Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 29, 2020, 10:56 AM
    Spent last few nights gazing at Jupiter and Saturn dancing with the moon and couldn't help but wonder what secrets they held for man, so obviously I dream of the moon as a start of a great journey with limitless possibilities, as a great escape from man just wallowing in his own crap.

Sorry to hear you have no dreams Clete, but I do appreciate greatly the practical reality of pointing out the work we should be doing a better job of right here in our own yard. I hear your wake up call, but at the end of the day, I look forward to my dreams.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2020, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Half of the moon permanently faces the earth. The other side does get sunlight, but is never visible to us.

I've noticed that the "we" you are referring to seems to always come down to the U.S. spending money. There is no "we".

http://factmyth.com/factoids/the-dar...s-always-dark/
    OZ has a space program, it doesn't have the reach yours does
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2020, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Sorry to hear you have no dreams Clete, but I do appreciate greatly the practical reality of pointing out the work we should be doing a better job of right here in our own yard. I hear your wake up call, but at the end of the day, I look forward to my dreams.
    I have a great view of Orion and the Southern Cross but light pollution blocks out the rest so no dreams of Mars. I'm practical Tal pursue the important and let the dreamers dream alone
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2020, 02:01 PM
    this month Mars was next to the moon . You could not miss it . One of my plans when I retire is to go on vacation in the southern hemisphere . I would love to see the southern cross on a clear night at sea .
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2020, 02:04 PM
    Keep an eye out for Venus it is spectacular in the early morning sky
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2020, 02:11 PM
    I see it all the time . My daily commute starts 3:30 AM
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2020, 03:41 PM
    Venus is a beautiful sight. My son used to have a pretty good telescope and we could see the rings of Saturn with it. I might get one myself in my old age.

Tom, just out of curiosity, how long is your commute?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far does the moon drag ocean water? East-west and north-south. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm an author and really need some tide related info for authenticity of script. I can't find this info anywhere, and hope you might advise. When the moon sweeps 180 degrees across the sky, over an ocean. I realise the water is lifted by up to a meter, but how far and fast does the bulk...

Aquarius sun, moon in virgo + sun in scorpio, moon in sagittarius [ 11 Answers ]

The title says it all, I'm curious what the relationship between myself, an female aquarius sun with my moon in virgo and someone I'm seeing who's sun is in scoprio and his moon is in sagittarius. We both are right in the middle of our sun signs, meaning neither of us are on the cusp of...

Water on Moon [ 4 Answers ]

If there is water on the moon, why has it not evaporated? Is it trapped due to the lack of an atmosphere?

View more questions Search