke billowing above the city, blew out windows in shops and offices for several blocks, left three people hospitalized — and Nashville shaken.
    Nashville Explosion Appears Intentional, RV Played Warning Message of Bomb - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Police have already raided the home of a person of interest
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2020, 02:25 PM
    A protest against bad music?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2020, 08:07 PM
    Being reported the bomber was in the van when it blew up. That would be an elaborate suicide.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2020, 09:16 PM
    or just incompetence
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2020, 05:13 AM
    he was paranoid . issue 5G . he thought he was being spied on by who knows ? maybe the Chinese. and ATT was in cahoots . It was definitely a suicide . He broadcast gun shots which got the cops there . Then he broadcast the 60s song 'Down Town ' which is a song about loneliness . Then he broadcast by the minute when the bomb would detonate and that people near the van need evacuate immediately . Because the cops were warned they were able to go door to door to get people to leave . As far as we know ,no one was killed except the bomber .

The moron mayor was concerned about all the broken glass and the trees and water main breaks ; and seemed to dismiss the structural damages to historic buildings from the blast . He laughed about it .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hostage-taking movie [ 1 Answers ]

I chanced upon a movie on being shown on TV a few years ago. Due to circumstances at that time, I was able to see only a small portion of it (only one scene, about 5 to 10 minutes) near the beginning. In the scene, a group of people was being held hostage in an room or something. The people...

Films of the 90s hostage [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a movie in the 90s where 2 teenagers take a family hostage in there own house and torture the family.. what is the movie?

The Iran hostage crisis [ 6 Answers ]

Rarely have so many journalists, politicians and commentators so totally missed a headline. There are now five American hostages in Iran. Each case has been largely treated by itself, almost as if it were an oddity, something requiring a special explanation, instead of another piece in a luminously...

Being held hostage... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a credit card through a well known bank (almost 2 years) and recently when I tried to make my statement payment I logged in to find another credit card listed under my accounts and when I called to question it, they said it was from their takeover of another bank and it was from their files....

Emotional Hostage [ 6 Answers ]

I need some information on dealing with a person who is extremely compulsive and has extreme boundary issues. She is my younger sister. I took care of my mother at home for two years after she had a stroke. She passed away a couple of years ago, and at that time, I invited my younger sister to...

View more questions Search