Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 03:38 PM
    Within the past half hour, I read on an AMHD thread your list of all the charities you support and help with. That's bragging.
    Nah. That was in reply to a silly allegation that I did not care for the down and outers.

But if it was, then what did you call your pronouncements of all the chartiable work you do that you told us about months ago. Helping people with free counseling and free assistance with their writing, or your telling us just a few days ago of how you have had some of your work published. Was that bragging as well? Are you now Ms. Pot and I'm Mr. Kettle?

Be patient. All things in due time.
    It's your call and there is no pressure one way or the other, but it should be noted that the waiting is on your part, not mine. I only await your affirmation.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2020, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    But if it was, then what did you call your pronouncements of all the chartiable work you do that you told us about months ago. Helping people with free counseling and free assistance with their writing, or your telling us just a few days ago of how you have had some of your work published. Was that bragging as well?
    So it's ok for you to brag as long as you say someone else did?

It's your call and there is no pressure one way or the other, but it should be noted that the waiting is on your part
    So noted.

I only await your affirmation.
    I already agreed. It is YOU that refuses to avoid the personal. That makes me think you WANT to get into the personal so you can try to critique whatevet it may be - especially religion-wise. Here's what I said.

If you stick to issues, any issues under the sun, and not personal details, I'm always prepared for your question. All the members here are free to provide any personal details they want, but are not required to give them at the request of another. Fair enough?

(PS - Trump at Town Hall tonight - 8pm est. Answering questions from non-Trump flunkies)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 04:22 PM
    Avoid the personal? Done! So we are good to go? You are committed?

Just bear in mind that you are the one tossing around the axxhole comments, so don't act like you are Mr. Clean in that regard because you are far from it, and it makes this comment laughable. " It is YOU that refuses to avoid the personal." I haven't engaged in name calling, but I'm certainly willing to cooperate in that area.

So it's ok for you to brag as long as you say someone else did?
    No, it wouldn't be. Since I wasn't bragging, that doesn't apply anyway. But it does mean that if a person wants to take the "holier than thou" approach, they should be sure their own slate is clean.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2020, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Just bear in mind that you are the one tossing around the axxhole comments,
    It's "a**hole", not "axxhole", a**hole.

so don't act like you are Mr. Clean in that regard because you are far from it,
    I have never acted like Mr. Clean in that or any regard. Stop making up stuff.

and it makes this comment laughable. " It is YOU that refuses to avoid the personal." I haven't engaged in name calling, but I'm certainly willing to cooperate in that area.
    Name calling is insulting, hardly personal information. I engage in it as a reaction to you. What IS laughable is your comment that you haven't engaged in name calling! Good Lord, you STARTED it! Your claim to now be willing to "cooperate in that area" has been made before. Within the hour of making that claim, you were back with your snarky comments.

Since I wasn't bragging, that doesn't apply anyway. But it does mean that if a person wants to take the "holier than thou" approach, they should be sure their own slate is clean.
    Jesus said those words about exalting yourself. So you may direct your explanation to him.

I don't know what "commitment" you are suggesting, but if you avoid the personal, I'll entertain any question you have - as I've said previously.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antifa the 21st Century Jacobins [ 258 Answers ]

it's the Jacobins . Robespierre whipped them into a frenzy and they guillotined everyone who opposed them . Eventually they guillotined Robespierre also . Think Gotham when Bane took control of the city ........"We take Gotham from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have...

Pelosi statement about Antifa [ 9 Answers ]

“Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts. The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and...

Washing machine repair portland, Oregon [ 4 Answers ]

My washing machine won't drain or spin? What is wrong with it? It just stops at the rince/spin cycle. Help!

We live in Portland Oregon. We need to replace our 30 year old Lenox oil furnace. We' [ 1 Answers ]

We live in Portland Oregon. We need to replace our 30 year old Lenox oil furnace. We're being bid an oil furnace heat pump combination. No access to gas. Should we keep a combination system or go strictly heat pump? Advantage of having both systems? Any suggestions?

The top ten historical figures likely to be found in Historical Novels [ 5 Answers ]

What ten historical figures are most likely going to be the ones come across while reading historical novels?

View more questions Search