Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 11:04 AM
    Nobody is forcing anyone to do a darn thing.
    Thank for showing that you know nothing about tax law. Of course it's mandatory. What's wrong with you?

We vote for our causes and express our opinions and push back against what we don't like because we can. Ain't cha glad about that?
    Yes.

It's too much fun giving you a taste of your own medicine. LOL.
    Nah. You just can't come up with your own stuff, so you have to copy me. Too bad.

"Do you consider your morality to be superior simply because you want to legally force others to do (pay higher taxes) what you are absolutely, positively, and completely unwilling to do yourself?"

NO, I do NOT consider myself morally superior for the reason you state. I do NOT want to legally force others to pay higher taxes. I am absolutely, positively, and completely WILLING to pay higher taxes.
    A little honesty would be nice. You listed what Biden is advocating for several posts back. Guess what was at the core of it. Higher taxes for the wealthy, so you are not being honest in saying that you do not want to "legally force others to pay higher taxes." To say you don't is ridiculous. As far as your taxes are concerned, you say you that are wiling now for them to be higher, but you have NEVER advocated for that before I made it an issue. But thankfully you are now on record as saying your position is not morally superior, so I no longer have to listen to your moralizing about higher taxes. That is a relief to have you on the record. And for the record, I do commend you for actually answering a question. That's a step forward to be sure.

Rich people pay all the taxes
    Finally. An honest man.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    "Do you consider your morality to be superior simply because you want to legally force others to do (pay higher taxes) what you are absolutely, positively, and completely unwilling to do yourself?"
    A little honesty would be nice.
    A little intelligence would be even nicer!

You listed what Biden is advocating for several posts back. Guess what was at the core of it. Higher taxes for the wealthy, so you are not being honest in saying that you do not want to "legally force others to pay higher taxes.
    I don't know how you get from one, "higher taxes", to the other, "I want to legally force others to pay higher taxes." If someone doesn't pay taxes, do you expect me to make a citizen's arrest? This is one of the nuttiest things you've ever come up with, and you have come up with some really nutty stuff!

Maybe you can cite the law that authorizes me to arrest non-tax-payers?

To say you don't is ridiculous.
    The prize for ridiculous goes to you this week. Second place isn't even close.

As far your taxes are concerned, you say you are wiling now for them to be higher, but you have NEVER advocated for that before I made it an issue.
    Of course I never advocated for that before, because, IN YOUR OWN WORDS, YOU YOURSELF JUST MADE IT AN ISSUE! Jl, your frenzy is leading you down a dark path. I mean that seriously, not as a joke.

PS - I also never advocated here for drivers to possess a driver's license. Does that mean I want to illegally force drivers to possess a driver's license? Think before you leap Jl, or you're going to go off the deep end.

But thankfully I no longer have to listen to your moralizing about higher taxes.
    Guess what? You NEVER had to listen. It was always totally your choice to make.

That is a relief to have you on the record.
    I'm not sure what relief and/or what record. My answer described what was always my belief which should have been obvious to anyone reading what I wrote.

And for the record, I do commend you for actually answering a question.
    For the record, you once demanded what my belief was re Hell. If I responded. you promised to tell your belief.

I told you my belief. You said it was not a belief because I said I didn't believe in hell. You said not believing was not a belief. That was an amazing piece of sophistry that even you should have been ashamed of.

To this day, I am waiting for the answer you promised, but you have yet to live up to that promise.

(Jl, this has been one of your worst replies - it was really dumb.)
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 12:53 PM
    I don't know how you get from one, "higher taxes", to the other, "I want to legally force others to pay higher taxes." If someone doesn't pay taxes, do you expect me to make a citizen's arrest? This is one of the nuttiest things you've ever come up with, and you have come up with some really nutty stuff!

Maybe you can cite the law that authorizes me to arrest non-tax-payers?
    So you are seriously suggesting that you think we are talking about you personally enforcing tax laws? On what planet full of crazy people would that assumption be made? Still, I'm glad to know that you are now on record as saying, "I do NOT want to legally force others to pay higher taxes." Now why you are supporting the Harris ticket that DOES want to do that very thing is a mystery. Perhaps you can "expound" on that some.

