Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2020, 07:13 PM
    I had responded to tomder's question, which was much like yours. Trump DID NOT hold the kids for only 72 hours like Obama did. Many (over 500) are still in these cages "watching tv and eating snacks" according to Trump.
    Are you sure those 500 are still in cages? As for the 72 hours, most of the kids are out by that time. Not sure why some remain, but I would imagine it has to do with the large numbers. I'm sure you will join me in calling for a wall which would solve the problem.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 30, 2020, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    join me in calling for a wall which would solve the problem.
    A wall will NOT solve the problem! Any wall can be breeched, plus the humanitarian aspect needs to be addressed.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2020, 07:36 PM
    A wall will largely solve the problem. As for the humanitarian problem, you won't be happy one way or the other unless, of course, it is Biden putting kids into the cages. Then you three will be perfectly content once again, and not a peep will be heard.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 30, 2020, 07:52 PM
    A wall will largely solve the problem. As for the humanitarian problem, you won't be happy one way or the other unless, of course, it is Biden putting kids into the cages. Then you three will be perfectly content once again, and not a peep will be heard.
    Short sections of walls have been built and have failed or been breeched or tunneled under. We don't need a wall. And Biden won't build one nor will he put kids into cages indefinitely. And he'll make sure parents and their children are properly IDed for being reunited.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 03:07 AM
    Don't let perfect be the enemy of good . Completing the wall is absolutely necessary even if on occasion someone figures out how to get in under around or over it .
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2020, 04:01 AM
    Biden will simply open the border and allow unfettered access. He'll use more of our non-existent money to pay for med care for them. We'll continue down the road to ruin, prompted on by the people who are so noble and caring that they are willing either to force other people to take care of them, or just used borrowed money to do it, never stopping for one second to think about what kind of world that is creating for our children and grandchildren.

"Show me where I've had no data. Bet ya can't." Still waiting, Athos.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2020, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Don't let perfect be the enemy of good . Completing the wall is absolutely necessary even if on occasion someone figures out how to get in under around or over it .
    On occasion? How about regularly depending on the weather. Certainly doesn't stop the flow of drugs.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2020, 06:38 AM
    Biden will simply open the border and allow unfettered access. He'll use more of our non-existent money to pay for med care for them. We'll continue down the road to ruin, prompted on by the people who are so noble and caring that they are willing either to force other people to take care of them, or just used borrowed money to do it, never stopping for one second to think about what kind of world that is creating for our children and grandchildren.

"Show me where I've had no data. Bet ya can't." Still waiting, Athos.
    Nice dufus right wing loony commercial, but little truth since Obama /Biden deported a bunch of illegals. You worry about a better world in the future and ignore the screwed up world now?

LOL, show some data and maybe we won't say you don't have any which may be hard since you rather holler evidence from others and attack it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 06:44 AM
    How about regularly depending on the weather .
    will see when the wall is complete . Right now the completed section in San Diego reduced the number of agents needed to patrol by 150 every 24 hrs . That alone is a $28 million return on investment . In the Yuma section Illegal entries in areas with new border wall system plummeted over 87% in 2020 compared to 2019 .And since the wall was begun in urban areas where it is easier for illegals to melt in ;it forced them to attempt entry in more remote areas where it is easier to locate them with drone technology . They are also compelled to cross in harder areas like deserts and mountains . The El Paso Sector has experienced a significant reduction in drug and smuggling activities in areas where the new border wall system was built.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 31, 2020, 07:04 AM
    With the wall here's a thought.
    Let them in, give them a green card and tax their collectives in perpetuity just like any resident.

Some wall info from BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46824649
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2020, 12:48 PM
    Nice dufus right wing loony commercial, but little truth since Obama /Biden deported a bunch of illegals. You worry about a better world in the future and ignore the screwed up world now?
    No wall and no will to stop illegal immigration = wide open border.

LOL, show some data and maybe we won't say you don't have any which may be hard since you rather holler evidence from others and attack it.
    Just like I said you would do. Thank you for being totally predictable. I figured one of you would, and you win the prize! "And please don't come back with the worn-out, 'Oh, you do it all the time,' reply. Show me where I've had no data."

Let them in, give them a green card and tax their collectives in perpetuity just like any resident.
    Isn't that what is being done with LEGAL immigrants now?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Completing the wall is absolutely necessary even if on occasion someone figures out how to get in under around or over it .
    Total nonsense! The wall is nothing more than an idiotic idea floated by Trump as a campaign tactic to rise the racism of his followers.

