Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nkaufman Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2020, 09:33 AM
    GE Fridge Ice in Food issue
    Hello,

Ice has started developing recently in Food in GE fridge. No ice anywhere else in the fridge, just in food/vegetables.

I tried lowering the cold setting and tried raising the cold setting but the issue persists.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks.,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 10:00 AM
    We have a GE refrigerator purchased in the late '70s. We too have noticed food in the crisper drawers and at the back of the shelves, especially on the bottom shelves. We too have tried various thermostat adjustments, but nothing has helped. Sooooo, what we do is leave the crisper drawers open a few inches and be careful where we put leftovers, sauces, drinks including milk, etc. Buying a new refrigerator is probably the only solution, so that might happen if this situation gets much worse.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 11:49 AM
    You could check out these easy fixes for common problems. See what fits you including component failure common in older units.

How To Fix Ice Buildup In Your Refrigerator/Freezer (removeandreplace.com)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 12:04 PM
    Thanks, Tal. Trouble is, there's no ice buildup inside the refrigerator, just the food (raw veggies, packaged meats) often freezes, and ice chunks appear in partially filled Glad containers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very hot house & spoilage of unopened canned pet food-safer in fridge? [ 2 Answers ]

I would appreciate your opinions, advice and experiences regarding finding out if it is safer to keep unopened cans of expensive special Cat and dog foods in the fridge? (the cans are from the Vet, for particular ailments whereby some of my pets are on certain diets to treat their health issues)...

My fridge froze all my food! [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so yesterday we found out that most of the stuff in our fridge was starting to freeze. Today everything is frozen solid! I'm getting a hold of the people we have the warranty through tomorrow but that doesn't help us with the damage already done! I have to start figuring out what I have to...

How does food in the fridge cooldown? [ 3 Answers ]

How does food in the fridge cooldown?

How to fix the frosting issue in my fridge(not freezer)? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 2nd hand fridge/freezer and it's about 10 years old. The fridge is on top and freezer is on bottom. The freezer works fine however I found frost was generated inside the fridge around the back wall and right corner. The door seal seems OK and the temp setting is not too low. Before frost...

Smelly fridge - drain pan is the issue [ 1 Answers ]

I've found the issue that is making my fridge STINK! A large quantity of milk has made it's way into the drian pan. The issue is that the fridge (Kenmore Bottom Mount Model 596.61862101) has a drain pan that is not accessible. I've taken off the back panel and can see the pan but you can't...

View more questions Search