Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Letilou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2020, 11:54 AM
    8 year old not gained weight or height or shoes in a year
    Hello my 8 year old has not grown in height or weight and shoe size in nearly a year

Last year early December I took her to the doctors as she was always pale tired and dark circles under her eyes they took her weight, height and asked us to come back. On February but cause of Covid it got cancelled. She seemed a little better so I left it.
    But in the last 6 weeks or so she seems to be getting worse and complaining of back pain and feeling sick constantly.
    So I took her back in this Friday and they took her height and weight and found it’s not changed the whole time and also her feet have not grown since last august. They have taken urgent bloods and we are waiting for results on Monday.
    I am going out of my mind worried what it could be.

She was examined and he found no obvious lumps and bumps.
    Can anybody help with what this could be or have had the same thing?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 07:17 AM
    Right now the best advice anyone can offer is to allow your Doctor to be your guide. There are many reasons that medical conditions can occur. Try to not go randomly searching on the internet for diagnostics as that alone can make you crazy with unneeded worry. Unless her situation is critical of which she would be in a hospital her doctor has decided to rely on tests and as hard as it is they take time. The hardest thing for any parent is to have a sick child.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 25, 2021, 12:17 PM
    If need be, I suggest looking for a second opinion from another doctor too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Height increase after 20 year? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I increase the height as I am 20 year old.. and 21 is running... can you give some advices... my height is 5.1... can I increase it?

How many shoes should a 13 year old girl have [ 6 Answers ]

How many shoes should a 13 year old girl have because I only have like 5 pairs ?:(

Hi myself maneesh. 27 year old want to to increase my height [ 2 Answers ]

Hello , I'm 5.5 , I have read about so many grow taller product and pills on internet, can u *** suggest me any safe and useful product that increase my height 3 inches. *** help me

I have not gained weight but have gained fat in my arms... What should I do [ 6 Answers ]

I am 35years old... I do yoga 3 times a week but do not practice when I have my periods. I am 5'2'' and weigh about 64kg's. I was told by the doctor at one of the slimming centers that my bones weigh about 49kgs and 59kgs was just the right weight for me. I was 58kgs and gained about 20kgs during...

A 14 year height [ 2 Answers ]

How tall is supposed to be a 14 year old girl ?

View more questions Search