Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 4, 2020, 08:02 PM
    For the millionth time, put people before profits and flattening the curb is a simple matter. Less sick, less dying. Manageable. I've been say that from the beginning, but talking to a dufusite is useless. You just run off on some loony tangent and ignore the problem.

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2020, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So for the six hundredth and thirty fifth time, what do you suggest we do that is not currently being done?
    1. wear a mask when out and about
    2. maintain a good social distance
    3. daily take iron, vitamin C, zinc, aspirin or tylenol, and famotidine
    4. Drink plenty of water; stay hydrated
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2020, 08:19 PM
    flattening the curb
    Why would you want to flatten a "curb"? Are your streets too high? "Less sick. Less dying." Why on earth didn't we all think of that one? While we're at it, we could just go "whoosh!" and blow the whole thing away.

If you ever come up with any REAL ideas, then get back with me. You know, something more than, "Less sick, and less dying." Cause I got to tell you, Homey ain't putting up with that! (I'm telling you, it's a keeper.)

1. wear a mask when out and about
    2. maintain a good social distance
    3. daily take iron, vitamin C, zinc, aspirin or tylenol, and famotidine
    4. Drink plenty of water; stay hydrated
    This was supposed to be about ideas NOT already being employed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2020, 08:28 PM
    This was supposed to be about ideas NOT already being employed.
    Unfortunately, most of them aren't.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2020, 08:32 PM
    Only in Chicago, evidently, or in California at a liberal dem governor's birthday party. Come to Mississippi where we are employing all of them other than possibly #3. I honestly have no idea what most people are doing in their own homes. And are you aware that your new pres is NOT going to mandate wearing masks or social distancing??? Homey ain't going to put up with that!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2020, 08:59 PM
    Only in Chicago, evidently, or in California at a liberal dem governor's birthday party. Come to Mississippi where we are employing all of them other than possibly #3
    #3 is the most important one in that list!
    your new pres is NOT going to mandate wearing masks or social distancing
    Not true, buddy boy.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2020, 09:21 PM
    #3 is the most important one in that list!
    How do you propose that our government mandate that?

Not true, buddy boy.
    It is true. It's been in the news for several days now. And at any rate, it is very unlikely he has the authority to mandate such things. Who would enforce it, the FBI? Federal marshals?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2020, 09:26 PM
    How do you propose that our government mandate that?
    It's not a mandatable instruction. You'll see!
    It is true. It's been in the news for several days now. And at any rate, it is very unlikely he has the authority to mandate such things. Who would enforce it, the FBI? Federal marshals?
    You sure haven't kept up. Been out at the bar too often?
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2020, 09:30 PM
    You sure haven't kept up.
    Have it your way. It's been in the news everywhere, I suppose, but Chicago. Have a good night.
    Expert

Dec 4, 2020, 09:48 PM
    Why would you want to flatten a "curb"? Are your streets too high? "Less sick. Less dying." Why on earth didn't we all think of that one? While we're at it, we could just go "whoosh!" and blow the whole thing away.
    Education is the cure for IGNORANCE! You still have to apply the education though, and that's the failure of the dufus. Yeah I meant "curve" not curb. I goofed.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 06:46 AM
    I knew what you meant. I was just messing with you. My point in all of this is that we are doing just about everything that can be done short of just shutting down EVERYTHING and forcing EVERYONE to stay at home for a month. Your disregard of Trump won't allow you to say that, but it's basically true. In my area it is unusual to see people in stores without masks. Restaurants do primarily take out business. Social distancing is practiced, and travel has become much more limited. There is now soap in every men's bathroom because we realize the importance of hand washing. So go ahead and continue to rail against Trump, but it would be nice of you to be honest enough to simply admit that there is very little else that can be done. Either that, or tell us your ideas, and ideas more specific and practical than glaringly obvious platitudes like "less disease", "less death", or "We need to flatten the curve." Even your hero, JB, has no idea of practical substance other than spending enormous amounts of money (that we don't have) to send checks to people and states in an attempt to buy even more votes in the next election. He is not, and likely cannot, going to mandate the wearing of masks, social distancing, etc., and even if he did, how would it get enforced? Would you suggest sending federal marshals out to write tickets to people for not standing six feet apart? Now I hope he does it because it would lead to a popular uprising that would sweep liberal dems out of office for the next twenty years, but he won't. Even JB has better sense than that. So we're going to continue to muddle along until the Trump vaccine gets widespread enough to diminish infections. That's simply how it is whether we like it or not.

