Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 12:34 PM
    It Had To Be Seen To Be Believed
    The Giuliani/Powell press conference yesterday was the most bizarre press conference in the history of the US.

From a forehead dripping with black hair dye and streaming down his face, things just got bizarre-er and bizarre-er as only FOX-News ran it the entire 90 minutes without interruption. The mainstream media quickly dropped it as it became nuttier and nuttier.

Sydney Powells' weird charges of "Communistic" (sic) influence stemming from Hugo Chavez (Chavez died 6 years ago!) to even weirder presidential vote tallies being counted in servers in Germany and Spain (servers now conveniently disappeared) and culminating by Giuliani admitting he had no evidence "at this time" because (hold on to your hat) the press conference was like an opening statement in a courtroom trial. The evidence comes later.

Therefore, Rudy concluded, the election has to be discarded because gathering the evidence cannot be finished by the date of certification or when the electors vote. (Yes, he really said that, or something very like it).

For skeptics, I've linked the Washington Post fact checker below for more details of this presser as Giuliani and Powell sink deeper and deeper into a morass of their own devising.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0c1d6a2cddf50a
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 12:54 PM
    certainly an event to be ignored
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 12:58 PM
    (Yes, he really said that, or something very like it).
    Nothing like a really definitive statement. Either he really said it, or he said something like it, but both are not true.

The Giuliani/Powell press conference yesterday was the most bizarre press conference in the history of the US.
    You've seen all of them? Wow.

The courts will sort all of this out.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 01:01 PM
    for the record . I put no credence to so called fact checkers "facts " ;especially from the Compost .

They do not have to present their evidence to the public. They are going to make their case to the judiciary .

Time is running out . Once states start certifying results then at best they are presenting evidence for electoral reform .
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    they are presenting evidence for electoral reform .
    Yes there would certainly seem to be need to that
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    for the record . I put no credence to so called fact checkers "facts " ;especially from the Compost .
    Then you will remain ignorant. That is the usual condition of Trump supporters.

They do not have to present their evidence to the public.
    Then what was the point of their press conference? To look foolish?

They are going to make their case to the judiciary
    They tried that. At last count, they are 0 and 20.

Time is running out . Once states start certifying results then at best they are presenting evidence for electoral reform .
    They don't have a clue what they're doing. For his idiocy, Rudy is billing Trump $20,000 a day. Not a chance in hell Trump will pay it. What he WILL do is charge it against his campaign expense - those monies donated by his followers for campaign expenses, NOT for Trump's legal expenses. Some people never learn. Trump calls them "SUCKERS".
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    They don't have a clue what they're doing. For his idiocy, Rudy is billing Trump $20,000 a day. Not a chance in hell Trump will pay it. What he WILL do is charge it against his campaign expense - those monies donated by his followers for campaign expenses, NOT for Trump's personal legal expenses. Some people never learn. Trump calls them "SUCKERS".
    That must be why I'm getting calls from Republican (???) telemarketers to donate money in order to defray Trump's campaign expenses.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 01:56 PM
    Hopefully this clown show from RNC HQ is the winding down of this sham/farce/hustle. The dufus withdrew his Michigan lawsuits, and is focused on Michigan GOP lawmakers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...votes-n1248254

We should all be mindful of the shock and trauma associated with DWS...dufus withdrawal symptom and be especially sympathetic to its sufferers.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    We should all be mindful of the shock and trauma associated with DWS...dufus withdrawal symptom and be especially sympathetic to its sufferers.
    That's what Dr. Phil is about today, in particular getting through the holidays with family members who don't agree politically.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 03:27 PM
    there is one solution don't visit and avoid CV19
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    there is one solution don't visit and avoid CV19
    Yes, use Skype or Zoom or other meeting rooms to chat with family members who are each at their own homes, munching on turkey legs and stuffing and broccoli and buttered rolls.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Yes, use Skype or Zoom or other meeting rooms to chat with family members who are each at their own homes, munching on turkey legs and stuffing and broccoli and buttered rolls.
    Hold the broccoli.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 04:16 PM
    Rudy is billing Trump $20,000 a day.
    Strictly rumor mill stuff, sadly presented here as truth.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Hold the broccoli.
    No, more broccoli with white sauce

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    he's a cheap lawyer, no wonder trump is losing. Rudi has covid, can he charge in isolation?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 06:10 PM
    Multiple sources say it's true.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 06:52 PM
    What are their names?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 07:06 PM
    What are their names?
    Tim, Sarah, Molly, Fred, Pete, and Rachel.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 07:57 PM
    Sure they are. Those unnamed sources have never made much impact on me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 08:14 PM
    Sure they are. Those unnamed sources have never made much impact on me.
    WH aides and several staff who asked to be nameless.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 08:54 PM
    The ultimate in plausible deniability.

If Athos wants to post that info, then fine, but posting it as though it is anything more than a great big "maybe" is what I object to. It is pure speculation spurred on by the ever famous Unnamed Source.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it generally believed that there will always be conflict in the U.S. healthcar [ 3 Answers ]

Why is it generally believed that there will always be conflict in the U.S. healthcare? (atleast 5 sentence answer)

No One Believed Me ? [ 5 Answers ]

------------------------------ No One Believed Me - 1 - The Bigger Picture - Your Life - MSN Lifestyle Four Sacramento County Sheriff's cars pulled up in front of David Woods's house. He tried to explain to them what happened. But the lead deputy cut him off: "Yeah, that's fine. Put your hands...

Who was a scientist from england ,that believed that there was life on mars [ 1 Answers ]

A scientist from england,that believed there was life on mars and had a theory about the ozone layer.

Once believed in God - but you no longer do? [ 56 Answers ]

Hi everyone, For those of you who once did believe in Our Heveanly Father, God, but no longer do, would it be okay if I asked you to share, why? What was the turning point? I ask this, as I am most curious and have often wondered why or what happened. Was it gradual? Please know, I do...

View more questions Search