Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 07:01 AM
    Raising and lowering taxes in America is the job of elected officials and not individuals, so if you're entitled to your opinion, why isn't everybody else entitled to theirs? As a matter of fact when they raise your taxes, they raise mine too, but last I checked taxes were going down not up! So what's you're whole point on taxes dude? You did get your tax cut didn't you? The dufus got his too!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 07:10 AM
    so if you're entitled to your opinion, why isn't everybody else entitled to theirs?
    Never said otherwise, so I have no idea why you would say that.

So what's you're whole point on taxes dude?
    My point, which I have stated many times, is that it gets tiresome to have to listen to the endless sermonizing of liberals of how we must raise taxes on the wealthy, who are falsely claimed to not be paying their "fair share", a completely stupid allegation, in order to take care of the poor. The people making that call for higher taxes typically have no interest in having their OWN taxes raised, but want to appear moral and caring because they are willing to force others to help the poor. It's a sickening claim that I try to never allow to go by unchallenged.

Athos has at least allowed that he would be OK with his own taxes going up. He hasn't actually called for that to happen, but perhaps that will come next. How about you?
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 07:38 AM
    I have consistently voted for elected official that make ministering to the least of us a much higher priority than the greatest of us. My time and efforts go into the unelected citizens who also do good works for the least of us.

I voted that way YESTERDAY. I have consistently expressed that every time you have asked. I balk when my taxes are going in the dufus pocket every time he visit one of his properties, but you're okay with that right?
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 07:48 AM
    You balk when they might raise YOUR taxes to help the poor. Until it costs you something it’s just hollow moralizing.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 07:54 AM
    Putting my money where my mouth is with my VOTE, words, and actions are not a balk. You saying it is doesn't make it so either. You're entitled to your opinion, right or wrong.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 08:18 AM
    When you call for your taxes to be raised then you will have something worth saying. Voting to raise someone else’s taxes is not the moral high ground.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 10:44 AM
    We've been here before and you backed out then. Do you want to see that. too?
    You better believe I want to see it. What you are saying is flatly untrue. But you have your big chance now, if you can get yourself to take it.

"I'm backing out of nothing. If you are willing to obligate yourself, then I'm all in. Are you willing?"
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    When you call for your taxes to be raised then you will have something worth saying. Voting to raise someone else’s taxes is not the moral high ground.
    I thought it was worth saying, and raising taxes on those that have millions and billions AFTER taxes is the right thing to do. Just as right as giving them MOMONEY that they didn't need, and we didn't have it.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 11:33 AM
    raising taxes on those that have millions and billions AFTER taxes is the right thing to do
    Sure it is. After all, they are only paying 87% of fed income tax now. Of course you could also actually start doing some things to help those poor people you claim to care so much about.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 12:48 PM
    How do you know I don't? I just don't go around bragging about it.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 01:05 PM
    I am hopefully wrong. I do know you want others to pay more in taxes, but not you.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 01:36 PM
    Asked and answered. Review post #128, and my previous posts.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 03:40 PM
    My statement. "I do know you want others to pay more in taxes, but not you."

Post 128. "I thought it was worth saying, and raising taxes on those that have millions and billions AFTER taxes is the right thing to do. Just as right as giving them MOMONEY that they didn't need, and we didn't have it."

Thank you for affirming what I said about you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 05:01 PM
    My statement. "I do know you want others to pay more in taxes, but not you."

Post 128. "I thought it was worth saying, and raising taxes on those that have millions and billions AFTER taxes is the right thing to do. Just as right as giving them MOMONEY that they didn't need, and we didn't have it."

Thank you for affirming what I said about you.
    Even Jay Robert "J. B." Pritzker (born January 19, 1965), an American businessman, philanthropist, and politician serving as the 43rd Governor of Illinois, a private business owner based in Chicago and a managing partner and co-founder of the Pritzker Group, and a member of the Pritzker family that owns the Hyatt hotel chain (and who has an estimated personal net worth of $3.4 billion) agrees that those with wealth should pay more in taxes.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 05:19 PM
    They already do...a LOT more.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 05:21 PM
    They already do...a LOT more.
    You know this how?

Why would Governor Pritzker push a graduated state tax if Illinois millionaires and billionaires are already paying far more than the law demands?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2020, 05:29 PM
    He doesn't know anything, he just presumes
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 06:22 PM
    You know this how?
    Well, it's been stated here repeatedly that the top 20% of wage earners pay more than 85% of fed income taxes.

Why would Governor Pritzker push a graduated state tax if Illinois millionaires and billionaires are already paying far more than the law demands?
    Who said they were?
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 07:12 PM
    Guys, wifey and I will be heading to Texas, probably tomorrow, as our daughter is giving birth at this moment. I'll be gonezo for a while. As you can imagine, we are excited.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 07:16 PM
    Who said they were?
    You did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Self-Medicating on Hydroxychloroquine [ 580 Answers ]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYoSjkSUEAITh-R?format=jpg&name=900x900

Can I feed two 33KV HT Panels through a common HT Cable coming from a common supply ? [ 2 Answers ]

In a Existing industrial setup, there is a 33kV HT Panel feeding one Transformer, Due to expansion, we need to install one more 2500kVA Trasformer and 33KV HT Panel, can I fed the new HT Panel through existing HT Cable by looping both the HT panels with same HT cable... Is it possible and safe??

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common-base balance sheets? [ 0 Answers ]

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common base balance sheets? How do you convert the assets, inventory, accts rec'v, etc into a percent?

The Common App [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can change my decision on the common application? By decision I mean From Early decision to Rolling decision.

Common law [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada. I was married for 5 years and have a 4 year old daughter with my husband. We separated last June. I have lived with my current boyfriend since September. I have custody of my daughter. I'm am not divorced from my husband due to financial costs. Can I still be...

View more questions Search