Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2020, 07:51 PM
    Anyone who thinks the economy does not affect lives is completely stupid.
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2020, 08:11 PM
    And it begins. Pa gov mandates wearing masks, even in your own home.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pa-gov-an...-in-your-house
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2020, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Anyone who thinks the economy does not affect lives is completely stupid.
    It is a matter of priorities, lives before the economy, not the economy before lives, if you die from disease the economy is no use to you, this is among many truths that are self evident, and yet they elude many, or maybe just one
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2020, 09:17 PM
    Dr. Scott Atlas, a top White House coronavirus adviser, said Monday that Americans should flout public health guidance and gather as normal for the holidays as this may be “the final Thanksgiving” for many.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2020, 10:39 PM
    why do you quote idiots? taking his advice would be a self fulfilling prophecy. No doubt this is the same idiot who has been advising Trump
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2020, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    why do you quote idiots? taking his advice would be a self fulfilling prophecy. No doubt this is the same idiot who has been advising Trump
    Scott Atlas is a madman who is leading people to their death. In addition to appearing on the Kremlin TV network, he has Trump's ear who does what Atlas tells him to do.

He needs to be exposed as he spews lies from the White House and endangers the American public. Atlas is one of the strangest figures to emerge from the Trump totally ineffective attempt at governance. Trump's Rasputin.
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2020, 05:28 AM
    It is a matter of priorities, lives before the economy, not the economy before lives,
    But destroying the economy will, in the long run, cost more lives than the pandemic. It is a balancing act. Check out Venezuela if you want evidence for that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2020, 05:44 AM
    The virus is destroying the economy and wrecking lives, so makes sense to deal with the virus and save lives AND the economy.
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2020, 05:48 AM
    The virus is destroying the economy and wrecking lives
    I don't think the virus is destroying the economy as much as our response to the virus could do so. You can't just shut down everything unless you want everyone to starve, so obviously it's a balancing of priorities. For the five hundredth time, if you look at Europe, where they have been much stricter than us, they are also in the midst of a severe spike. How do you explain that?
    Expert

Nov 18, 2020, 06:06 AM
    Better management! Their spikes are not nearly as immense as ours. Nobody's is. Stop listening to the dufus and the right wing noise machine and read this...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/travel/tri...ly/ar-BB1b6YzI

It's our response led by the dufus and repubs that is spreading the virus AND destroying the economy.
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2020, 06:39 AM
    Better management! Their spikes are not nearly as immense as ours. Nobody's is. Stop listening to the dufus and the right wing noise machine and read this...
    Yes they are. I don't listen to Trump just like I don't listen to Biden. They are both unreliable. And I tend to not listen to you because, IN YOUR OWN LINK, it shows your contention about Europe to be wrong. Didn't you read this??? "France surpasses 2 million coronavirus cases, 4th highest in world,." How do you explain that? That are far stricter than we are, and yet they are experiencing a severe spike. How do you explain that????? Or are you so intent on listening to the left wing "noise machine" that you have lost the ability to think for yourself? That's what Is so aggravating about people on this board. You read something which flatly contradicts what you believe, and instead of responding to it honestly, you just blow it off and move on. So again, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT?????????????

Merkel warns of winter long haul as German COVID deaths soar

https://www.metro.us/merkel-warns-of-winter/
    Expert

Nov 18, 2020, 06:58 AM
    It's the nature of the virus dude, the more human activity the greater the spike and everybody is worn out. Who wants to be locked down? Nobody, but it's the only tool we have to mitigate the spread. That's evidence based and applies everywhere and either place restrictions or spread sickness and death.

I actually think you had the best solution, cut everybody a personal check to stay home and weather the storm until we have a better solution. You get my vote! 8D

I can't believe I just said that! 8O!
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2020, 08:20 AM
    It's the nature of the virus dude,
    That's what you say now that your contention ("Their spikes are not nearly as immense as ours. Nobody's is.") has been shown to be a false bit of fake news.

