Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacko99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2020, 09:15 PM
    Burner in basement
    The other day, I set my thermostat to 70 degrees. It was 65 degrees in the house. After a short time I noticed that the temperature in the house wasn't changing and no air was coming out of the vent, so I checked the burner. The pilot was still going and the burner was set to on, not pilot. The burner should have ignited but didn't. Then I noticed a black wire nor connected at one end. How can I figure out how it connects properly so I can test the burner and see if it ignites?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2020, 08:57 AM
    You need a schematic for your particular furnace, with model and make serial numbers. Or a trusted reasonable technician.

Any further guidance require full ID of the furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change the burner motor on beckett afg burner? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello: RE: how to change the moter on my beckett afg After basement floods last summer , burner developed a canery which is getting louder each month. My inspection, I see two power wires, two bolts attached to the housing, and a set screw that refuses to break free. Is this set screw a right...

Converting basement window into basement door [ 3 Answers ]

I have a raised ranch house that I've convert the garage into a function room, now I would like to convert one of the garage window into a back door that leads to the backyard. In order to do that we will need to cut through concrete/brick wall but I'm not sure if cutting through it would bring...

Clogged Shower Leaked Through Basement Fixture, now NONE of the basement lights work [ 10 Answers ]

We have two bathrooms, one on the ground level and one in the basement. I was downstairs while my wife was taking a shower and I noticed water leaking from the fixture above the sink. Naturally, I was horrified. So I called a plumber, and the shower was clogged, causing the leak. He cleared it,...

Basement drain keeps leaking water into our basement [ 3 Answers ]

We have lived in our house for over a year and have no problems with plumbing until this week. One of our basement drains keeps over flowing. Nothing is running. Like a dishwasher,washer, etc.) I noticed it during a heavy rain day but it has not rained in two days but more water keeps pouring out...

Water coming out of basement shower and flooding basement [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a home about 2 months ago, and immediately there were flooding issues in the basement. At first I wasn't sure why the carpet in the middle of the basement was getting soaked. Now I see that the water is coming from the shower drain in the basement bathroom. This happened after the...

View more questions Search