Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2020, 05:43 AM
    The Madhatir is back!
    https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/m...0e52a9708fc529

Mayalsia's Madhatir is back. This man has incited Muslim violence again and he does it like the coward he is, because he is far from the action and unlikely to suffer consequences. When he was PM he incited Muslim violence and now he is doing it again. You expect people who had some power to exercise restraint, well what I say is may 1,000 asian elephants shlt on his lawn

An Australian PM once called this man recalcitrant but my name for him is stronger, he is a typical Muslim dickhead
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 03:48 AM
    did he incite or was he just flapping his gums ?

What I find more disturbing is Twitter's consistent double standard when it comes to monitoring it's site and it's decision about who and why someone's posting should be deleted . I give great credit to the administrator of this site for the wide latitude given to freely express an opinion . That is not the case on Twitter ,which has a near monopoly to the point that news outlets will frequently use that platform to introduce news items .

Ted Cruz in Senate hearings on big tech selective censorship ripped into Twitter owner Jack Dorsey about this issue .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSd2NKT_otQ

Twitter claims it censors death threats ;and routinely censor Trump because his tweets could “inspire harm,” . But when the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called for the genocide of Israeli's on Twitter ,they claimed that his tweets pass as “commentary on political issues of the day”.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2020, 06:00 AM
    Doesn't take much to get a nutcase excited. They tend to be already excited. Does the internet need clear rules of the road? Definitely, as obviously self policing isn't a great idea, but it has to be a global thing. Then there is that dark web where the nuts actually hang out.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I give great credit to the administrator of this site for the wide latitude given to freely express an opinion .
    That was not true when a moderator here deleted a post I made because the mod was "suspicious" of what I wrote. Yes, the word he used was "suspicious". This moderator later deleted other posts of mine simply because they were in disagreement with his religious beliefs. I notified management and they were upset and would "immediately" look into the problem.

That was a long time ago and I'm still waiting for the management person to "immediately" look into the problem.

The site itself, developed by Roel, is excellent and one of the best to navigate in to ensure accuracy of questions and answers.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    obviously self policing isn't a great idea,
    Self-policing is NEVER a good idea - whether accountants or law enforcement.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 08:28 PM
    what?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 05:32 AM
    Big Brother, Clete. We need Big Brother looking over our shoulders at all times. A large, mighty, well financed, all-wise central gov is the key to policing.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 06:18 AM
    what you need is someone watching the politicians
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 07:21 AM
    what you need is someone watching the politicians
    Yep. And we need many fewer of them.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 04:21 PM
    politicians or watchers?
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 04:23 PM
    Politicians, or at least that's true in my view. The press should be the watchers, but over here they are largely so politically biased that it simply doesn't work well.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 04:41 PM
    no you need something more effective than the press, a judicial body separate from the courts
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 04:45 PM
    a judicial body separate from the courts
    Who would appoint them, the politicians?
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    no you need something more effective than the press, a judicial body separate from the courts
    A judicial body separate from the judicial body now? How/where does it end? Are there turtles all the way down? (That's a famous answer to the origin of the universe. It fits here).
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 05:02 PM
    A judicial body separate from the judicial body now? How/where does it end? Are there turtles all the way down?
    Well said

(That's a famous answer to the origin of the universe. It fits here).
    Famous answer indeed.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Who would appoint them, the politicians?
    We have some here called the Crime Commission and the Independent Commission against Corruption they are set up under legislation with Parliamentary inquiry powers and completely independent of the judiciary. They investigate cases of corruption referred to them by parliament or the public and have been instrumental in bringing many corrupt politicians to justice. you might say they are a local version of the FBI but don't have federal jurisdiction
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2020, 05:21 AM
    Who appoints them?
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2020, 05:55 AM
    The parliament, in fact, a federal body is being considered on the heals of signs of corruption in the public service and no doubt it will look at the role of some former politicians in deals with China. some very embarassing facts were recently disclosed in a senate hearing
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2020, 06:00 AM
    An independent commission which has the job of overseeing the people who appointed its members?
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2020, 07:19 AM
    Yes but once set up is independent and can only be removed by act of parliament which is very hard to do. What happens is a member of parliament, etc, is stood down during the enquiry. If found guilty there would be criminal proceedings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

45 degree elbows joined back to back. Are they legal to make a long sweep 90 [ 2 Answers ]

Are back to back 45s legal I drainage situations in canada

12 weeks pregnant and severe posterior pelvic back back. Cant roll over at times etc. [ 1 Answers ]

I have trouble concentrating or sleeping cause my back hurts, I feel like I may need help getting up or rolling over sometimes and at times when I walk I feel a stabbing pain on one side or the other right above my behine and it feels like my leg may give out. Happened with my last pregnancy but...

Rash on back of my neck, lower back and butt, around my waist, breasts [ 4 Answers ]

4 month ago my family all 7 of us with same rash,looked like bits and just itch like crazy.Now is just my youngest daughter an I.The rash looks like hives but is not.We taught that it could have been scarves and it wasn't.We are so worried.

Teacher took my iPhone away, won't give it back; gave 2 other students phone back. [ 9 Answers ]

I go to a high school. I got caught listening to music one day in class, my teacher took my phone away. I thought she was going to give it back at the end of the day. When I came and asked her, she said I was listening to music during a classmates presentation and my parent will have to pick it up...

Toilet leaking around base, back up into tub when flush, kitchen sink back up [ 3 Answers ]

Seem like everything is back up. Recently I've been having issue with my plumbing all around. The toilet seems to be backing up into the tub and is leaking around the base. I could hear water bubble sound coming up the toilet when I try to run water down the tub. As for the kitchen sink it seems to...

View more questions Search