paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2021, 07:17 PM
    Can't live on it Jl
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2021, 07:20 PM
    Jl I'm retired and live on less than $40K a year
    So less than 40K a year is fine for you, but 60K won't make it here??? Well...OK then.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2021, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So less than 40K a year is fine for you, but 60K won't make it here??? Well...OK then.
    I am one person, living in a rural area and having little expenses. My medical is taken care of and I don't travel much. I give the lie to the modern idea of retirement funding which suggests you need 60% of pre retirement income. I pay no income tax, courtesy of government policy. This is what happens when you take the burden off the low end of the income spectrum and shift to taxation of outgoings rather than income. Many things become possible
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2021, 09:07 AM
    Don't really know what else to tell you. 60K here won't buy a couple a mansion on a hilltop, but it is FAR above poverty, and sensible people can do well on that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2021, 11:35 AM
    $60,000 for a family of 4 or more is not THAT far from poverty. Big difference between singles and households. It's a lot more complicated and complex than just a dollar figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shall a trade school that trains ppl to become venture capitalists be a S-Corp or LLC [ 1 Answers ]

I am a venture capitalist and a U.S citizen who will be establishing a for-profit trade school to train people to become venture capitalists. Between the S-Corp and the LLC legal entity, can you tell me which one I should choose and why?

Question about html/css and linking local files a question of security. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm sorry for this total noob question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. (ive only been coding for like 2 weeks) I am making a joke website for my brothers birthday using notepad++ and my limited knowledge. It won't ever be a live website and only he will have access to it. I am currently in...

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Management Accounts Question: Variance Question? [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having. The Q is as follows; McCauleys Ltd uses a standard costing system and has produced the following production information for the month of June 2010. Standard Actual Sales (units) 10,000 10,000 Sales price per unit £30 £32...

View more questions Search