Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 10:14 AM
    There ya go with your proof passages again, JL, those "gotcha" Bible verses. If we go with those, it sounds like only (maybe?) 829 people will end up in heaven, people who were able to cut the mustard according to the narrow qualifications you have squeezed out of the NT.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 11:23 AM
    Uhm...10 passages amounts to an avalanche of “proof passages” I would think. How many would you consider sufficient? As to your figure of 829, I have no idea of where that comes from. The glory is in the simplicity of the arrangement. “Behold I lay in Zion a choice stone...and he who believes in him will not be disappointed.”

And by the way, where is your accusation of meanness towards Athos for his ugly comments towards Tom? Why are you so selective in your disapproval? And why did you not correct Athos for his use of the ONE passage from Luke as a proof text??? Why the seeming prejudice? If you want to be taken seriously, then shouldn’t you be consistent?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you want to be taken seriously, then shouldn’t you be consistent?
    Athos and I are. You and Tom missed the boat.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 01:04 PM
    Athos and I are. You and Tom missed the boat.
    Thank you for taking absolutely nothing seriously. But I will agree with you on one point. You are Athos certainly are consistently opposed to the idea of exalting Christ as the source of salvation for man. If I was you, I would be worried about that.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2021, 03:54 PM
    You can tell when it is a slow news day when we start debating the good news of Jesus the one piece of news which is beyond debate
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 04:04 PM
    That's probably easier than defending the lying cheating incompetent dufus the American people just booted out of office.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 04:17 PM
    You are Athos certainly are consistently opposed to the idea of exalting Christ as the source of salvation for man. If I was you, I would be worried about that.
    No, you miss the bigger message of what Christ really means to all of mankind. How interesting that you limit His work as Savior!
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 04:41 PM
    No, you miss the bigger message of what Christ really means to all of mankind. How interesting that you limit His work as Savior!
    OK. What is that message that is "bigger" than Christ as Savior, an aspect you so steadfastly resist? Even beyond that, what does "Savior" mean to you? And as much as you seem to dislike the use of the Bible to support Christian views, perhaps you could do that on this occasion?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 05:02 PM
    OK. What is that message that is "bigger" than Christ as Savior, an aspect you so steadfastly resist?
    You've already misread my post and gone off down a side road that will take you to a dead end.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 05:38 PM
    Why am I not surprised? Some things are utterly predictable.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 05:54 PM
    Why am I not surprised? Some things are utterly predictable.
    Please respond to my post after reading what I ACTUALLY wrote. E.g., I did not write about a message bigger than Christ. I have not resisted Christ as Savior.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 06:21 PM
    Please respond to my post after reading what I ACTUALLY wrote. E.g., I did not write about a message bigger than Christ. I have not resisted Christ as Savior.
    Respond to your post? OK. What do you mean when you refer to, "bigger message of what Christ really means to all of mankind?" What is that "bigger message"? And when you consider that I never described His work as Savior, then how would you be able to know I "limited" that role?

Perhaps you could be nice enough to refer to scripture to support your response. I listed ten passages which you dismissed as nothing more than "gotcha" scriptures, which I find to be astonishing. So tell us your meaning with support.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 06:30 PM
    What do you mean when you refer to, "bigger message of what Christ really means to all of mankind?" What is that "bigger message"?
    "...THE bigger message of what Christ really means to all of mankind."

Unconditional love.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 06:37 PM
    Well, one thing is for sure. No one can accuse you of using "proof texts", or any other texts for that matter. As to your "unconditional love", read John 3:16 to find out what that is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 06:45 PM
    Well, one thing is for sure. No one can accuse you of using "proof texts", or any other texts for that matter. As to your "unconditional love", read John 3:16 to find out what that is.
    Yep, God's unconditional love for us gave us Jesus. If there wouldn't have been unconditional love, there wouldn't have been a Savior.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 06:52 PM
    Didn’t read John 3:16, did ya? Especially that part about, “whosoever believes in Him.”
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 07:03 PM
    Didn’t read John 3:16, did ya? Especially that part about, “whosoever believes in Him.”
    Cherry picker! Read the entire Bible to find out how God's unconditional love works.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 07:20 PM
    Cherry picker! Read the entire Bible to find out how God's unconditional love works.
    I feel sorry for you. You have chosen to believe your own thoughts rather than the repeated teachings of the Bible, and your only weak plea is to appeal to "the entire Bible", though you can't think of a single passage to support your belief. It's really very sad to watch, a woman who refuses to believe.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2021, 07:39 PM
    I feel sorry for you. You have chosen to believe your own thoughts rather than the repeated teachings of the Bible, and your only weak plea is to appeal to "the entire Bible", though you can't think of a single passage to support your belief. It's really very sad to watch, a woman who refuses to believe.
    I REFUSE to throw out proof passages! Your continuous scolding and slamming of me says you have no idea what unconditional love is.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2021, 07:42 PM
    You don't "throw out" proof passages because you don't have any. Well, you have been presented with the truth. The rest is up to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Fix is in .....the swamp protects it's own [ 10 Answers ]

Because "no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case." "In a report released Thursday, the DOJ's Office of the Inspector General said its probe found that Comey violated department policy. "Upon completing its investigation, the OIG provided its factual findings to the Justice Department...

Trump and His Swamp [ 22 Answers ]

I guess we missed his meaning - we thought he meant to drain the EXISTING swamp when it turns out the swamp is entirely one of HIS making. His cabinet secretary Acosta is the 9th cabinet official to leave the Trump administration. There are only 15 cabinet positions. For context: During the...

Swamp gas smell in bathroom comes when closed up [ 2 Answers ]

A swamp gas smell in jacussie toilet area of bathroom especially in colder weather when I close door and window. Have had 3 plummers and an enginer here. Yes I have pulled a couple dead mice out from under jacusie but this is a sewer smell. Replaced wax ring and toilet. I rent a beautiful house but...

Swamp cool to refrigerated? [ 6 Answers ]

OK, I am an experienced roofer who has seen this conversion a million times and I think I can handle it... I think. My plan was to buy ohe of the precharged self contained units that goes on the roof and just do the ductwork and wiring myself (I got my brother to do the 240v and subpanel), but I...

View more questions Search