Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2020, 02:34 PM
    Drain pan Maytag refrigerator
    Hi: I noticed an odd smell by my Maytag three-door refrigerator/freezer. I pulled off the front grill on the bottom and with a flash light could see that there was a dark liquid in the drain pan. I checked online and saw that the only way to remove the drain pan is to tip the refrigerator over as the drain pan is actually screwed in to the bottom of the refrigerator (really). So I did the best I could putting my hand under unit and cleaning what I could reach with paper towels. Besides the fact I think this is a design flaw I am wondering what all this dark sticky and stinky substance was. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2020, 03:07 AM
    Perhaps this article can help or giving you a start to find what and where this fouled water comes from.

https://www.hunker.com/13407488/blac...e-refrigerator
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Oct 11, 2020, 03:23 PM
    Thank you so much for the website. It does appear like there is a leak somewhere.
    kovaiservice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2020, 10:14 PM
    Not enough information. First of all, find out what kind of liquid it is. There are no liquids of this color in the refrigerator. Oil (not soluble in water), mixing with the refrigerant gives an emulsion, and it evaporates quickly ... Condensation (due to a malfunction of the evaporator) can overfill the collecting tray and change its color from bacteria, but it can turn black with a very long decay. And the stink should be freezing ... If the refrigerator is working properly, then just pull out the refrigerator and look at the back and bottom, you may be able to find out from where this liquid flows out. Contact the service

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator side not cooling properly on my maytag refrigerator model# MSD2756DE [ 2 Answers ]

Refrigerator side not cooling properly. Back freezer wall iced up. Water leaking on front freezer side corner.

Maytag plus refrigerator MZD2766GE not cooling refrigerator part [ 1 Answers ]

The freezer is working fine but the refrigerator part is not cooling as it should.

Maytag Refrigerator [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Refrigerator MTB1895AES. Yesterday it started making a click noise. I hear the fun working, but it is not cooling. The freezer and the fridge are not working. Can anybody help me please? Thanks

My Maytag Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I Have An 8 Month Old Side By Side, The Door To The Freezer Was Left Open All Day On Accident, Barely Cracked Open,when I Got Home It Was Wet Inside.it Was Making A Clicking Sound Every 15 Minutes And Not Cooling. I Threw All Food Away. Turned Refrig Off. Waited 24hours And Turned It Back On And...

View more questions Search