Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 03:42 PM
    And then you whimper and complain about them. Nah, I've got more important things to do.
    Why am I not surprised. It's what you guys always end up saying. You make a silly assertion, and then you want me to find supporting data.

It's belie, not bely
    It's an alternate spelling. Learn to use the internet.
    And hey, we Christians don't hate. I do feel sorry about the genes he inherited and how he is his own worst enemy.
    Sure.

You missed the nuance of the present perfect verb I used.
    You're becoming boring. And fake.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's an alternate spelling. Learn to use the internet.
    You trust the internet regarding spelling??? Belie = be lie.
    You're becoming boring. And fake
    Present perfect. I was an English major. Check it on your precious internet.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 03:55 PM
    You trust the internet regarding spelling??? Belie = be lie.
    Learn to simply admit when you are wrong since I would take Mirriam-Webster's word for it. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bely

Present perfect. I was an English major. Check it on your precious internet.
    Like I said. Boring and fake.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 04:14 PM
    Like I said. Boring and fake.
    My site is better than yours! Ha!

And there's this:
    1871, Catullus, The Poems and Fragments of Catullus.
    So he'll quickly devour the way, if only He's no booby; for all a snowy maiden Chide imperious, and her hands around him Both in jealousy clasp'd, refuse departure. 10 She, if only report the truth bely not, Doats, as hardly within her own possession.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 04:26 PM
    Surely there is something more interesting to talk about than the alternate spelling of a word.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2020, 04:45 PM
    Surely there is something more interesting to talk about than the alternate spelling of a word.
    Platypuses? or is it platypi? (I betcha 'clete knows!)
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 06:51 PM
    According to this, it is either. https://grammarist.com/plurals/platypi-vs-platypuses/

Honestly, I wouldn't have known.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Platypuses? or is it platypi? (I betcha 'clete knows!)
    platypi or platypii so rarely are two seen together who knows, what does our cute aquatic creature have to do with your spelling bee
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2020, 05:36 AM
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2020, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    what does our cute aquatic creature have to do with your spelling bee
    JL wanted something more interesting to talk about so I brought up the platypus (I did a report on them and emus when we studied Australia in 4th grade).
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2020, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    JL wanted something more interesting to talk about so I brought up the platypus (I did a report on them and emus when we studied Australia in 4th grade).
    so you studied the emu wars?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2020, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    so you studied the emu wars?
    Nope, we didn't. (That war would have made us kids cry!) The teacher had us learn the geography, the states' names and locations, and another student and I did reports on the animals unique to Australia.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2020, 04:50 PM
    Emu . I know emu's . It is what rich libs in NY and NJ raise when they are looking for a tax break on their expensive land . All they have to do is to convince some tax geek auditor that they are "trying " to turn a hobby into a profitable business.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2020, 04:01 AM
    The capitalist American way.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2020, 05:35 AM
    Nothing to do with oz
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2020, 09:19 AM
    Thank God today is election day. No more having to watch the climate change candidate screaming to a bunch of greenhouse gas, CO spewing ,idling cars in a parking lot while misreading a prompter the size of a drive in movie screen .
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2020, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Thank God today is election day. No more having to watch the climate change candidate screaming to a bunch of greenhouse gas, CO spewing ,idling cars in a parking lot while misreading a prompter the size of a drive in movie screen .
    no you can just watch dump burn
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2020, 07:32 AM
    I get to watch the hypocrite climate scientists . From the people who want to shut down all fossil fuel technology: It appears they love air travel especially to warm weather conferences .“You need to have a frequent series of meetings to keep up with the data, to advance our findings, to make sure that they are disseminated across the community,” says Cob

If anything, such conferences are very inefficient for achieving these goals. The internet does it far better. I guess they haven't heard of Zoom or Microsoft Team like the rest of us mere mortals have been forced to use .
    But they salve their guilt by buying phony carbon credits to offset their frequent flying .In truth these conferences are political gatherings, aimed at organizing political action and regulation; or for social interaction and schmoozing!

Nothing to do with oz

ok here is something that has something to do with Oz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Kx...ature=emb_logo
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2020, 09:30 AM
    You ready to pop the cork and celebrate a NEW president?
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2020, 10:05 AM
    congrats to Quid . Trump will appoint a special prosecutor on the way out . Taking bets on how long it takes the Dems to force him out due to corruption and/or incapable of serving as President .

People will complain that Trump is pursuing a court remedy . He won't succeed . Like I said ,the time to make the challenges stick was before the count started .138,000 votes magically appearing all for Quid ? C'MON MAN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama's foreign policy [ 82 Answers ]

What should we make of Obama's foreign policy? He was set to 'restore' America's standing in the world but it sure seems to me the administration's foreign policy is about as clear as mud. Foot dragging on Iran's freedom movement, snubbing the French, irritating the UK by transferring Gitmo...

And now a word from one of Ron Paul's foreign policy advisors [ 14 Answers ]

Ron Paul Campaign Announces Addition of New Policy Advisors | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET.com ... Philip Giraldi... from an essay he penned in 'The American Conservative' The Spy Who Loves Us About Israel spying on the United States... Even if Israel has stopped recruiting...

Huckabee :Foreign policy [ 4 Answers ]

When I read the Huckster's foreign policy essay at 'Foreign Affairs 'Mag. Why did I think I was reading Democrat talking points ? Foreign Affairs - America's Priorities in the War on Terror - Michael D. Huckabee On diplomatic relations with Iran :Huckabee's fantasy about negotiating...

Foreign policy [ 15 Answers ]

Why so much concern over foreign policy when it is dictated by domestic policy. So if we are unhappy with foreign policy we should analyze our domestic policy.

Inconsistent foreign policy [ 16 Answers ]

Why do we do business with China which is a communist country and refuse to do business with Cuba and pressure other nations not to do business with Cuba because it is a communist country? BTW We also give aid to communist North Korea whenever it promises not to build nuclear weapons.

View more questions Search