Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2020, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Just because something isn't specifically mentioned doesn't invalidate the argument, In Revelation huge fires are mentioned and the dying, what does 666 mean if not the impact of man. I think you should read it for yourself, because you have already quoted one verse out of context and are obviously sucked into the opinions of one person. Remember you believe it is a code, what is a code but veiled references

Jesus millenial reign is a time of peace
    I've studied Revelation in college and with several different pastors and lay teachers. I am a preterist.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2020, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Yes, there are more of us. Interesting you should ask about banners! I just bought about ten yards of plain cotton-polyester that I plan to cut and dye. Any special design(s) you want on them?
    How about 12-12-12 in big numbers? That would be code for doubling down on 666. The fundies will love it.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2020, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Not in the sense she's using it. It would be more like a letter written by one spy to another where certain words have specific meanings known only to them. It's really a shame her pastor told her that, but I suppose she has never checked it out for herself.
    yes some people believe the Davinci Code too doesn't make it true
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2020, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    yes some people believe the Davinci Code too doesn't make it true
    What??? It's not true???
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2020, 08:33 PM
    Very true. Speaking of Clete's DvC comment.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 05:37 PM
    yes some people will believe anything, they even believe the Quoran
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 06:56 PM
    I don’t have much trouble with different ideas as long as the person can give some rational reason for believing them. Now why we should believe Revelation is written in code?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2020, 07:04 PM
    Now why we should believe Revelation is written in code?
    Since Christians were being persecuted by Rome at the time, John coded it so that only those familiar with Jewish history would make the connection.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 07:59 PM
    I understand that is your contention. Now what evidence is there of that? Did, for instance, any of the early church fathers mention that idea?
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2020, 08:02 PM
    John was imprisoned on an island, why did he need a code to record his visions. The exposition on the seven churches is not a code unless he was speaking of the great falling away we see today, every church going its own way
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2020, 08:53 PM
    So far we have John writing about the church in Nero's time, but after Nero's death, prophesying abut events which had already taken place, and writing in a code which no one knows and for which there is no evidence. So you can see why there exists some skepticism?
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2020, 05:24 AM
    some skepticism?
    What we have here is taking some prophesies of Jesus which were fulfilled and turning it into an excuse to say the prophesies of John referred to the same events and have been fulfilled, and what does this mean? It means we are now licensed to do whatever
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2020, 05:47 AM
    I'm not even sure we have that. "I've studied Revelation in college and with several different pastors and lay teachers." Well, OK, but can that person explain why she believes that Revelation is code, or why she believes the prophesies of Revelation have all been fulfilled?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2020, 11:19 AM
    I'm not even sure we have that. "I've studied Revelation in college and with several different pastors and lay teachers." Well, OK, but can that person explain why she believes that Revelation is code, or why she believes the prophesies of Revelation have all been fulfilled?
    She did already in this thread.

Revelation almost didn't make the cut. It is one of the most controversial, complicated, and esoteric books in the New Testament canon. Chiliasm (the belief that Christ will return to earth in visible form and establish a kingdom to last 1000 years, after which the world will come to an end) was part of the controversy.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2020, 11:22 AM
    Oh? What post was that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2020, 11:31 AM
    Oh? What post was that?
    Surely you jest.

When you were gnashing your teeth, I added more to my post #94.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2020, 11:35 AM
    Forget it. Everything has to be a joke to you. If you posted evidence, you would simply say, "Post xx". You haven't, and so you can't. You haven't because you don't have any. So until you can, find someone else to be evasive with.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2020, 11:41 AM
    Forget it. Everything has to be a joke to you. If you posted evidence, you would simply say, "Post xx". You haven't, and so you can't. You haven't because you don't have any. So until you can, find someone else to be evasive with.
    If you stopped with the nastiness and insults, I'd be more than glad to comply. And if you took the time to wander back in this thread just a bit, you'd see my post that you're crabbing about.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2020, 11:44 AM
    Sure you would. Sure I would. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2020, 11:46 AM
    Sure you would. Sure I would. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
    Read up on chiliasm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump - "Unfit To Clean Toilets", USA TODAY'S Editorial [ 44 Answers ]

Writing about President Trump's sexually suggestive statement that Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) “would do anything” for campaign contributions, USA Today declared that “a president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama...

Trump's Recent Tweet [ 75 Answers ]

Trump tweeted that "millions voted illegally". Then why is Trump against the recount?

Tweet [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I admit, I don't tweet.. What am I missing? excon

To tweet or not to tweet? Or are we all just twits? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I need someone to explain Twitter to me. I don't think I get it. I have about 130 people (twits?) "following" me on Twitter and I've never tweeted! As I understand Twitter, you use a computer, phone or other web enabled device to send tweets. Then somehow the people following you will get...

View more questions Search