Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2020, 02:03 PM
    What a wild tale. We have tested more people by far than any other country, so your conspiracy tale will not hold water. And the COVID vaccine (Trump vaccine) was developed over many years?? That is complete lunacy. We have only known about the virus for a little more than a year. Total nonsense.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ies-worldwide/
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2020, 04:20 PM
    History of coronavirus - Wikipedia

Coronavirus History: How did coronavirus start? (webmd.com)

Number of tests are meaningless unless associated with a tracing and mitigation strategy. Hospitalizations and deaths rates are the numbers that best show the effectiveness of those strategies and by any measure we ain't doing so good even compared to other nations.
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2020, 04:38 PM
    Number of tests are meaningless unless associated with a tracing and mitigation strategy.
    Except that you had conjured up a conspiracy theory that had, at the heart of it, the allegation that we were not testing adequately. When it comes to death rates, we are not at the top but could certainly show improvement.

Might add that the two states with the worst death rates are liberal dem strongholds, so does that mean we need to get them voted out? Are you consistent on that? Do New York and New Jersey need to vote in republican governments?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...tes_by_country

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2020, 05:22 PM
    it would be a start but there is much more underlying this, perhaps a palestinian/iranian plot to eliminate the jews
    Expert

Dec 17, 2020, 10:03 PM
    Repub areas are rapidly up with dem areas at a very rapid pace. Here's a hint more dense populations more infections.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) (msn.com)
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2020, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Repub areas are rapidly up with dem areas at a very rapid pace. Here's a hint more dense populations more infections.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) (msn.com)
    You know Tal looking at those statistics you have to ask a question. Why is the outcome in Australia so different? The death rate is low, the rate of infection almost non existent. Is it the glorious weather? could be, since the state with the highest infection rate is also notorious for its bad weather. Is it lifestyle? while Australia has a highly urbanised population, not a large percentage live in dense housing. Maybe it is what we eat, less emphasis in fast food, pork is a lesser choice. One thing we do that everyone hates, we disinfect arriving aircraft before disembarkation, this must lessen the infection rate
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2020, 05:46 AM
    Everyone needs to be looking at New Zealand. They have announced they are COVID free.

Funny how rational you become when Trump is not the topic. At any rate, of the top five states, four are liberal dem strongholds, so I still want to know if you are advocating we throw out those mini Dufusites? And population density is NOT a sure fire predictor. SD, LA, MS, and ND are in the top ten of states, and they are rural states.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 12:01 PM
    New Zealand didn't diddle around

How did New Zealand become Covid-19 free? - BBC News

Here's an interesting development in the corona fight.

National Wastewater Surveillance System (NWSS) – a new public health tool to understand COVID-19 spread in a community | CDC
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2020, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    New Zealand is a microcosm, many ideas are tested there. Geographically it doesn't resemble many places in the world and its isolation means that spread is easier to control.

Testing waste water tells you where the virus has been, unless there are few cases in the community it isn't a control tool In my own city positive tests showed up after a big event but no case was detected in the community. All that told us was a visitor had positive antibodies because no other cases were detected at that time and the state became virus free for a time. Restricting freedom of movement is the best control tool
    Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 05:33 PM
    Not a lot of good options for sure but the key here is if the population buys into the solution in great enough numbers to make a difference.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2020, 07:25 PM
    if the population buys into the solution
    What solution other than the Trump vaccine would you prefer?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It ain't the Trump vaccine.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 07:40 PM
    I think the dufus should have leveled with the people from the beginning rather than downplaying the virus as a flu and no big deal touting it would go away and disappear on it's own. A blatant LIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It ain't the Trump vaccine.
    I fully agree! He puts his name on stuff to get credit for it.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2020, 08:28 PM
    I think the dufus should have leveled with the people from the beginning rather than downplaying the virus as a flu and no big deal touting it would go away and disappear on it's own. A blatant LIE!
    I ask for solution, and you give a diatribe. So it's settled. The Trump vaccine is the big hope.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 08:45 PM
    The solution we would have preferred, like Tal said, was that Trump would have been honest and forthright from the beginning.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2020, 09:29 PM
    I ask for solution, and you give a diatribe. So it's settled. The Trump vaccine is the big hope.
    You don't think the truth would have made a difference?
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2020, 06:58 AM
    You don't think the truth would have made a difference?
    I'm sure it would have, and you can fire away on that, but I asked for solutions in the present time. I have asked and asked and asked for this, but all in vain. It is apparent that no one here has any idea what to do other than what is already being done, and yes that includes me. The Trump vaccine is the only solution I see on the horizon. That and the exercising of some common sense in identifying the at-risk group, trying hard to protect them, and letting everyone else get on with their lives wearing masks and using hand sanitizer.

I hope someday to meet a liberal dem who is willing to simply admit that he/she does not have an answer rather than hiding behind a barrage of Trump-hating verbiage.
    Expert

Dec 19, 2020, 10:27 AM
    To stop the spread of sickness and death you must stop human activity and interaction. 250,000 new cases yesterday and even more deaths. (316,339 currently)
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2020, 02:20 PM
    The Trump vaccine is the only solution I see on the horizon. That and the exercising of some common sense in identifying the at-risk group, trying hard to protect them, and letting everyone else get on with their lives wearing masks and using hand sanitizer.
    There are now two approved vaccines and there are all the other Trump favoured cures which obviously don't lead to herd immunity whatever that is, but no mind the virus will just go away as quickly as it came
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
    but no mind the virus will just go away as quickly as it came
    We can hope that is true. About half of our population says they won't take the vaccine anyway, so that's another issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

The economy is so bad that. [ 3 Answers ]

THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD, that . I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail. I ordered a burger at McDonalds and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?" CEO's are now playing miniature golf. If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds,"

How would you fix the economy? [ 11 Answers ]

How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it! Dear Mr. President, Please find below my suggestion for fixing America's economy. Instead

View more questions Search