Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2020, 08:27 AM
    Barr appoints Durham as special prosecutor in Russia hoax probe.
    Go ahead Quid . Fire him ! You think appointing you co-conspirator Sally Yates to DOJ will help you sweep it under the rug ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2020, 10:17 AM
    Yeah fire him Joe, and end this dufus Barr clown show. If Barr had anything he would have brought it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2020, 11:03 AM
    You once called Sydney Powell "brilliant". She has disgraced herself with the nuttiest of conspiracy theories and should be disbarred in addition to being dismissed by the Trump crowd.

Now you're touting Durham, another grifting freak who will probably be exposed just like your hero Powell.

You and Trump call the Russian probe a hoax, yet the entire US intelligence community disagrees with you and special investigator Mueller gave ten instances of Trump's obstruction of justice. Trump quakes as the days wind down to his denouement.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2020, 02:13 PM
    I wouldn't jump off the conspiracy bandwagon just yet.

This is so funny to watch. You guys dared Trump to fire Mueller. He didn't because, I imagine, he knew there was no "there" there. Now that a spec pros has been appointed to look in the opposite direction, you are all on the bandwagon for getting rid of him. The hatred of Trump that gets spewed on this site is really breath-taking at times. I thought I saw hatred directed at Obama, but I have never seen anything like this. It is miles off the chart. It is like an insidious disease.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2020, 03:17 PM
    The dufus deserves all the scorn he gets and whatever else comes his way. Maybe we should examine this special prosecutor appointment closer.

Barr's Special Counsel Appointment of John Durham Ignores DOJ Rules | Law & Crime (lawandcrime.com)

You are aware the AG Rosenstein was limiting the Mueller investigation don't you?

Report: Justice Department Quietly Limited Robert Mueller's Russia Investigation (forbes.com)
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2020, 03:27 PM
    You are aware the AG Rosenstein was limiting the Mueller investigation don't you?
    You are aware that your excuses have become tiresome, haven't you?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2020, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

)
    You mean it was limited to the terms of reference and not the witch hunt it had become?
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2020, 04:07 PM

Tal, those are two of the best links I've ever seen on this site. Barr's secret designation of Durham is revealed as the ineffective move it actually is, even tho Barr thinks he's being clever by outsmarting the incoming administration. It again shows that Barr is less than a legal genius.

However, the second link from Forbes is a masterful stroke laying out the chronological highlights of the Mueller probe and eliminating once and for all Trump's lame repetition of it being a “hoax”. Missing is Barr's preposterous denunciation of the Mueller report before anyone else had a chance to see it. That will be one of Barr's chief legacies as he waddles out of the DOJ.

I hope tomder will see it and read it carefully.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2020, 04:19 PM
    Firing special prosecutors is a ticket to impeachment and conviction. Just ask Nixon.

I don't believe I mentioned Sydney Powell in this post . But I stick by my contention about her brilliance .

Yes the Intel agencies concluded Russia interfered . Specifically the Ruskies had pajama boys posting on Facebook . The CIA ALSO reported to the emperor that it was the Evita campaign that concocted the whole Trump collusion hoax .

Mueller made an innocuous comment that he could not "exonerate " the President of obstruction . It was not his role the "exonerate " . That comment in his report was breadcrumbs to the pigeons to justify the expense of this witch hunt . The truth is that Trump gave the Mueller team unprecedented access to the White House . Where were the prosecutions of anything related ? He prosecuted on past crimes and process crimes he concocted in his various perjury traps .

Trump quakes at nothing . He survived impeachment and if the over zealous prosecutors in NY State had anything they would've already released it before the election .
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2020, 04:19 PM
    Tal, go ahead and send Athos his forty bucks.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2020, 04:49 PM
    Maybe we should examine this special prosecutor appointment closer.
    no problem then for Quid or his AG Sally Yates to conduct a coverup by firing Durham . right ? Or maybe that would be some REAL obstruction of justice ? Why do you think Trump did not fire Mueller ? Quid and Yates will think hard when he loses his majority in the House during the mid-terms ;and both the House and the Republican Senate play turn around is fair play.

"(2) that investigation would present a conflict of interest for the Justice Department — such that it would create serious ethical problems for the case to be investigated in the normal course by a district U.S. attorney’s office or a litigating unit of the Justice Department."
    I guess the special Counsel law DOES apply after all .

"The Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government" -

it only means that Durham cannot work for the government in any other role for the duration of his appointment.

"Special Counsels shall agree that their responsibilities as Special Counsel shall take first precedence in their professional lives, and that it may be necessary to devote their full time to the investigation, depending on its complexity and the stage of the investigation."

Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2020, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Firing special prosecutors is a ticket to impeachment and conviction. Just ask Nixon.
    No need to fire the guy - he's hopeless anyway.

I don't believe I mentioned Sydney Powell in this post . But I stick by my contention about her brilliance.
    That is sad beyond words. She was too much even for the unhinged Giuliani. And Trump.

Mueller made an innocuous comment that he could not "exonerate " the President of obstruction
    Hardly innocuous. He gave the evidence and left it to others to do the prosecution since Trump could not be indicted. A position I disagree with since nobody is above the law.

The truth is that Trump gave the Mueller team unprecedented access to the White House.
    Absolutely not true! Trump refused to meet with Mueller except by subpoena, and agreed only to answer written questions submitted by Mueller. Mueller later characterized those answers to Congress as inadequate and untruthful.

Where were the prosecutions of anything related ?
    Stand by, they're coming.

Trump quakes at nothing
    Trump is afraid of his shadow. He cannot survive unless he is surrounded by his sycophants or his bodyguards or the Secret Service. He even sends others to do his dirty work for him. He's always been like that. This is a guy who tweets threats in his pajamas while safely in his bed.

If the over zealous prosecutors in NY State had anything they would've already released it before the election .
    Ha ha. I think it's you doing the quaking now. You know damn well Cy Vance is waiting in the wings biding his time as is the Southern District of New York, Rudy's old stomping grounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid appoints Rep. Cedric Richmond...... [ 4 Answers ]

..... as liason between the envirowackos and the business community . I have to say I approve of this move . 1. He is from Louisiana ;an energy state . 2, He gets his campaign funded by the energy companies . He has received some $341 K in contributions from the oil and gas industry...

Looking for a Dentist in Raleigh or Durham [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a new dentist in the Raleigh or Durham area. I would love to get a few suggestions or reviews from real people rather than just online reviews of which I think many are fake or embellished. Here are a few of my options that I have come up with: Lane and Associates Wells Family...

Bull Durham Song [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the song in the movie Bull Durham played during the sex scene with Kevin Costner?

Should I take the prosecutor offer? [ 1 Answers ]

I got a DUI one year ago. I blew under the limit 0.6 and urine text came out clean. Last Wednesday in the pretrial the prosecutor wanted to give me DUI with all penalties. My lawyer told her "why? if he blew under the limit and his urine was clean " and she said " do u want to talk about it? " he...

GOP Appoints Racist to Judiciary Committee [ 64 Answers ]

GOP Appoints Racist to Judiciary Committee On Tuesday, the GOP announced that Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) will replace Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter (Republican now turned Democrat) as the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee. This Judiciary Committee is responsible for...

View more questions Search