Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2020, 06:41 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone this morning. We certainly have much to be thankful for.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2020, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    In the meantime, you have the sterling displays of Covid character from the Calif. gov and the Denver mayor to "boast" of. Both dems, I might add. As to the rest, we'll see whether you choose to fit into the "cult of sycophants and butt kissers" yourself. When your "ole Joe" starts to mess up, as he will, then your response will be interesting.
    Such actions by elected leaders is despicable and to much like repubs who I have railed against. Yes it will be interesting to see if Joe can toe the line with consistent discipline and empathy and good orderly direction when he actually takes office.

Have a happy safe holiday everyone and yes we should all be grateful despite the situation as it is.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2020, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    . Yes it will be interesting to see if Joe can toe the line with consistent discipline and empathy and good orderly direction when he actually takes office.

already you are expressing doubts of the ability of your beloved leader and he hasn't even struck the first blow
    Expert

Nov 26, 2020, 05:52 PM
    I'm a realist and don't put humans on pedestals nor ignore the enormity of the challenge we face or the dufus screwing stuff up in his final days.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2020, 08:21 PM
    Trump has said he will accept the electoral college vote so just the formalities and it is over, but Trump might withdraw all american troops from Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, and anywhere else their presence is no longer welcome. I wonder what traps he has lain for the unwary
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2020, 08:42 PM
    "In his long list of harmful decisions to address, President-elect Biden
    should start by restoring Utah’s Bears Ears and Grand-Staircase national monuments — eviscerated and reduced by 85 and 50 percent respectively at the behest of extraction-obsessed Utah politicians. He’ll need to reinstate protections for Alaska’s long-held-inviolate Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (opened to leasing and drilling) and the irreplaceable Tongass old-growth temperate rainforest (released to logging). The new president will have to once again close marine sanctuaries to commercial fishing."
    https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-e...r-public-lands
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2020, 08:55 PM
    "In his long list of harmful decisions to address, President-elect Biden
    should start by restoring Utah’s Bears Ears and Grand-Staircase national monuments — eviscerated and reduced by 85 and 50 percent respectively at the behest of extraction-obsessed Utah politicians. He’ll need to reinstate protections for Alaska’s long-held-inviolate Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (opened to leasing and drilling) and the irreplaceable Tongass old-growth temperate rainforest (released to logging). The new president will have to once again close marine sanctuaries to commercial fishing."
    https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-e...r-public-lands
    Who did this statement originate with?
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2020, 05:56 AM
    sounds like Biden will destroy livlihoods
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2020, 06:07 AM
    He’ll need to reinstate protections for Alaska’s long-held-inviolate Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (opened to leasing and drilling) and the irreplaceable Tongass old-growth temperate rainforest (released to logging).
    A definite over-reaction. Drilling on Alaska's North Slope has clearly shown that oil and gas production can nicely coexist with protecting wilderness areas. The amount of land affected is so relatively small that it is negligible. As to the Tongass, the directive is not going to result in stripping the Tongass of all old-growth wood. The directive actually involved the building of logging roads and not the harvesting of timber. The amount of wood cut, which has been going on for decades, is not anticipated to increase. "Even though 9.2 million acres of inventoried roadless areas would be freed from the roadless rule, only 185,000 acres would be added to the areas that may be considered for timber harvest, the Forest Service said.Overall harvest projections remain at 17,000 acres of old growth and 11,800 acres of young growth over the next 100 years, levels envisioned in the 2016 Tongass land management plan.
    "The proposed rule does not change the projected timber sale quantity or timber demand projections set out in the Tongass Forest Plan," the Forest Service said in the documents. "The alternatives examine different mixes of land areas and timber restrictions that would incrementally increase management flexibility for how the forest plan's timber harvest goals can be achieved, but does not fundamentally alter the plan's underlying goals or projected outcomes."
    The Forest Service also said it's not changing its most recent conclusion that an annual harvest of 45 million board feet of timber from the Tongass is "reasonable, conservative, and based on the best available information."

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1061400273
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2020, 06:35 PM
    yes there is much misinformation on environment issues, the green lobby doesn't want a tree cut, a mine, or a well anywhere
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2020, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    yes there is much misinformation on environment issues, the green lobby doesn't want a tree cut, a mine, or a well anywhere
    I've been to many national parks and public lands in our beautiful western states and don't want oil rigs and big trucks and fracking between and among the breathtaking arches and spires and in the canyons have moved in.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2020, 09:29 PM
    I've been to many national parks and public lands in our beautiful western states and don't want oil rigs and big trucks and fracking between and among the breathtaking arches and spires and in the canyons have moved in.
    I'll bet you've never been to Tangass or ANWR. Very few people have. Managing national resources doesn't mean you never cut a tree down or bore a hole. It means exercising common sense so that those lands adequately serve a number of purposes.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2020, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Managing national resources doesn't mean you never cut a tree down or bore a hole. It means exercising common sense so that those lands adequately serve a number of purposes.
    Managing natural resources doesn't mean cutting them down and drilling them out, meanwhile despoiling the land. Have you ever been to Bryce or Zion or the Grand Canyon? (I can hear you now, "Oh, look at this enormous hole -- perfect as a landfill!")
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2020, 10:40 AM
    Managing natural resources doesn't mean cutting them down and drilling them out,
    Of course it does. National forest are logged frequently. One of the problems we are having in the west is the forests that are never logged end up with a lot of dead wood either standing or on the ground, and burn like a furnace when fires start. It is actually good for forests to manage them properly. And if there is oil or gas under fed land, why on earth would we not get it? It is done with very little disruption to the landscape. It is certainly much less disruptive that those windmills and solar panel farms that are being put up. Are you against those as well?

It is just your kind of waayyyy over the top environmentalism that we need to avoid like the plague.

Have you ever been to Bryce or Zion or the Grand Canyon? (I can hear you now, "Oh, look at this enormous hole -- perfect as a landfill!")
    No one is suggesting we log the GC. It is national forests that are primarily in discussion. Are you getting your arguments from AOC?

The last time you went to the North Slope of Alaska, did you notice the oil wells and pipelines???
    Expert

Nov 28, 2020, 11:43 AM
    Let's be practical and examine the real time market forces on drilling the North Slope, starting with this

Alaska Ballot Measure 1, North Slope Oil Production Tax Increase Initiative (2020) - Ballotpedia

and considering the market forces that stopped the drilling in the first place.

Alaska Journal | ConocoPhillips to resume drilling in December

The price for Alaska North Slope crude averaged $16.55 per barrel in April, according to the state Revenue Department. Oil prices have rebounded since and are generally stable in the $40 per barrel range .
    As noted in the article the dufus drill baby drill policy may not be the policy going forward, since the dufus got booted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump - "Unfit To Clean Toilets", USA TODAY'S Editorial [ 44 Answers ]

Writing about President Trump's sexually suggestive statement that Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) “would do anything” for campaign contributions, USA Today declared that “a president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama...

Trump's Recent Tweet [ 75 Answers ]

Trump tweeted that "millions voted illegally". Then why is Trump against the recount?

Tweet [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I admit, I don't tweet.. What am I missing? excon

To tweet or not to tweet? Or are we all just twits? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I need someone to explain Twitter to me. I don't think I get it. I have about 130 people (twits?) "following" me on Twitter and I've never tweeted! As I understand Twitter, you use a computer, phone or other web enabled device to send tweets. Then somehow the people following you will get...

View more questions Search