Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2020, 05:11 AM
    Antifa and BLM trashed and looted the Oregon HIstorical Society museum in Portland.
    This happened Sunday Night during 'peaceful protests '

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020...ndeterred.html

You know who else destroyed history ? The Taliban destroyed Afghanistan history . ISIS destroyed history in Iraq and Syria. The Chinese Communists did it during 'The Cultural Revolution' .

Sarah Iannarone is leading in the Portland Mayoral race. She is a self proclaimed ANTIFA. She is beating current lefty appeasing mayor Ted Wheeler . What's his big issue ? Well since June the Portland police have been covering up their name tags because when these 'peaceful protesters ' get their names ,they dox their families . To dox is to search for and publish private or identifying information about someone on the Internet, typically with malicious intent. Wheeler would like to find a way to not permit this action by the police. Wheeler says officers' fear of doxxing is overstated and the public's right to know an officer's identity outweighs the officer's right to privacy. He is truly insane. And yet he is the better alternative to Iannarone . She like Quid lies and says Antifa is an idea and not an organized terrorist movement .

But read this article by a reformed Aussie ANTIFA organizer. He gives good insight into the terrorist group.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...09b02bf9e54559

Antifa members believe it is real .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2020, 06:35 PM
    Interesting news today about Gallup polling. "A majority of Americans (56%) find themselves better off under President Trump than they were four years ago, according to a new poll." I just wonder how that will affect this upcoming election. It's a very high figure. Obama, in 2012, was at 45%.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/majori...ears-ago-poll/

As to Antifa, the outrage is that the dem party officials stood by and allowed it to happen. I fear somewhat that the next few months will have a high risk of serious danger.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2020, 03:21 AM
    You and the dufus are still determined to put BLM and Antifa together Tom and that's unfortunate while right wing armed militias are never even mentioned. I know the dufus told them to stand down, but since they didn't wouldn't it be more accurate and productive to condemn all the criminal loons both left and right instead of just the LEFT? The right has actively been training and arming and plotting and planning for a lot more than just vandalism, rioting and burning.

Like the pandemic, I don't blame racial strife or bad cops on the dufus, but I can sure as hell criticize his response to it and he makes things worse, not better on nearly every level.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 04:29 AM
    Like the pandemic, I don't blame racial strife or bad cops on the dufus,
    That's good to hear.

I can sure as hell criticize his response to it and he makes things worse, not better on nearly every level.
    I don't think you can say he has made racial strife or the situation with bad cops any worse. The utter failure of democrat mayors and govs to respond responsibly has contributed a great deal to a worsening situation. As to the pandemic, the feds have done a lot of good there. Of course they are doing it, as usual, with money we don't have.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I don't think you can say he has made racial strife or the situation with bad cops any worse. The utter failure of democrat mayors and govs to respond responsibly has contributed a great deal to a worsening situation.
    How have the dems contributed to a bad situation? Why in some dems cities and not others?

As to the pandemic, the feds have done a lot of good there. Of course they are doing it, as usual, with money we don't have.
    Why? Illness injuries and death are emergency situations that few of us have money for.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 06:57 AM
    Why in some dems cities and not others?
    Good question. Why did some dem mayors not respond to rioting and looting?

Illness injuries and death are emergency situations that few of us have money for.
    What? You think the feds are supposed to be responsible for taking care of people when they die, are injured, or become sick? Maybe for you, but I'm an independent man enough that I can take care of myself.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 07:24 AM
    Good question. Why did some dem mayors not respond to rioting and looting?
    They did but obviously you think it inadequate.

What? You think the feds are supposed to be responsible for taking care of people when they die, are injured, or become sick? Maybe for you, but I'm an independent man enough that I can take care of myself.
    Good for you. Not everyone is a blessed as you with resources to be that kind of independent, nor as unsympathetic to the plight of others who don't have those resources. Yeah I think the feds are responsible for the well being of it's citizens. ALL of them. The healthy, and UNhealthy.

Is it not a tenet of the Christian faith to see the less fortunate with mercy and empathy? Why would you bely the country that embraces that tenet and acts according to it? Many claim this is a nation built on Christianity after all, so to ignore the least of us is a contradiction at best, utter hypocrisy at worst. I mean you do your Christian thing in your small enclave so why would that not be happening in the broader communities we call America?
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 10:40 AM
    you think it inadequate.
    Yeah, since they let it go on for WEEKS and WEEKS and WEEKS! Well DUH!

You find the place in Chrisitian doctrine that says the government is supposed to come in, take money from some people by force of law, and give it to other people, some of whom need it and some who don't, then we can talk about it. As a Christian, I am called to love my neighbor as myself. That's why I go to a drug rehab center and help out. That's why my wife and I are sending a substantial amount of money every month to Uganda to help feed hungry people. That's why we support Samaritan's Purse. It's why we support two children's feeding programs. It's why we support Mission Barnabas and Prison Fellowship.

You think you have some kind of moral authority because you vote for politicians who say they will force others to do what you think is worthwhile, and you then go sit in your living room and watch a ballgame. Sorry. Not impressed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 11:01 AM
    You find the place in Chrisitian doctrine that says the government is supposed to come in, take money from some people by force of law, and give it to other people, some of whom need it and some who don't, then we can talk about it.
    "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's." Matt. 22:21
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 11:20 AM
    No one is suggesting we stop paying taxes. This issue at hand is the supposed morality of those who brag of how they force others to support their charitable inclinations. Any scripture on that one?

