Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dm1415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Jackhammer noise after flush?
    I am hearing a jack hammer noise every time I flush a certain toilet in my house. It seems all the pipes are shaking. I do not hear this sound when I flush other toilets in the house. Please advise.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2007, 05:23 AM
    The fill valve needs to be replaced. I use the fluidmaster 400. You may need a flapper too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush causes bubbling noise in tub [ 12 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, I hear bubbling in the tub drain. No water comes up the tub drain, but I hear bubbling. WHAT IS THIS?? Could this predict a future backup or something? ;)

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

Post flush noise [ 3 Answers ]

About 20 seconds after flushing one of my upstairs toilets the pipes make a rumbleing noise. The toilet flushes OK and no problems with any of the other toilets in the house, and its always about 20 seconds after flushing. Any ideas? Karen:confused:

Train noise after flush [ 2 Answers ]

After the water is turned off (like a shower) or the toilet is flushed a load vibration noise comes from the "pipes". It sound like a train is coming... for about 5-10 seconds. I have tried turning on all the water at every location to get any air out of the line, but this has not helped. What...

View more questions Search