I actually think you had the best solution, cut everybody a personal check to stay home and weather the storm until we have a better solution. You get my vote! 8D
    First of all, I have never suggested that. Secondly, it's a terrible idea to spend money we don't have. We need to continue to weather the storm. I don't know of anything else to do. The Europeans tried the extreme measures you seem to prefer and it has not worked. Lastly, if you will vote for me, then I'll vote for you. We might kill each other, but I have no doubt we could do better that most of what I see.
    Expert

Nov 18, 2020, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's what you say now that your contention ("Their spikes are not nearly as immense as ours. Nobody's is.") has been shown to be a false bit of fake news.
    WRONG! Or just show me who in the world has more than 100,000 new infections or more than a thousand deaths...a day

First of all, I have never suggested that. Secondly, it's a terrible idea to spend money we don't have. We need to continue to weather the storm. I don't know of anything else to do. The Europeans tried the extreme measures you seem to prefer and it has not worked. Lastly, if you will vote for me, then I'll vote for you. We might kill each other, but I have no doubt we could do better that most of what I see.
    Sure you did, and said it would save money over the way those relief packages were structured. Leave it to you to forget a good idea we agree on. Yes the Europeans did the lockdown thing like most everybody else, and like everybody else when they came out the virus was waiting for them. INEVITABLE and PREDICTABLE.

To continue to weather the storm, we have to secure the needs of those that must hunker down, and stop the nuts from NOT hunkering down. Sick people can't work and dead folks can't either so what's your better idea to weather the storm?

I doubt either of us old coots could kill each other without plenty of oxygen tanks handy. What, you think I'll have a heart attack before you do?
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2020, 09:10 AM
    WRONG! Or just show me who in the world has more than 100,000 new infections or more than a thousand deaths...a day
    I showed you from your own article. I have no idea what else to do. 2 million infections in France, a country many times smaller than us. What else do you want???

Sure you did, and said it would save money over the way those relief packages were structured
    I did indeed say that to illustrate the stupidity of our government, but I NEVER suggested we do that. NEVER. It's a terrible idea.

Sick people can't work and dead folks can't either so what's your better idea to weather the storm?
    Non working people cannot pay taxes to pay for all of these ideas, so where do you think the money will come from?

I doubt either of us old coots could kill each other without plenty of oxygen tanks handy. What, you think I'll have a heart attack before you do?
    I will admit that it would be close. Very close. The oxygen would indeed be helpful. I would still think that you could be dangerous if I riled you up too much!
    Expert

Nov 18, 2020, 09:23 AM
    Still waiting for YOUR solution. If you got one.
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2020, 09:49 AM
    Still waiting for YOUR solution. If you got one.
    Tough question. I don't know of a good answer. Trying to protect both the economy and the nation's health is a difficult undertaking. I think we will have to emphasize masks and social distancing probably more than we have, and probably work harder on protecting the over 60 crowd which is where the real risk seems to be. "In fact, through November 12, 92 percent of COVID-19 deaths nationwide have occurred among those ages 55 or older. Only 0.2 percent were younger than 25." I might add that looking at those 65 and older would be wise since they are about 80% of the deaths. Young people have little to worry about, so it makes no sense at all to force them to stay at home. Getting a vaccine asap, as Trump has basically done, is the only real answer.

https://www.heritage.org/data-visual...deaths-by-age/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2020, 09:52 AM
    Maybe the coronavirus is Mother Nature's way of culling Earth's human herd and returning humanity to an Adam and Eve duo. Then they can kick-start a new human population.
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2020, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Maybe the coronavirus is Mother Nature's way of culling Earth's human herd and returning humanity to an Adam and Eve duo. Then they can kick-start a new human population.
    Have you abandoned the thought that this is part of the judgements of Revelation, in this case, pestilence? Forget nature, how many instances of pestilence have arisen in the last century. The purpose is not to kick start the human population again, that has been tried once, and now we see the result, the second round not being any better than the first, abominations abound. If there is a fresh start creation will take a different path
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2020, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Have you abandoned the thought that this is part of the judgements of Revelation, in this case, pestilence?
    Revelation was written for those suffering under Nero. Yes, there can be extrapolations into the modern age, but be careful with that.
    abominations abound. If there is a fresh start creation will take a different path
    Well, Mother Nature is doing a pretty great job getting rid of us with pestilences of various sorts, hurricanes, huge forest fires, floods from melting glaciers, et al.

(P.S. My post above about a new Adam and Eve was tongue in cheek.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump - "Unfit To Clean Toilets", USA TODAY'S Editorial [ 44 Answers ]

Writing about President Trump's sexually suggestive statement that Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) “would do anything” for campaign contributions, USA Today declared that “a president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama...

Trump's Recent Tweet [ 75 Answers ]

Trump tweeted that "millions voted illegally". Then why is Trump against the recount?

Tweet [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I admit, I don't tweet.. What am I missing? excon

To tweet or not to tweet? Or are we all just twits? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I need someone to explain Twitter to me. I don't think I get it. I have about 130 people (twits?) "following" me on Twitter and I've never tweeted! As I understand Twitter, you use a computer, phone or other web enabled device to send tweets. Then somehow the people following you will get...

View more questions Search