Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2020, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I would agree that the Taliban cannot be eliminated or pacified, but they can certainly be subjected to attrition, and they can be forced to exist in a state of confusion and fear brought on by the actions of our, and other, militaries. There has not been another 9/11 for about 20 years, and our actions in Afghanistan have something to do with that, so I call it a win.
    You have just described a war crime, inflicting attrition on a population without being able to identify the enemy, obviously Vietnam taught you nothing. There has not been another 9/11 because Al Qaeda has been defeated and was years ago, and you haven't won, you have just eliminated one threat. You have a mindset, the mindset that anything you country does is essentially good but it isn't true. Your response in Afghanistan was not a proportional response, your attack in Iraq was not a proportional response, they were the actions of a superpower who acted out of their own special interests and wholesale paranoia. We had the same mindset as you do and it has been found to be false
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2020, 05:23 AM
    You have just described a war crime.
    Unfortunately, you somehow misread my very plainly worded statement. I clearly was speaking of the Taliban, and not a general population. And if you are trying to liken our experience in Afghanistan to our experience in Vietnam, then possibly you don't know enough about one, the other, or both.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 24, 2020, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You have just described a war crime, inflicting attrition on a population without being able to identify the enemy, obviously Vietnam taught you nothing. There has not been another 9/11 because Al Qaeda has been defeated and was years ago, and you haven't won, you have just eliminated one threat. You have a mindset, the mindset that anything you country does is essentially good but it isn't true. Your response in Afghanistan was not a proportional response, your attack in Iraq was not a proportional response, they were the actions of a superpower who acted out of their own special interests and wholesale paranoia. We had the same mindset as you do and it has been found to be false
    Yet there you are sharing yet another military encounter with us.
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2020, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Yet there you are sharing yet another military encounter with us.
    Yes it is hard to find anywhere to practice these days in company and we all need to try out new weapons and use up old ones
    Expert

Nov 24, 2020, 02:41 PM
    You could always practice with you're neighbors or deal with your unprofessionals. Ain't you guys got laws for atrocities?
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2020, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You could always practice with you're neighbors or deal with your unprofessionals. Ain't you guys got laws for atrocities?
    Oh yes indeed we do, we just stripped the citizenship off a terrorist and while we don't usually have to deal with war crimes committed by our military, they will suffer justice without exception or excuse
    Expert

Nov 26, 2020, 05:54 PM
    Stuff happens and you just have to deal with it. Can't knock you for that.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2020, 06:21 PM
    yes tal a lot of unnecessary stuff happens
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2020, 03:04 PM
    In a press conference on Monday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison strongly condemned a “falsified” and “repugnant” image of an Australian soldier posted online by Chinese diplomat Zhao Lijian. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports that the image, which depicts a soldier carrying out an act of violence against a child, was created by an artist who “often makes politically-charged statements”, and was shared on social media in China. Foreign Ministry Spokesperson, Hua Chunying, responded to Morrison’s request for an apology by saying the alleged crimes committed by Australian soldiers in Afghanistan are “shocking and hair-raising.” The incident comes weeks after an inquiry into the alleged conduct of Australian special forces in Afghanistan found war crimes were committed.

Australia demands China apologise for posting 'repugnant' fake image - BBC News
    Expert

Dec 14, 2020, 04:07 PM
    How about that? Fake news from China.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2020, 04:42 PM
    Unfortunately the news from China isn't all fake, China has initiated a trade war with Australia and I'll bet our so called allies will take advantage of this and jump into supplying what were our markets led of course by our fair weather friend, the US of A."the Usury States of Amnesia "you do realise that we are now on the front line of your trade war with China. No matter we will find other markets for our products, they demand a premium in the world

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...e6467e4f9ded10
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2020, 04:57 PM
    the US of A."the Usury States of Amnesia "
    Every time you make a foolish comment like that, it makes me more and more inclined to tell the Aussies to learn how to speak Chinese. You need to remember that we absolutely owe you guys nothing.
    Expert

Dec 14, 2020, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Unfortunately the news from China isn't all fake, China has initiated a trade war with Australia and I'll bet our so called allies will take advantage of this and jump into supplying what were our markets led of course by our fair weather friend, the US of A."the Usury States of Amnesia "you do realise that we are now on the front line of your trade war with China. No matter we will find other markets for our products, they demand a premium in the world

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...e6467e4f9ded10
    Don't panic, the dufus has been evicted and we just have to let the process play out. Cleaning up his mess will take longer. Let China beetch.

Every time you make a foolish comment like that, it makes me more and more inclined to tell the Aussies to learn how to speak Chinese. You need to remember that we absolutely owe you guys nothing.
    We owe our allies the dignity of commitment to the alliances and relationships we have formed as they do us. Beetching and throwing shade PUBLICLY to please his base and look like a tough guy ain't the way to go for a POTUS. That's but one reason he was booted from office.
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2020, 05:51 PM
    TDS. terrible disease.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2020, 06:05 PM
    xič xič
    Unlike you I have been to China. The Chinese people are ok but just like yours their government can be obnoxious
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2020, 05:04 AM
    Still blaming US for your vassal status with China Clete.

Don't panic, the dufus has been evicted and we just have to let the process play out. Cleaning up his mess will take longer. Let China beetch.
    China aint Beetching .Xi is the man of the year for installing Quid into the White House .
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2020, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Still blaming US for your vassal status with China Clete.

China aint Beetching .Xi is the man of the year for installing Quid into the White House .
    We don't do as much business with them as you do, most of our trade is export, most of yours is import, speaking of vassals, but what is the use
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2020, 07:30 AM
    We could survive without their imports and have already expanded our supply chain to other nations . We could easily survive without Chinese imports .Yours has been too dependent on China ;and because of that you have always been vulnerable to blowback by China. China is going to do the same thing ;diversify their supply chain. Much of your exports are replaceable . So they can use trade to put political pressure on you. They are doing the same to Canada and the UK so you are not alone .

Uber Member

Dec 15, 2020, 08:35 AM
    I never can quite get by this. People insult the United States daily, but when trouble appears, the question is, "What will you do to help us?"
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2020, 12:51 PM
    I never can quite get by this. People insult the United States daily, but when trouble appears, the question is, "What will you do to help us?"
    we don't expect you to help us, as we have observed previously, you are opportunist and will help yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the likely punishment for these crimes? [ 3 Answers ]

If you have read any of my questions then you will see that my ex-husband is a complete deadbeat. Anyway, I knew it was only a matter of time before he really screwed up and sure enough he did. This past weekend he stole a car from some girl's house and then totalled it into a ditch. He then fled...

Customs crimes [ 1 Answers ]

I want to sent a laptop as a gift to my sister in india, is it possible? Will I have to pay any duty if it came across airport customs? Kindly help...

Natural crimes and legal crimes [ 1 Answers ]

Compare and contrast the concepts of natural crime and legal crime

War crimes, amongst others [ 77 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a law and order fellow. I suppose that sounds surprising to some of you, but I believe in the rule of law. Any RIGHTY will tell you that the reason we hold people accountable for their actions, is not only to punish them, but to send a signal that illegal behavior isn't...

Which crimes keep you out of usa [ 3 Answers ]

Are there certain crimes that would prevent a person entering USA? For instance child sex offences?

View more questions Search