Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittleMT Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2020, 04:42 PM
    DIY Cabin in the woods, drain pipes and venting...
    I am working on my little piece of paradise and getting the plumbing roughed in is coming up fast.

I have come up with a quick sketch of what I believe to be an appropriate system drawing but if someone could tell be if I get or if I completely misunderstand all this.

I have not indicated the various traps and what not as of yet, just seeing if my understanding of the drain/vent is okay.

Here is the sketch:

Solid lines = 3"
    Dashed lines = 2"
    dash dot dot = 1-1/4"
    green = drain
    cyan = Vent

Thanks,
    LittleMT
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2020, 08:35 AM
    Am I seeing it right that there is only one vent, and that at the end of the drain?

Nov 27, 2020, 07:36 PM
    That is what I was thinking. Tie all individual vents back to the stack.
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2020, 07:36 AM
    Never mind. I see it now. You are basically venting every drain and tying it all into the stack. I'm no plumber, but I would think that would work fine. There is a plumber on this site who will hopefully chime in here soon.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:21 AM
    Thanks, I will keep watching. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2020, 10:41 AM
    Checking your local building codes can be a good guidance, as well as an inspector who will no doubt advise you as you go. Assuming you have a permit for the work and submitted a plan.

Is this a new build or renovation?

Dec 2, 2020, 02:45 PM
    Thanks for the idea, I will check with the local municipality and see if they can offer suggestions.

This is new construction outside of the local municipality so there is no permit required. I should have said septic instead of sewer on the drawing.

Thanks.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2020, 09:24 PM
    LMT, there is a guy names MassPlumber2008 on this site who is a licensed plumber. I had hoped he would comment, but for some reason he has not. But Tal gave you some good advice that will hopefully prove useful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some old movie, about cabin in the woods people [ 1 Answers ]

They got under a barrol the barrol had a slit in the front so they could see where the were going it was a boy and a girl under the barrol they made their way to the water where a boat sat they got in the boat the fanged dog thing did not like the water that's how the two made it to safety.

A short film about an old cabin in the woods [ 0 Answers ]

There were no people in this short. There was an older sounding woman narrating the film from the perspective of the cabin or shack. It was all about nature retaking claim on the little shack. I don't know how old it is but I would think maybe a couple of years at the most. I would say if...

Looking for an 80's low budget horror film about a ghost in a cabin in the woods. [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for an 80's low budget horror film about a ghost in a cabin in the woods. In the end we find out the ghost is a little girl who lived there and was murdered. She is buried under the floorboards or in the fireplace with her teddy bear (we see her skeleton). It has a guy in it that...

Cabin Bathroom Vent and Drain Layout [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm hoping it is not too long to ask a question on this thread. I am in the process of trying to plumb a DWV system for a cabin in the country. Your solution to Rick's question is close to some questions I have but it is hard to tell exactly how the drains run in your diagram. This cabin has...

Venting drain pipes [ 22 Answers ]

Hi am trying to vent this setup for my basement, bathroom but not shure whether I need a vent please view the diagram and give me some ideas. Thanks:confused:

View more questions Search