Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2020, 01:55 PM
    Well John Roberts like many Republican nominees in the past has proven that he lied in the hearings and is not an impartial 'referee ' .Since he is no longer the swing vote ;he has decided to go all in with the activists on the court .
    I'm afraid that is about right.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 28, 2020, 02:05 PM
    Cry me a river since it's 5-4 to the right regardless if we follow ideology which keeps SCOTUS as the partisan joke that it is, and has been. I wish Joe would expand the courts just to watch the heads explode on the right. I doubt he does.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2020, 03:27 PM
    That court is only a joke because you think it is politically motivated but for years it was politically motivated and very partisan, but it hasn't found in favour of Trump. The court doesn't make laws it adjudicates on matters referred to it and strikes down laws that are unconstitutional and politically motivated.. what you advocate is a politically motivated court
    Expert

Nov 28, 2020, 05:51 PM
    We're just lucky the dufus lawyers are so incompetent that even judges appointed by the dufus laughed them out of court.

The jokes on HIM! Can't wait until the fool pardons himself!
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2020, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Can't wait until the fool pardons himself!
    no doubt that would be referred to the court
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 04:25 AM
    . I wish Joe would expand the courts just to watch the heads explode on the right. I doubt he does.
    Well for one thing ,he has no authority to do so. Congress decides the size of the court and even if there are any lower courts at all .The constitution only mandates a SCOTUS ...... Article 3 sec 1 (The judicial Power of the United States shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish )
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 04:41 AM
    That court is only a joke because you think it is politically motivated but for years it was politically motivated and very partisan,
    That is because the claim that the court being politicized is correct since the early days of the John Marshall court.

The court doesn't make laws it adjudicates on matters referred to it and strikes down laws that are unconstitutional and politically motivated..
    It has effectively made law out of whole cloth more times than I can mention. It has also created rights based on some bizzarro reading of the constitution. example :this is Justice Douglas in Griswold v Connecticut "specific guarantees in the Bill of Rights have penumbras, formed by emanations from those guarantees that help give them life and substance. "

That turn of phrase was the basis for creating the so called right to privacy which in turn morphed into the right to whack babies .
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That turn of phrase was the basis for creating the so called right to privacy which in turn morphed into the right to whack babies .
    So you are saying a supreme court judge actually said you have the right to whack babies? how much baby whacking goes on over there? obviously too much because the level of brain damage is extraordinary
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 06:01 AM
    see definition 3

Definition of whack

1a: to strike with a smart or resounding blowwhack the ball
    b: to cut with or as if with a whack : chop

2chiefly British : to get the better of :defeat

3slang : MURDER KILL
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2020, 06:25 AM
    So you are saying a supreme court judge actually said you have the right to whack babies? how much baby whacking goes on over there? obviously too much because the level of brain damage is extraordinary
    It is hardly a topic to make light of.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2020, 08:41 AM
    Maybe you righties need more facts as this is what Griswold v Conn. was about, and this is what Justice Douglas wrote.

"Would we allow the police to search the sacred precincts of marital bedrooms for telltale signs of the use of contraceptives? The very idea is repulsive to the notions of privacy surrounding the marriage relationship."
    Yes this right to privacy and practice of birth control by married couples which did expand to all women. Not much different than the rights of white men expanded to the rest of Americans.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 10:41 AM
    I have no right to kill a baby .
    Expert

Nov 29, 2020, 11:29 AM
    No one does by law. Are you against the abortion pill too? Does that mean you also would outlaw the legal abortion procedure at or before 12 weeks in a doctors office?

When is a fetus/zygote/fertilized egg considered a baby? How the heck did we get on this abortion stuff again?
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2020, 12:28 PM
    Toms quote about penumbras is actually from Roe/Wade, not from Griswald.

The real question is when are we dealing with a human life. The answer is pretty simple.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 29, 2020, 12:42 PM
    God “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Gen. 2:7). Man did not have a soul but he became a soul, and the life-principle was the breath (Hebrew ruah: spirit) of God. As a result, we say when man no longer has breath that he is dead.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 01:22 PM
    I'm not interested in rehashing abortion either . My point was that Justice Douglas created new rights and law out of whole cloth. His language states that rights are implied deep in the hidden meaning of the written words and intents of the authors These rights should be recognized, according to their liking, their interpretation, their personal preferences in order to "fix" some issue with a predetermined desired outcome
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    God “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Gen. 2:7). Man did not have a soul but he became a soul, and the life-principle was the breath (Hebrew ruah: spirit) of God. As a result, we say when man no longer has breath that he is dead.
    What do the Christian anti-abortionists say about this verse from the Bible?
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2020, 03:54 PM
    What do the Christian anti-abortionists say about this verse from the Bible?
    Please, please tell me that you are not trying to make the utterly absurd assertion that babies in the womb are not alive since they are not breathing air. The text you quoted simply says that life originated with God, and was conveyed to man by God breathing into his nostrils, not the breath of air, but the breath of life, and as a result he became a living creature. This of course is said of the first man, being one who spent no time in the womb.

That is what the "Christian anti-abortionist" says about that verse. What does the non-Christian, pro-abortionist say?
    Expert

Nov 29, 2020, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I'm not interested in rehashing abortion either . My point was that Justice Douglas created new rights and law out of whole cloth. His language states that rights are implied deep in the hidden meaning of the written words and intents of the authors These rights should be recognized, according to their liking, their interpretation, their personal preferences in order to "fix" some issue with a predetermined desired outcome
    I think its more expanding on the basics in order to stay relevant with evolving humans, in order to form a more perfect union which has to be an ongoing process. I think Douglas recognizes this process as inevitable.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It is hardly a topic to make light of.
    I was not making light of it. Few of my observations are intended to make light of a serious situation and not wishing to associate baby whacking with the abortion debate, what level of child discipline is the norm in a self obcessed society

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roman Catholic Wedding, or Not? [ 19 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions for my Roman Catholic friends regarding a wedding I attended last week. The circumstances were a bit strange, and I'm curious how the RC church would view this. Background: the bride is Catholic, the groom Protestant (Presbyterian I think, but not entirely sure). ...

IF I live in Florida and work in New York do I have to pay state taxes for New York [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida and will be working in New York 4 days a week. Will I have to pay New York state taxes on that income?

Roman Catholic Antichrist? [ 126 Answers ]

Here is My Reasons Why am I not Roman Catholic? 1. OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross. Both began 300 years after Christ... 310AD. 2. Wax...

Cheap apartment in brooklyn, calafornia, New York. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, One of my friends and myself are looking to move to america this August or September from australia and are trying to find cheap apartments in New York, brooklyn, calafornia, miami or somewhere in this area or anywhere close to these places that are cheap. To me cheap is about $150 to $200...

View more questions Search