Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 07:34 AM
    Why Biden does not do interviews.
    "Like I told Barack, if I reach something where there's a fundamental disagreement we have based on a moral principle, I'll develop some disease and say I have to resign." So if the President of the United States has a disagreement with his VP, he is going to tell us he has a disease and resign? The pres is going to resign because his subordinate disagrees with him? These next four years are going to be many things, and entertaining is certainly going to be one of them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 09:58 AM
    When did he say that?
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 10:03 AM
    Two days ago. https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...fIelOsvyLoVjv4
    Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 10:16 AM
    Yeah I found all the right wing spin on Biden's comments.

Biden jokes ‘he’ll RESIGN and develop mystery disease’ if he ever argues with VP Kamala Harris (thesun.co.uk)

Biden, 78, said: "Our philosophy of government is sympatico on how we want to approach these issues that we're facing.
    "And when we disagree, we just – so far it's been just like when Barack [Obama] and I did - it's in private. She'll say 'I think we should do A,B,C, or D.' And I'll say 'I like A, I don't like B and C' - and just go 'okay.'
    Yeah it will be interesting and I expect you wingers will jump on everything. It is your turn though to be fair and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 10:27 AM
    And Biden concluded with "And we [he and Harris, the same as he and Obama] don’t have that…and we’ve discussed at length our views on foreign policy, on domestic policy, on intelligence.”

I see that conservative websites are turning a short humorous comment (a JOKE, guys!!!) into something it wasn't meant to be. Like Mom telling you, "You can have three of those freshly baked chocolate chip cookies after you've gone over the Horseshoe Falls in a barrel."

In other words, "No, we're NOT going to disagree!" and "No, you're NOT getting any cookies!"
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 10:29 AM
    He said, just seconds before that comment, "All kidding aside." So no, I don't think we can say it was a humorous statement. But even at that, why would he think that HE would be the one to go? And if he really thinks the two of them will not disagree, then his cognition really needs to be checked. That's Alice in Wonderland thinking.

But even worse, if he really agrees with all of KH's thinking, then we are in worse trouble than I thought.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 10:34 AM
    JL, relax!!! You're turning this into something much bigger than it was. Jokers will say, "all kidding aside." That's how you know for sure they're kidding.

And no, Biden doesn't agree with Harris on everything. Remember the debates???
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2020, 10:52 AM
    Why should he do interviews ? This hiding in the basement worked great during the campaign .He is the Tiberius of America. The leader who goes into a self imposed exile .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 10:58 AM
    Hiding in the basement ... or ... DISASTER! having superspreader rallies and events rife with packed-together crowds, hand shaking, hugging and kissing...no masks, no social distancing....

Talk shows ... the host is "in his basement" interviewing the guests who are "in their basements." Watch The View, Dr. Phil, Rachael Ray, Kelly Clarkson, and even the new season of sitcoms that have been filmed very carefully and strategically.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 11:01 AM
    JL, relax!!! You're turning this into something much bigger than it was. Jokers will say, "all kidding aside." That's how you know for sure they're kidding.
    Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

And no, Biden doesn't agree with Harris on everything.
    Well, you said they did. "And we [he and Harris, the same as he and Obama] don’t have that"

So if they disagree, he's stepping down? My. How reassuring.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 11:14 AM
    Reading comprehension is not your forte, JL.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 11:47 AM
    Bad when a teacher can't READ or comprehend. He must be a right wing loony in disguise.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 12:09 PM
    Admitting when you are plainly and obviously wrong is your weakness. And when you can't do that, would that make you a dufus left winger in disguise?

WG, I think it's always the argument of the weak or uninformed when they appeal to nothing more than someone else's reading comprehension. In other words, "I can't find the information to persuade you, so that is somehow your fault." Very strange approach.

Tal, I still can't get over that comment of yours. "Homey ain't gonna like that one." In what unused corner of your mind did that one come from?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Admitting when you are plainly and obviously wrong is your weakness.
    ...he said about himself, remembering all those times in the past when he was yelled at.
    WG, I think it's always the argument of the weak or uninformed when they appeal to nothing more than someone else's reading comprehension. In other words, "I can't find the information to persuade you, so that is somehow your fault." Very strange approach.
    It's there in this thread. I even looked back to make sure. But then, you don't read links we post or read back in these threads. *sigh*
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 01:28 PM
    ...he said about himself, remembering all those times in the past when he was yelled at.
    How do you manage to be so frequently wrong? It's a gift, isn't it??

It's there in this thread. I even looked back to make sure. But then, you don't read links we post or read back in these threads. *sigh*
    You said that last time. Sigh. You were flat wrong, so we don't believe that wild tale anymore. Too close to a lie for comfort.

Remember???

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...82#post3861082

Look at the post 112 right above it as well. You flatly told a falsehood, or you were grossly mistaken. Either way, I don't pay attention to your sighs anymore.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2020, 02:54 AM
    Hiding in the basement ... or ... DISASTER! having superspreader rallies and events rife with packed-together crowds, hand shaking, hugging and kissing...no masks, no social distancing....