Remember T's promise that the "Mexicans will pay for the wall"? When the world stopped laughing, and Trump failed miserably at THAT promise, he stopped mentioning that part and just went on to bloviate about the racism he so naturally is comfortable with.

Diverting monies allocated for military purposes (housing, etc.) to build his wall is a perfect example of his "love" for the military.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Total nonsense! The wall is nothing more than an idiotic idea floated by Trump as a campaign tactic to rise the racism of his followers.

Remember T's promise that the "Mexicans will pay for the wall"? When the world stopped laughing, and Trump failed miserably at THAT promise, he stopped mentioning that part and just went on to bloviate about the racism he so naturally is comfortable with.

Diverting monies allocated for military purposes (housing, etc.) to build his wall is a perfect example of his "love" for the military.
    The wall is an idea that existed before Trump. yes the idea that the Mexicans would pay for it was idiotic but no doubt they have been made to pay in various ways. Diverting monies that would have paid for military housing is common sense since the market could have provided such housing and the tax payer should not have to pay for it. Reducing the size of the military is a sign of love since less individuals will be put in harms way so your view of the world is very one eyed
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Diverting monies that would have paid for military housing is common sense since the market could have provided such housing and the tax payer should not have to pay for it.
    In this country, diverting money allocated by Congress for one purpose to another purpose not allocated by Congress is unconstitutional. The market does NOT provide for the military, the Congress does.

Reducing the size of the military is a sign of love since less individuals will be put in harms way so your view of the world is very one eyed
    Hogwash! The military has been a vital part of the US since 1775.
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2020, 07:52 PM
    Reducing the size of the military is a sign of love
    I wouldn't call it a sign of love, but it would sure be a sign of common sense.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2020, 07:57 PM
    I wouldn't call it a sign of love, but it would sure be a sign of common sense.
    How quickly will you be able to learn Russian?
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 08:25 PM
    scaremongering! The Russian have no interest in invading the US, they have enough to do to look after their own people. Now the Chinese might be a threat or they may be a paper tiger but more likely mandarin than russian
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 05:20 AM
    scaremongering! The Russian have no interest in invading the US, they have enough to do to look after their own people. Now the Chinese might be a threat or they may be a paper tiger but more likely mandarin than russian
    Yes and yes. It's total foolishness to even think about Russia as a major military threat.

In news from the mecca of centralized planning and operations known as "Europe", the Covid spike has become very serious. Several nations have announced "lockdowns" in order to try and stem the spread of the virus. According to the New York Times, "The British prime minister announced expansive new restrictions on Saturday that effectively establish a national lockdown, and Greece and Austria increased coronavirus measures, joining France, Germany, Belgium and Ireland in shutting down large parts of their societies to try to keep their hospitals from being overwhelmed amid vast second-wave surges in coronavirus infections."

Well, we have been told on this site that Trump's avoidance of centralized planning and control is a major failure of his. Perhaps the Europeans would not agree with that assessment?

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10...19-coronavirus

I'll be in church this morning so it's all good. My sermon concerns changing your own personal culture through the power of Jesus. You are all welcome to come!
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2020, 06:20 AM
    how's that working for you?
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2020, 07:20 AM
    How's what working for me? Jesus? He's working very well for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Administration Sees US Deaths from Virus Set Record. [ 267 Answers ]

Trump's delay/inaction/misinformation in the beginning was a contributing factor to the record number of US deaths from COVID-19. I wonder how many - other than the one confirmed. Amazing how Trump seems to channel Mussolini with his poses so like the WW2 dictator.

How Trump Sees Things [ 188 Answers ]

What happened: (1) Trump promoted violence and encouraged supporters to be violent. (2) Trump targeted specific people for repeated vicious attacks. (3) A domestic terrorist sent bombs to all the people Trump targeted. (4) Trump blamed the media.

A pig sees the world [ 0 Answers ]

Children's book about a pig in a pen among many other animals and an old truck ( I believe the pig thinks the old truck is a big animal that makes a funny sound when it starts. The pig sees many other animals when he accidentally gets out of his pen.he believes he is seeing the world as he roams...

A little girl sees a flying witch outside the window and enters into magic world [ 0 Answers ]

I watched a movie long time ago almost 13 or 14 years ago.a scene I remember is that a little girl and may be a boy also in a room see the things flying outside including a witch.then they open their room door and from this door they enter into a magical world.where they see trees are...

View more questions Search