Quid's foreign policy in a word
    trunalimunumaprzure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPd6E6ehzOo
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    trunalimunumaprzure

Do you have a video of Trump mocking a paraplegic? You must have thought that was hilarious.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 02:41 PM
    are you saying Quid is disabled ? I know he learned that at the free Cunity College .

This compilation was all from one recent rally in Pa .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CltC...8OGeHI3lRJvLtk
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2020, 03:05 PM
    are you saying Quid is disabled ?
    Biden has mentioned more than once he has had a stuttering problem since childhood. Even though he has been able to overcome the worst of it, when he's tired or nervous or when his brain thinks faster than his lips and tongue can speak, he falls back into stuttering. I have a disability, my husband and son are developmentally disabled, various members of our extended family are disabled -- come to think of it, none of us is perfect!!!
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 03:33 PM
    Nobody had to make this argument for Quid when he ran for the Senate in 1972, or when he ran for president in 1988 and 2008, or when he chaired the Clarence Thomas hearings in 1990, or when he ran for vice president and debated Sarah Palin in 2008 and Paul Ryan in 2012.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2020, 03:40 PM
    Nobody had to make this argument for Quid when he ran for the Senate in 1972, or when he ran for president in 1988 and 2008, or when he chaired the Clarence Thomas hearings in 1990, or when he ran for vice president and debated Sarah Palin in 2008 and Paul Ryan in 2012.
    He spoke perfectly? No stuttering? No restating words or phrases? No stumbling?

August 2008: "Through four decades in the U.S. Senate, Joseph Biden, 65, has honed a reputation as a heavyweight on foreign policy and national security and a strong debater, if one sometimes prone to verbal gaffes."
    https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=93914952

Issaac Bailey, who has also struggled with stuttering, wrote in Nieman Reports in March 2020 that when he watched Biden squeezing his eyes during a debate, Bailey recognized that “this type of facial tic is common to stutters who have to, in a split second, decide to struggle through a speech block or quickly substitute words on the fly.”

It can look, said Bailey, “like a moment of forgetfulness—or cognitive decline when it leads to a nonsensical-sounding sentence.” Bailey concludes with “what to the untrained eye looks like evidence of cognitive decline might not be.”

Yet Trump and some journalists are making the case that such moments are evidence of Biden’s cognitive decline. Biden cannot let that false narrative continue.
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...in-lose-392611
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 04:02 PM
    mostly fabrications about his intellect and education .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 06:20 PM
    Just because he stutters doesn't mean he is he is unintelligent but it may mean other things such as poor self esteem
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Just because he stutters doesn't mean he is he is unintelligent but it may mean other things such as poor self esteem
    Overcoming stuttering is a sign of strong character.

Fundamentalism may mean other things such as poor self-esteem caused by low achievement.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2020, 07:54 PM
    mostly fabrications about his intellect and education .
    Yep, Trump in a nutshell! Fabrications about his academic successes.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