But like I said, if you have any specific, practical suggestions of what we can do differently, then by all means enlighten us with your education and disperse the dark clouds of ignorance. Just throwing the ole transmission in hate gear and popping the clutch isn't accomplishing very much.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 07:46 AM
    Let me get this straight. Your area embraces what the scientist have said and flattened your curve successfully? That's great, so imagine the better outcomes if we all embraced that action as a country. That's not what the dufus has done and not what he asked for. He called for us to IGNORE the virus and keep doing what we were doing before covid. The whole GOP joined him in politicizing this blue state versus red state meme and we ain't got no money to do what it takes to get us through this crisis. The dufus didn't even try to save lives. He puts profits before people especially his own and enough wingers holler about their rights to make a loud enough noise to stifle any UNIFIED response to this CRISIS!

What a waste to accept such incompetence and mediocracy, illness, and death that leads the whole frigging world. We don't have to just muddle along and it's not the dufus's vaccine, and it ain't here yet. Thankfully the people have booted this fool out of the top seat in the world and that may yet be the best thing that we could do for the nation. Now we can do better than MUDDLE.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 07:51 AM
    Your area embraces what the scientist have said and flattened your curve successfully?
    We are following the guidelines and the curve is NOT flattening. That's kind of the whole point.

Well, as I thought, no new ideas. No new suggestions. Oh well. When the Trump vaccine, and he is primarily responsible for its rapid development, get's geared up this month, then by January or February we will see declining figures. Until then we just have to do the best we can.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 09:57 AM
    We are following the guidelines and the curve is NOT flattening. That's kind of the whole point.
    Please elaborate on what the problem is in your area.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 10:08 AM
    We are fighting a disease that is fairly highly infectious and for which there is no real treatment and no truly effective prevention other than just staying away from other people. It is not a real problem in the under fifty crowd, but is a significant threat to the over fifty crowd. (Note: That would be both of us. Just another disadvantage of old age, I guess.)
    Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 10:47 AM
    We are fighting a disease that is fairly highly infectious and for which there is no real treatment and no truly effective prevention other than just staying away from other people. It is not a real problem in the under fifty crowd, but is a significant threat to the over fifty crowd. (Note: That would be both of us. Just another disadvantage of old age, I guess.)
    It's a REAL problem in enough to exercise caution and not ignore dire consequences even among the young. They're called long haulers if they survive.

Young people are at risk of severe Covid-19 illness (nbcnews.com)

Why Covid-19 kills some young people - CNN

Fighting the dangerous myth that COVID only threatens the old or ill (usatoday.com)

I found this article also, one of many that outlines the other factors for young folks besides just the disease itself.

Young adults, unfairly blamed for COVID-19 spread, now face stress and uncertain futures (theconversation.com)

Here's a good interactive map.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/gr...ak/4945223002/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 10:50 AM
    People are tired of staying home with crabby kids who can't go to school and spouses who don't spend time away from home shopping and working at a job. Domestic abuse and suicides have increased. Thus, people are no longer following the rules. Weddings and funerals are becoming superspreader events. People want what's normal again.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 10:55 AM
    not ignore dire consequences even among the young.
    Sorry, but that is simply not true. Of course there are "dire consequences" possible, but the risks for the young are MUCH less than for those over fifty. It's not even close.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...th-by-age.html

And no, I am not going to read your five links to nowhere. Too much wasted time in the past to have me do that.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2020, 11:50 AM
    Yeah I know guy, I'm realizing your reading comprehension skills are suspect, or you're a loony winger who only reads stuff he agrees with for whatever reason.

Bummer!
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2020, 12:00 PM
    You always get mad when you're proven to be wrong like this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roman Catholic Wedding, or Not? [ 19 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions for my Roman Catholic friends regarding a wedding I attended last week. The circumstances were a bit strange, and I'm curious how the RC church would view this. Background: the bride is Catholic, the groom Protestant (Presbyterian I think, but not entirely sure). ...

IF I live in Florida and work in New York do I have to pay state taxes for New York [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida and will be working in New York 4 days a week. Will I have to pay New York state taxes on that income?

Roman Catholic Antichrist? [ 126 Answers ]

Here is My Reasons Why am I not Roman Catholic? 1. OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross. Both began 300 years after Christ... 310AD. 2. Wax...

Cheap apartment in brooklyn, calafornia, New York. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, One of my friends and myself are looking to move to america this August or September from australia and are trying to find cheap apartments in New York, brooklyn, calafornia, miami or somewhere in this area or anywhere close to these places that are cheap. To me cheap is about $150 to $200...

View more questions Search