Of course I never advocated for that before,
    More progress!!

That's about the only part of your comments that are worth replying to. It's just amazing how liberals, rather than simply answering a question, have to go to the place of needing a point by point analysis to answer a very simple question. But as I said, I do appreciate your profession that you do not want to legally (by law) force others to pay higher taxes, and that you don't consider your tax proposals, whatever they are, to have any morally superior basis. We have made much progress today! It just goes to show what I have long believed. If you can get a liberal to answer a few questions, then the truth becomes plain. Well, at least it becomes plainER.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 01:08 PM
    You're a NUT! At least be an honest one and quote me fully instead of cherry picking parts of it.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 03:57 PM
    I quoted you exactly. Stop whining. If that's not what you meant to say, then man up and say it more accurately. Don't blame me for your problems.
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Yeah what he said. GREAT response. I would add give hard working poor people a raise, but then I would have to listen to all the excuses why they can't have one. Rich people pay all the taxes, but poor people do all the work.
    That would be exactly what I said, and what I meant to say.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 04:14 PM
    Rich people pay all the taxes
    How does context change the meaning of your quote?
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 04:42 PM
    Simple since the statement was incomplete in your version. I have pointed out to you many times about how you pick out stuff you agree with and dismiss the rest. You destroyed the context I set. Poor people do pay taxes by the way, even before they collect the money they earned. Ever see a rich guy mop a floor? Not even his own. You never answer the basic question, how rich is a guy that can AFFORD to pay 87% of the government budget and still be rich enough to not miss it?

But go ahead and keep whining about the taxes you are forced to pay! Blame it on those liberals, even though the elected conservatives do it too.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 05:45 PM
    Poor people do pay taxes by the way
    You don't need to tell me that. You need to tell YOU that. You are the one who said that rich people pay all the taxes. If that's not what you meant, then why did you say it?
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 06:10 PM
    I expected you and everyone else to understand exactly what I meant, or figure it out. My bad for forgetting you are a strictly literal reader.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 06:17 PM
    I see now! You actually meant that everyone should vote for Trump instead of the harris/Biden ticket. Gosh that’s so easy!! I really like that non-literal reading.
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 06:54 PM
    You're a NUT!
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 07:45 PM
    I'm just following the new rules of non-literal reading introduced by you. Remember how we're just supposed to "figure out" your meaning? In other words, don't read your words, but read your mind. And you think I'm the nut? Instead of calling names, why don't you do us all a favor and learn how to write more clearly.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 09:04 PM
    I'm just following the new rules of non-literal reading introduced by you. Remember how we're just supposed to "figure out" your meaning? In other words, don't read your words, but read your mind. And you think I'm the nut? Instead of calling names, why don't you do us all a favor and learn how to write more clearly.
    take your own advice, better still refrain from giving advice since you really have no idea
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 11:52 PM
    So you are seriously suggesting that you think we are talking about you personally enforcing tax laws? On what planet full of crazy people would that assumption be made?
    Still, I'm glad to know that you are now on record as saying, "I do NOT want to legally force others to pay higher taxes." Now why you are supporting the Harris ticket that DOES want to do that very thing is a mystery. Perhaps you can "expound" on that some.
    More progress!!
    That's about the only part of your comments that are worth replying to. It's just amazing how liberals, rather than simply answering a question, have to go to the place of needing a point by point analysis to answer a very simple question.
    But as I said, I do appreciate your profession that you do not want to legally (by law) force others to pay higher taxes, and that you don't consider your tax proposals, whatever they are, to have any morally superior basis. We have made much progress today! It just goes to show what I have long believed. If you can get a liberal to answer a few questions, then the truth becomes plain. Well, at least it becomes plainER.
    Tal said it best - YOU'RE NUTS!!
    Expert

Oct 13, 2020, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Tal said it best - YOU'RE NUTS!!
    Just pointing out the obvious.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2020, 04:23 AM
    Definition of "nut". "A person who raises questions for which you have no answers." Like I say, when you have nothing intelligent to say, then you get frustrated and resort to your junior high persona. I do feel like progress has definitely been made, however. We actually have Athos on record with some clear statements.

