Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeh8776 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2020, 09:58 AM
    AC/Heat pump problem
    My 4 ton year old heat pump unit delayed 25 minutes before coming on this morning. The unit heated until thermostat setting was reached, then stopped. However, it restarted and ran several times at short intervals while the thermostat remained at it's set value. This is the first time that I've noticed this behavior. Could this problem be related to my thermostat - it's a 10 year old Honeywell non-programmable heat pump compatible thermostat.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 16, 2020, 05:01 PM
    Sure the thermostat could be the problem and there are ways to check it depending on the model. It's a cheap and easy fix. Need a link? Provide model and number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81_gCF4mJtQ

Hope that is indeed the problem. Unfortunately there could be many other problems only a very knowledgeable person or professional could solve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump aux heat problem trane xl1400 [ 0 Answers ]

My trane xl1400 heat pump has a problem with the aux heat kicking in all the time. My professional installers have been here 2 times and can not diagnose the problem. The aux heat just wants to kick in all the time. It can be 70 degrees inside the house and 70 degrees out side the house and if I...

York Heat Pump - Airhandler problem [ 1 Answers ]

It is with the heater on a 14 year old system. I can see the heating coils light up and in a few seconds the fan comes on and cools the heater coils then the fan goes off and it repeats this cycle. The outdoor unit does not come on during this process. Used to be able to reset the unit by...

Problem with compressor on Goodman SSZ14 Heat Pump [ 4 Answers ]

In April, I had two 3.5 ton Goodman SSZ14 heat pumps installed. From the begenning, periodically the compressor fails to start and the inside circulator only blows room temperature air. The installer and the supplier have been here several times and have done the following: added a hard start to...

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

Heat Pump compressor fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1000 heat pump manuf. In 2002. Yesterday, the A/C started having a problem, I checked the units inside and out and found the compressor fan not operating. The outside unit was hot and louder than usual. I turned it off overnight and this morning turned it on to find the fan...

View more questions Search