Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2020, 04:34 PM
    Quid violated the Logan Act
    According to Ben Rhodes ,one of the emperor's top foreign advisors; Quid has been talking to foreign leaders actively shaping his foreign policy agenda. To refresh your memory ;Michael Flynn acting in his role as incoming National Security Advisor had a conversation with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak about what the future Trump foreign policy would be re : relations with Russia . Based on that conversation ;Quid and Sally Yates expressed mock concern ;and Quid recommended that Flynn violated the Logan Act . Based on the FBI "investigation " that amounted to a perjury trap ;Flynn was charged .

Now as you know ,I believe it is a perfectly legit role that a President elect and his foreign policy advisors speak to foreign leaders about their future policy agenda. In fact I think it is critically important that an incoming administration has it's foreign policy in place and are ready to hit the ground running . It just speaks to the hypocrisy of the Dems that they would criminalize such behavior from an administration of the opposing party .

Ted Cruz confronted former FBI assistant Andrew McCabe today in Senate hearings today ,McCabe of course lied in testimony .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2020, 06:17 PM
    Just the start, you can expect he will violate other acts, it's what the President does
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2020, 05:06 AM
    The Logan act is unconstitutional .It should've been taken off the books decades ago. Until Flynn no one had ever faced seriously legal jeopardy because of alleged violations of the act .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvun...ature=emb_logo
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2020, 09:12 AM
    You wouldn't investigate a guy who failed to disclose his foreign contacts and dealings before the dufus was elected? Or lied to Pence about it later?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fly...on-ethics-form
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2020, 02:14 PM
    IF he lied to Pence (which I have doubts about since Pence based his information on what the FBI told him) then that was between the President and Flynn. If Flynn did not disclose foreign contacts then that was a slap on the wrist violation (how many times has Quid violated that ? . The reason the FBI was interested in Flynn was his call with Kislyak . The FBI agents who conducted the interview did not believe he lied to them ,There was no basis for the perjury charge against him
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2020, 04:42 PM
    Glenn Greenwald the wise liberal wrote this today :

One irony of the Flynn prosecution was that while authoritarian liberals now insist that of course lying to the FBI is and should be a crime without any other underlying crime required it has long been a steadfast view in liberal jurisprudence that it should not be a crime to lie to the FBI at all absent some underlying crime, so as to prevent the FBI from having the power to convert people into criminals through interrogations.

The seminal opinion on that was written by Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who now resides in heaven. Writing in dissent in the the 1997 case Brogan v. The United States, Justice Ginsburg insisted that federal law does not criminalize a false denial of a crime to the FBI because people have the right to try to exculpate themselves rather than comply with some non-existent duty to confess crimes to agents of the state. The then-Justice Ginsburg, now a heavenly angel, also warned of "the dubious propriety of bringing felony prosecutions for bare exculpatory denials informally made to Government agents" (two other liberal justices, Stevens and Breyer, wrote separately to warn of the dangers that "an overzealous prosecutor or investigator aware that a person has committed some suspicious acts, but unable to make a criminal case will create a crime by surprising the suspect, asking about those acts, and receiving a false denial."
    https://greenwald.substack.com/p/oba...-rhodes-admits
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2020, 05:12 PM
    Next you're going to tell me Roger Stone was set up.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2020, 06:42 PM
    isn't everyone?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid's foreign policy in a word [ 76 Answers ]

trunalimunumaprzure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPd6E6ehzOo

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Quid Pro No Show Joe ? [ 11 Answers ]

Madam Mim hinted at another Dem strategery . She says that quid should not debate Trump a gave a lame reason for him to buck a campaign tradition that is as long as the Republic 'the debate(s) ' . ...

Racist quid pro Joe being 'good ole Uncle Joe ' He just can't help himself [ 184 Answers ]

Here is when he called daughters of the Confederacy who fly the confederate flag "fine people " . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGOgBULMs6Y Democrats evidently have forgiven him for calling those confederate defenders 'fine people .' You will hear them condemn Trump a thousand times over...

How do I buy a home in Logan, Utah? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking to buy a home in Logan, Utah. I've never purchased a home before and don't know the whole process. I would like to know who the best Realtor is or guide me to the best web search.

View more questions Search