1. 1. "NO, I do NOT consider myself morally superior for the reason you state." (because you want to legally force others to {pay higher taxes})

2. "I do NOT want to legally force others to pay higher taxes."

3. "I am absolutely, positively, and completely WILLING to pay higher taxes."

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/report.php?p=3859314

Now he is supporting the Harris ticket which supports legally forcing the wealthy to pay much higher tax rates while NOT raising his tax rates, so those seem to be hollow beliefs, but at least it provides a basis for further discussion. You cannot, I might add, resort to your usual, "JL misquoted me" complaint, a complaint for which you are never able to cite so much as a single example. I copied and pasted your quotes above.

I had Tal on record with a statement. "Rich people pay all the taxes". However, he then went on to admit he had misstated his position and acknowledged that poor people pay taxes, which raises the question of why he said that rich people pay "all" the taxes in the first place. Oh well. Then, quite naturally, he complained that I had taken his words "literally". As is usually the case with liberals, their mistakes are always someone else's fault. That must be a very pleasant world to live in.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2020, 05:43 AM
    No you have been pointing out for months that rich people pay taxes, 80% of taxes and as I pointed out to you, it doesn't matter what the tax rate is, that statistic will remain, because it is a statistic and statistics arn't facts they are just statistics
    Expert

Oct 13, 2020, 07:00 AM
    Definition of "nut". "A person who raises questions for which you have no answers."
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nut

6a: a o foolish, eccentric, or crazy person

I had Tal on record with a statement. "Rich people pay all the taxes". However, he then went on to admit he had misstated his position and acknowledged that poor people pay taxes, which raises the question of why he said that rich people pay "all" the taxes in the first place. Oh well. Then, quite naturally, he complained that I had taken his words "literally". As is usually the case with liberals, their mistakes are always someone else's fault. That must be a very pleasant world to live in.
    You NUT! The full quote was copy and pasted and you ignored it all but what sounded good to you. I didn't misstate a darn thing, YOU DID! You do it all the time and expect people to go for it which is pure insanity.

You aren't even a good literalist because you edit out relevant parts for your own purpose.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2020, 07:17 AM
    I didn't misstate a darn thing
    Well OK then. You believe the rich pay all the taxes. That's what, according to you, you stated and not misstated. I'm fine with that. Just trying to get you fine with standing by your own words and not blaming it all on someone else. I edited out nothing. I quoted it exactly as you said it and the context changed nothing in its meaning. First you accuse me of being too literal, and then you claim you misstated nothing. I think you don't like being in a trap of your own making. I guess that's what gets you so excited and worked up all the time. You need learn how to become a little calmer and a lot more rational.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Self-Medicating on Hydroxychloroquine [ 580 Answers ]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYoSjkSUEAITh-R?format=jpg&name=900x900

Can I feed two 33KV HT Panels through a common HT Cable coming from a common supply ? [ 2 Answers ]

In a Existing industrial setup, there is a 33kV HT Panel feeding one Transformer, Due to expansion, we need to install one more 2500kVA Trasformer and 33KV HT Panel, can I fed the new HT Panel through existing HT Cable by looping both the HT panels with same HT cable... Is it possible and safe??

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common-base balance sheets? [ 0 Answers ]

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common base balance sheets? How do you convert the assets, inventory, accts rec'v, etc into a percent?

The Common App [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can change my decision on the common application? By decision I mean From Early decision to Rolling decision.

Common law [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada. I was married for 5 years and have a 4 year old daughter with my husband. We separated last June. I have lived with my current boyfriend since September. I have custody of my daughter. I'm am not divorced from my husband due to financial costs. Can I still be...

View more questions Search