Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lobabychick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2020, 08:44 PM
    Tub spout Set screw damaged copper pipe
    Assumed spout was twist on because wasn’t visible. Turning caused threaded grooves. New spout won’t slip on, gets caught up in grooves. Can this be remedied?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2020, 02:03 PM
    When you turned the spout, it likely caused some burrs on the pipe next to the groove. I would just take some sandpaper and make sure the area around the groove is smooth.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 29, 2020, 11:32 AM
    Smoothing out the burrs and grooves with sandpaper should solve the problem.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2020, 10:58 PM
    I agree with both of them above

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where does black o-ring go on bath tub spout or where on threaded copper pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a plumbing question. I recently had a plumber come in and fix my tub spout. The leaking tub spout was resolved but after the work had been completed I removed the spout without releasing the underneath screw with an allan wrench (so that I could thoroughly clean a mildew stain...

Attaching copper faucet to copper pipe attached to plastic pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

I have plastic piping in the house which leads outside and then copper piping is outside with a facet attached.. I need to change the facet with torch and solder... if I heat the old one to remove with this heat travel down the copper pipe through the wall and affect the plastic pipe.. I am worried...

Rusted brass screw with flat screw head for bathtub spout [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't get the brass head screw off because the brass is so soft that the screwdriver twists inside the head. The screwdriver is a flat head one. I got one side off but the other just keeps slipping off. Any ideas on how to deal with this particular problem? I sprayed WD 40 on there but...

Screw-on spout removal [ 2 Answers ]

The diverter on our tub is failing. It diverts about 2/3 of the water so I want to Change the spout. It is a screw on type with copper supply line. As I tried to Unscrew the spout the copper supply line began to twist. I could see the pipe Deform. I stopped not wanting to break off the...

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search