Talk shows ... the host is "in his basement" interviewing the guests who are "in their basements." Watch The View, Dr. Phil, Rachael Ray, Kelly Clarkson, and even the new season of sitcoms that have been filmed very carefully and strategically.
    I fail to see what that has to do with the question about why Quid doesn't do interviews . I follow him on Twitter and all he does is word salad platitudes .
    (1) Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) / Twitter

When he does interviews it is almost with pop pom waving pseudo journalists /entertainers like Jimmy Fallon . The toughest one he has had is with Jake Tapper where he described how he ran naked down the hallway trying to pull his dog's tail . That is allegedly how he broke his foot. You and I know that was a lie.

During the campaign he fielded nothing but softball questions like the one he did with '60 Minutes ' right before the election .

By contrast Trump routinely went into the lion's den at CNN et al knowing he would field one 'gotcha question ' after another .

Quid's great plan for covid ...... wear masks .
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2020, 06:19 AM
    The toughest one he has had is with Jake Tapper where he described how he ran naked down the hallway trying to pull his dog's tail .
    Thankfully, I did not see that interview.

During the campaign he fielded nothing but softball questions like the one he did with '60 Minutes ' right before the election .

By contrast Trump routinely went into the lion's den at CNN et al knowing he would field one 'gotcha question ' after another .
    Exactly correct. The biased news media is a big reason Trump lost this thing. That and his own stubborn stupidity.
    Expert

Dec 6, 2020, 08:08 AM
    The dufus words antics and behavior got the dem vote out, and even long time repubs were motivated against him. No matter the right wing spin and criticism Joe did enough to win or not to lose even while the dufus increased his support base.

Outcome Joe! Conservatives have been crying about the lamestream media so long it's no wonder they get a raw deal. That and just being raging lunatics most times with a callous disregard for the rest of us with their openly biased shenanigans that turn off the the poor and have nots which they're finding out have some huge numbers when they turn out to exercise their franchise.

A robust turn out worked against the dufus and collectively, hopefully the emotional political volume was turned down considerably. Ultimately the fear of sickness, death, and financial ruin was too much for the dufus usual BS to overcome against a highly well known experienced favorable politician!

Right wing hollering points just didn't stick, yet that's all you guys had. 3 years of BS lies didn't help conservatives either as far as the dufus was concerned.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2020, 12:31 PM
    1. Record low unemployment figures. 2. Substantial economic growth. 3. Substantial growth in manufacturing jobs, far, far more than Obama ever had. 4. Appointment of fed judges who actually value the Constitution and rule of law. 5. Got rid of the useless Paris Climate Accords. 6. Got rid of a useless treaty with Iran. 7. At least made a start on a southern wall in order to control illegal immigration. 8. Moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. 9. Fast tracked COVID vaccine. 10. Drew down overseas troop deployments. 11. Substantially increased U.S. exports. 12. Growth in the stock market. 13. Kept N. Korea under control. 14. Achieved American energy independence. 15. Held the American economy together during COVID epidemic and surpassed predictions in lowering unemployment BY FAR.

I think you're the one with the BS.

Might want to also remember that we gained seats in the House and in state legislatures, and have a good shot at holding the Senate. The fact that the left could not use the COVID tragedy to make more progress is telling. I'll predict right now that the dems will have massive losses in the House and Senate after two years of Harris/Pelosi/AOC.
    Expert

Dec 6, 2020, 05:55 PM
    We booted the dufus from office to put an end to red meat racists delusions of grandeur by you wingers. All those so called accomplishments are talking points of the past. Half of them are puffed up talking points and the other half are meaning less lies. Right wing loony BS.

Nice spin to keep your heads from exploding. Go ahead finish off the rest of the repub party or what's left of those scoundrels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biden-Trump [ 39 Answers ]

Biden passes 79 million votes - highest ever. 50.9% of popular vote - most for any challenger since FDR. 5.7 million votes more than Trump - and the margin is still growing. Trump will be absent from Biden's inauguration since he will abscond to Florida prior where he will fight...

Biden's 2019 Tax Returns [ 28 Answers ]

Biden’s returns, posted on his campaign website, show that he and his wife, Jill, made $944,737 in taxable income last year and paid $299,346 in federal income taxes—a 31 percent tax rate. In contrast, Trump paid no federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years, and paid just $750 in 2016 and...

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

God bless Joe Biden [ 34 Answers ]

You got to love the guy for speaking his mind... If he's so brilliant and so prepared, why is Biden already begging for help? Why is he already predicting low poll numbers? This is the guy that "has it" and this is his running mate? Reportedly Biden added, “I probably shouldn’t have said...

Obama vs. Biden [ 3 Answers ]

You've had your chuckles over Palin, this is the alternative... LvZpp9QJRME

View more questions Search