Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2020, 01:39 PM
    Dude, we have many months before enough people are immunized to counter this virus. it's hardly a short term problem. It could well go into most of next year.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2020, 02:09 PM
    In the history of nations, months are most certainly short term.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2020, 02:47 PM
    thank you sunshine
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2020, 03:13 PM
    Another intelligent, meaningful addition to the discussion from the resident Aussie. Note: Dripping with sarcasm.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2020, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    In the history of nations, months are most certainly short term.
    In the months before Biden takes over, the death toll will be almost 400,000. Well over a million by the time most people will get vaccinated and that's short term.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2020, 06:07 PM
    Another intelligent, meaningful addition to the discussion from the resident Aussie. Note: Dripping with sarcasm.
    You noticed, I must have hit a nerve, I find intelligent doesn't work with you
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2020, 07:12 PM
    And yet another intelligent, meaningful addition to the discussion from the resident Aussie. Note: Dripping with sarcasm.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2020, 07:33 PM
    Oh always
    Expert

Dec 9, 2020, 10:37 AM
    Seems between now and we get enough people vaccinated we could do whatever we can to mitigate the spread, sickness, loss of life, and emotional trauma of going through this difficult time. Isn't that a form of charity? I think that as a nation with voluntary compliance to the safety protocols we would all be better off. I get people have rights and hate to be told what to do, but where's the common sense in spreading a deadly virus further and faster?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2020, 11:11 AM
    Seems between now and we get enough people vaccinated we could do whatever we can to mitigate the spread, sickness, loss of life, and emotional trauma of going through this difficult time.
    What do we need to do that we are not presently doing? In my area it seems, from what I can see, that people are doing pretty well in wearing masks, social distancing, etc. Perhaps this is just a sickness that is very difficult to contain and is showing us that we humans are not nearly as smart or in control as we think we are.
    Expert

Dec 9, 2020, 01:29 PM
    Maybe your area is doing a better job of compliance, but clearly many are not.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2020, 01:50 PM
    That could be. I have no idea what the feds think they will do about it.
    Expert

Dec 10, 2020, 05:16 AM
    That could be. I have no idea what the feds think they will do about it.
    The states and locals are doing there own thing in the absence of federal guidance. That seems to be a factor in explaining why we have 50 plans instead of one.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2020, 05:39 AM
    There is abundant fed guidance. It is fed guidance that is responsible for a vaccine being developed in months rather than years. The CDC has issued guidelines that the states are using. If there is anything else to be done, short of shutting down the entire country in every way for weeks, neither I nor you know what it is. And if we truly send everyone home for several weeks, it will completely wreck the economy and likely not even work. So rather than endlessly complaining, why don't you try coming up with an idea?

The truth is, we will limp along through January, but by February the Trump vaccine will become widespread enough to start making a significant difference. Then I'm sure we will all be singing Trump's praises for his effective and rapid response to COVID by developing the only thing that would really make a difference.
    Expert

Dec 10, 2020, 02:59 PM
    Have you been watching the news? States and localities have not been following CDC guidelines fully nor is the dufus pressing them too, and even going against them himself. I doubt I ever sing his praises, but will rejoice his departure when he finally leaves.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2020, 04:20 PM
    I doubt I ever sing his praises,
    That's the understatement of the year.

If you want to criticize DJT, then that's fine. He is certainly deserving of much of it, but I have asked you more times than I can count for suggestions which we are not currently doing. Drawn a blank so far. I don't see us putting the FBI out to catch Tal or whoever is going about without a mask on. Harris/Biden can mandate masks if they want to. Many, many people will ignore them, but even if they do wear them, all of that seems to not be overwhelmingly effective. So we will wait for the Trump vaccine.

Have you been watching the news of the dem govs and mayors who set tough standards and then violate them themselves? Not repubs, but liberal dems.
    Expert

Dec 10, 2020, 04:41 PM
    Yes I have and have voiced my disgust at the hypocrisy, but that doesn't excuse the repubs from sending the message the virus ain't real and putting profits before people. Masks or any of the protocols are, but strategies to SLOW the spread of sickness and death. Still our own behavior as a nation is what is spreading this virus with little or no resistance so let's not pretend we couldn't do much better, it's just reality we don't want to whatever the reason.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2020, 04:43 PM
    the repubs from sending the message the virus ain't real and putting profits before people.
    If they were doing that, I would agree with you.

Still our own behavior as a nation is what is spreading this virus with little or no resistance so let's not pretend we couldn't do much better, it's just reality we don't want to whatever the reason.
    Pretty much the case.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2020, 06:42 PM
    I have a question for capitalists, how should the bullying of Australia by Chinese communists be opposed. Capitalists have aided and abetted the rise of China by investing there and making their industries strong, the outcome of this is they feel they can bully a capitalist oriented nation into submission. They will not retaliate against the stronger capitalist nation of the US but take out their ire on others. Will you join with us to boycott Chinese goods?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2020, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I have a question for capitalists, how should the bullying of Australia by Chinese communists be opposed. Capitalists have aided and abetted the rise of China by investing there and making their industries strong, the outcome of this is they feel they can bully a capitalist oriented nation into submission. They will not retaliate against the stronger capitalist nation of the US but take out their ire on others. Will you join with us to boycott Chinese goods?
    In general, yes. But you would have to define bullying. When Russia invaded the Crimea, sanctions were placed against Russia. That was the correct thing to do, short of war. I note that Trump, in effect, opposed the sanctions and wanted Russia to be allowed back in the economic group.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shall a trade school that trains ppl to become venture capitalists be a S-Corp or LLC [ 1 Answers ]

I am a venture capitalist and a U.S citizen who will be establishing a for-profit trade school to train people to become venture capitalists. Between the S-Corp and the LLC legal entity, can you tell me which one I should choose and why?

Question about html/css and linking local files a question of security. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm sorry for this total noob question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. (ive only been coding for like 2 weeks) I am making a joke website for my brothers birthday using notepad++ and my limited knowledge. It won't ever be a live website and only he will have access to it. I am currently in...

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Management Accounts Question: Variance Question? [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having. The Q is as follows; McCauleys Ltd uses a standard costing system and has produced the following production information for the month of June 2010. Standard Actual Sales (units) 10,000 10,000 Sales price per unit £30 £32...

View more questions Search