Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 05:28 AM
    Yes please remember that when the federal government took away the lands of the indigenous population that means they have no control over it
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2020, 06:28 AM
    You mean like you guys do?

" In Western Australia, where mining companies make billion dollar profits exploiting Aboriginal land, the state government says it can no longer afford to “support” the homelands.Vulnerable populations, already denied the basic services most Australians take for granted, are on notice of dispossession without consultation, and eviction at gunpoint. Aboriginal leaders have warned of “a new generation of displaced people” and “cultural genocide”.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...igenous-people
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 29, 2020, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    it is not Federal lands . The government just treats it as such . The fact is that 573 sovereign Native American nations have formal nation to nation relationships with the US government .Sovereignty means self governance . The tribes ceded millions of acres of land for the guarantee of self governance on the lands they reside .And it is independent rule that is at the heart of almost every issue concerning native Americans . Yes Quid and JFKerry will most likely adopted the emperor's ban on energy exploration on Federal lands . But it has been established many times the the legal status of the tribal lands is autonomous rule .
    As you have shown though native sovereignty or autonomy is not always respected. The white man never met a treaty that cannot be broken, changed, or modified for profit. Watching the covid virus run through N. Dakota.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2020, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You mean like you guys do?

" In Western Australia, where mining companies make billion dollar profits exploiting Aboriginal land, the state government says it can no longer afford to “support” the homelands.Vulnerable populations, already denied the basic services most Australians take for granted, are on notice of dispossession without consultation, and eviction at gunpoint. Aboriginal leaders have warned of “a new generation of displaced people” and “cultural genocide”.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...igenous-people
    More recently

WA heritage authorities did not know traditional owners were bound by mining giants' gag orders | Indigenous Australians | The Guardian
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 10:39 AM
    What they need to do is put Hunter Biden and Chris Heinz on the tribal council . Problem solved .
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2020, 02:05 PM
    We had a decision here some years ago called MABO which set the parameters by which native title can be extinguished. WA doesn't seem to follow the principles
    Expert

Nov 30, 2020, 07:37 AM
    I thought your country had laws that prevented public corruption? You have to admit you guys are looking as feckless and incompetent as you have said we are.

I have no doubt you will address these issues that have popped up in your country in the appropriate timely manner as you have other challenges despite being caught off guard.

You have before.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2020, 08:04 AM
    you guys are looking as feckless and incompetent as you have said we are.
    Yep. Just about right.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2020, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I thought your country had laws that prevented public corruption? You have to admit you guys are looking as feckless and incompetent as you have said we are.

No law prevents public corruption, but it is prosecuted with rigour when uncovered but we are not incompetent in that prosecution. Appearances are deceiving because all you have is what is reported in the media
    Expert

Nov 30, 2020, 03:26 PM
    I have no doubt you will address these issues that have popped up in your country in the appropriate timely manner as you have other challenges despite being caught off guard.

You have before.
    Love you Clete, but I hate it when people nit pick my words and dismiss the rest. So unfair!
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2020, 07:59 PM
    Love you Clete, but I hate it when people nit pick my words and dismiss the rest. So unfair!
    Don't know what you are saying Tal, appearances are deceiving as I'm sure you have observed locally. Hope you are avoiding CV19 in Texas, media suggests it is bad there. We tend to be teflon coated so it all slides off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My unit is 7 year old and its train , problem is cond fan is running, and calling for [ 1 Answers ]

My unit is 7 year old and its train , problem is cond fan is running, and calling for comp to start contacter is fully engauge, and have brand new capciter too. Sucction pressure or return is very high, and dischsrge pressure is 0. Help me to find a prob. Thanks Nick

Turkey Gravy [ 1 Answers ]

Regarding turkey gravy; It state to "Blend 3 tablespoons flour into 3 tablespoons turkey drippings". I don't have any flour, can I use corn meal mix instead?

Tomato gravy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone tell me how to make tomato gravy, hubby wants some & mine didn't turn out like his moms,I thought you sliced & floured the tomato then fried it nope boy what a disaster that was, any help would be appreciated. Thanks mamapiglet (Brenda)

Making Gravy [ 2 Answers ]

How to make the best gravy?

View more questions Search