Fundamentalism may mean other things such as poor self-esteem caused by low achievement.
    Fundamentalism is the result of a clear understanding of principle and has nothing to do with either self esteem or low achievement
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 05:27 AM
    when his brain thinks faster than his lips and tongue can speak
    Yes. I'm sure that's the case. Biden's "warp-speed" mind just goes so fast that his lips and tongue can't keep up. Not sure how that explains the agonizing, lengthy pauses in his speeches where he looks completely befuddled. I guess his brain is giving his lips and tongue a little time to rest?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yes. I'm sure that's the case. Biden's "warp-speed" mind just goes so fast that his lips and tongue can't keep up. Not sure how that explains the agonizing, lengthy pauses in his speeches where he looks completely befuddled. I guess his brain is giving his lips and tongue a little time to rest?
    None of your students were stutterers? Your empathy is underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Fundamentalism is the result of a clear understanding of principle and has nothing to do with either self esteem or low achievement
    Nope! Fundamentalism is the strict, literal interpretation of text and is the product of a mind closed to any variations or other explanations.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 01:22 PM
    None of your students were stutterers? Your empathy is underwhelming.
    Stuttering is not Biden's problem. Look at videos from years past. You're just making it up as you go along now. His problem now is diminishing brain power.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 01:39 PM
    Stuttering is not Biden's problem. Look at videos from years past. You're just making it up as you go along now. His problem now is diminishing brain power.
    Nope. His speeches are powerful and nicely delivered. If anyone has diminishing brain power, it's that other guy who's running for reelection. Have you listened to his rally speeches? He'd be a comical, even pitiful, minor character in one of my short stories. Oh, and the facial expressions and body language -- woohoo!
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 01:54 PM
    His speeches are powerful and nicely delivered
    You can't have it both ways. First you say he has a major problem with stuttering, but then you say his his speeches are "powerful and nicely delivered". Powerful? What planet are you living on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CltC...8OGeHI3lRJvLtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQAbF33gFM
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 02:23 PM
    You can't have it both ways. First you say he has a major problem with stuttering, but then you say his his speeches are "powerful and nicely delivered". Powerful? What planet are you living on?
    I said (if only you would read what I post and not repost words out of context...):
    "Biden has mentioned more than once he has had a stuttering problem since childhood. Even though he has been able to overcome the worst of it, when he's tired or nervous or when his brain thinks faster than his lips and tongue can speak, he falls back into stuttering."

Now, let me find a few incoherent, baby-worded speeches by that other (overweight) guy who wears orange makeup because he thinks it makes him look healthy. Wouldn't be difficult to find but you'd never watch them...and since you refuse to google...oh, my!
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 02:44 PM
    Now, let me find a few incoherent, baby-worded speeches by that other (overweight) guy
    Go ahead. I'll wait patiently. I always do.

Your remarks about his weight bely your supposed non-hatred of Trump.

I said (if only you would read what I post and not repost words out of context...):
    "Biden has mentioned more than once he has had a stuttering problem since childhood. Even though he has been able to overcome the worst of it, when he's tired or nervous or when his brain thinks faster than his lips and tongue can speak, he falls back into stuttering."
    So how does seeing your words "in context" contradict any of my remarks?
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Fundamentalism is the strict, literal interpretation of text and is the product of a mind closed to any variations or other explanations.
    Pithy, perfect and to the point!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 03:11 PM
    Go ahead. I'll wait patiently.
    And then you whimper and complain about them. Nah, I've got more important things to do, am doing a final edit on one of my stories that I'll submit to a contest that has $$ prizes.
    Your remarks about his weight bely your supposed non-hatred of Trump.
    It's belie, not bely. And hey, we Christians don't hate. I do feel sorry about the genes he inherited and how he is his own worst enemy.
    So how does seeing your words "in context" contradict any of my remarks?
    You missed the nuance of the present perfect verb I used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama's foreign policy [ 82 Answers ]

What should we make of Obama's foreign policy? He was set to 'restore' America's standing in the world but it sure seems to me the administration's foreign policy is about as clear as mud. Foot dragging on Iran's freedom movement, snubbing the French, irritating the UK by transferring Gitmo...

And now a word from one of Ron Paul's foreign policy advisors [ 14 Answers ]

Ron Paul Campaign Announces Addition of New Policy Advisors | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET.com ... Philip Giraldi... from an essay he penned in 'The American Conservative' The Spy Who Loves Us About Israel spying on the United States... Even if Israel has stopped recruiting...

Huckabee :Foreign policy [ 4 Answers ]

When I read the Huckster's foreign policy essay at 'Foreign Affairs 'Mag. Why did I think I was reading Democrat talking points ? Foreign Affairs - America's Priorities in the War on Terror - Michael D. Huckabee On diplomatic relations with Iran :Huckabee's fantasy about negotiating...

Foreign policy [ 15 Answers ]

Why so much concern over foreign policy when it is dictated by domestic policy. So if we are unhappy with foreign policy we should analyze our domestic policy.

Inconsistent foreign policy [ 16 Answers ]

Why do we do business with China which is a communist country and refuse to do business with Cuba and pressure other nations not to do business with Cuba because it is a communist country? BTW We also give aid to communist North Korea whenever it promises not to build nuclear weapons.

View more questions Search