There actually is one (that I know of) passage that supports government support of the poor. Anyone know it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 11:57 AM
    This issue at hand is the supposed morality of those who brag of how they force others to support their charitable inclinations.
    I have lived longer than you and in several places very different from each other. Plus, I've stayed with relatives in even more places. I have NEVER read about or heard anyone bragging of how they force others to support their charitible inclinations. Guess I'd better plan a trip to Mississippi.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2020, 12:16 PM
    I go to a drug rehab center and help out. That's why my wife and I are sending a substantial amount of money every month to Uganda to help feed hungry people. That's why we support Samaritan's Purse. It's why we support two children's feeding programs. It's why we support Mission Barnabas and Prison Fellowship.

Proverbs 27:2 Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth, an outsider, and not your own lips.

Isaiah 64:6 When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags.

Luke 18:11-14 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people–robbers, evildoers, adulterers–or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.

But the tax collector stood at a distance He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 12:17 PM
    NEVER read about or heard anyone bragging of how they force others to support their charitible inclinations.
    Really? Well here you go from about fifteen minutes ago HERE. "I thought it was worth saying, and raising taxes on those that have millions and billions AFTER taxes is the right thing to do."
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 12:22 PM
    Athos, just a little reminder.

You better believe I want to see it (your supposed proof that I had backed out of a question arrangement with you). What you are saying is flatly untrue. But you have your big chance now, if you can get yourself to take it.
    "I'm backing out of nothing. If you are willing to obligate yourself, then I'm all in. Are you willing?"

You were also going to show me how I supposedly changed my position on hell. Where's that? Have you given up?

As to my comment above, I was not boasting. I was responding to this comment from Tal. "Many claim this is a nation built on Christianity after all, so to ignore the least of us is a contradiction at best, utter hypocrisy at worst." I am not ignoring the "least of us". Most Christians that I know actually make a personal commitment to the poor as opposed to being satisfied with forcing others to do so.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 12:43 PM
    Really? Well here you go from about fifteen minutes ago HERE. "I thought it was worth saying, and raising taxes on those that have millions and billions AFTER taxes is the right thing to do."
    That's NOT "bragging of how they force others to support their charitible inclinations."

Our governor, who has an estimated personal net worth of $3.4 billion, is urging residents to vote for a graduated state income tax so the wealthy will pay more in taxes.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 12:44 PM
    JL you were outvoted obviously so try harder in the next election, or pray harder in this one, whichever you prefer. One wonders how a guy who professes so much faith can whine about everybody else. I never heard anybody but you brag about their moral superiority.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 01:09 PM
    That's NOT "bragging
    I think it is.

As to your gov, has he already started giving more in taxes?

You haven't heard me brag about anything, nor have you heard me profess to have "much faith", and you certainly have not heard me brag about having any moral superiority. You're just projecting your TDS on me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 01:25 PM
    I think it is.
    I suspect you've lost the train of thought.
    As to your gov, has he already started giving more in taxes?
    HE is the one pushing the graduated tax that would begin in January.
    You haven't heard me brag about anything
    Within the past half hour, I read on an AMHD thread your list of all the charities you support and help with. That's bragging.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2020, 02:03 PM
    Interesting news today about Gallup polling. "A majority of Americans (56%) find themselves better off under President Trump than they were four years ago, according to a new poll." I just wonder how that will affect this upcoming election. It's a very high figure. Obama, in 2012, was at 45%.
    Even with the virus .... and Gallup usually does heavy weighting on registered Dems .
    When a reporter asked Quid about the poll about 56% of Americans think they are better off ;his witty reply was “Well if they think that, they probably shouldn’t”
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2020, 02:27 PM
    Athos, just a little reminder. You were also going to show me how I supposedly changed my position on hell. Where's that? Have you given up?
    Be patient. All things in due time.

As to my comment above, I was not boasting.
    Of course, you were.

Here's a little reminder:

For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Jesus said that. So you can answer to Jesus with your explanation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antifa the 21st Century Jacobins [ 258 Answers ]

it's the Jacobins . Robespierre whipped them into a frenzy and they guillotined everyone who opposed them . Eventually they guillotined Robespierre also . Think Gotham when Bane took control of the city ........"We take Gotham from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have...

Pelosi statement about Antifa [ 9 Answers ]

“Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts. The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and...

Washing machine repair portland, Oregon [ 4 Answers ]

My washing machine won't drain or spin? What is wrong with it? It just stops at the rince/spin cycle. Help!

We live in Portland Oregon. We need to replace our 30 year old Lenox oil furnace. We' [ 1 Answers ]

We live in Portland Oregon. We need to replace our 30 year old Lenox oil furnace. We're being bid an oil furnace heat pump combination. No access to gas. Should we keep a combination system or go strictly heat pump? Advantage of having both systems? Any suggestions?

The top ten historical figures likely to be found in Historical Novels [ 5 Answers ]

What ten historical figures are most likely going to be the ones come across while reading historical novels?

View more questions Search