Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 08:00 PM
    Illinois millionaires and billionaires are already paying far more than the law demands?
    Pretty sure I didn't.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2020, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Pretty sure I didn't.
    JL: "They already do...a LOT more."
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2020, 08:12 PM
    That's not saying they do more than the law demands. Come on. I was responding to this statement which says nothing about doing more than the law demands. " a member of the Pritzker family that owns the Hyatt hotel chain (and who has an estimated personal net worth of $3.4 billion) agrees that those with wealth should pay more in taxes." And I replied, "They already do...a LOT more." It is unarguably true.

At any rate, I'm in grandbaby mode now. You'll have to discuss this with someone else.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2020, 02:13 AM
    That's not saying they do more than the law demands. Come on. I was responding to this statement which says nothing about doing more than the law demands. " a member of the Pritzker family that owns the Hyatt hotel chain (and who has an estimated personal net worth of $3.4 billion) agrees that those with wealth should pay more in taxes."

You have a one-note obsession with the percentage of federal taxes paid by the rich. That is only part of the story. Over and over, the complete story has been pointed out to you. But you simply ignore that, and revert to your obsession.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2020, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    [/B][/B]You have a one-note obsession with the percentage of federal taxes paid by the rich. That is only part of the story. Over and over, the complete story has been pointed out to you. But you simply ignore that, and revert to your obsession.
    He is a one pony race and he is flogging that dead horse to death
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2020, 05:29 AM
    Truth hurts, doesn't it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2020, 05:42 AM
    Truth hurts, doesn't it?
    It's not the COMPLETE truth though, just a factor of the larger picture, and that's the difference.

Wish you and yours the very best during this joyful time.
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2020, 07:09 AM
    Truth hurts, doesn't it?
    I keep explaining it to you and you don't get it, it doesn't matter what the tax rate is, the statistic will remain the same
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 16, 2020, 08:48 AM
    Truth hurts, doesn't it?
    And those wealthy Illinoisans also use their wealth to benefit education, hospitals and the Boy Scouts (as my cousin did when he was alive), start-up businesses, et al.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2020, 12:35 PM
    Thanks Tal. Might note you are the only to say it. This is our first so we are excited. You have grandkids?

your tax statement is a fair one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 16, 2020, 01:58 PM
    Thanks Tal. Might note you are the only to say it. This is our first so we are excited. You have grandkids?
    I saw your grandchild announcement long after you had posted it, plus you mentioned you wouldn't be on AMHD, so I was saving my congrats until your return. Soooooo, Congratulations, Grampy!!!
    Expert

Oct 17, 2020, 09:14 AM

your tax statement is a fair one.
    7 GKids ranging in age from 24-3. Still excited to this day over them. Please keep us updated about yours.

I admit I'm excited for you.
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2020, 10:51 AM
    Will do. I’ll post a pic once I’m back home. Where in Texas do you live?
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2020, 06:04 AM
    Does Trump have stock in the vaccine company?
    Expert

Oct 19, 2020, 10:30 AM
    Will do. I’ll post a pic once I’m back home. Where in Texas do you live?
    I like being anonymous on public forums for personal security. Sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Does Trump have stock in the vaccine company?
    It's been reported he does but not verified as far as I know, but no doubt he has buddies that are.
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2020, 10:35 AM
    It's been reported he does but not verified as far as I know, but no doubt he has buddies that are.
    "Not verified" "but no doubt" "as far as I know" Do you work for CNN?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2020, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    It's been reported he does (own stock in the vaccine company) but not verified as far as I know, but no doubt he has buddies that are.
    It's been verified by the Office of Government Ethics.

He has profited substantially from the three drugs. The Office of Government Ethics has reported that Trump gained $50,000 to $100,000 from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, and $100,000 to $1,000,000 from Gilead Sciences. Both are makers of Remdesivir and Regeneron.

Also reported: Trump's family investments have a large ownership in Sanofi, a major producer of Hydroxychloroquine.

Trump continues to promote Remdesivir and Regeneron.
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2020, 02:11 PM
    The Office of Government Ethics has reported that Trump gained $50,000 to $100,000 from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, and $100,000 to $1,000,000 from Gilead Sciences. Both are makers of Remdesivir and Regeneron.
    Do you have any documentation on that? I did a search and came up empty.
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2020, 02:17 PM
    Being aware of how much you guys despise lying, I figured you'd want to jump all over this ad by Biden. It's full of real whoppers. My favorite is for this guy to whine about his business doing poorly in democrat controlled Michigan where the gov completely overreacted and shut down (illegally, I might add) so much of the economy that the result was pretty predictable. But of course that somehow comes out to be Trump's fault.

“For 50 years, The Blind Pig has been open and crowded – but right now it’s an empty room,” he says in the one-minute ad, showing the empty venue. “This is the reality of Trump’s COVID response.”

The ad, which was posted to YouTube on Thursday and aired Sunday on CBS during NFL games, features Joe Malcoun, who is listed as the “co-owner” of The Blind Pig, a once-popular bar and music venue in Ann Arbor, Mich. Malcoun blamed his business’ economic downturn on President Trump’s COVID-19 response.

What the ad fails to mention is the man is actually a wealthy tech investor who made contributions to the former vice president’s campaign. He also supported Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home orders that kept businesses shuttered longer. The ad, which was posted to YouTube on Thursday and aired Sunday on CBS during NFL games, features Joe Malcoun, who is listed as the “co-owner” of The Blind Pig, a once-popular bar and music venue in Ann Arbor, Mich. Malcoun blamed his business’ economic downturn on President Trump’s COVID-19 response.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ling-bar-owner

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2020, 06:46 AM
    The Office of Government Ethics has reported that Trump gained $50,000 to $100,000 from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, and $100,000 to $1,000,000 from Gilead Sciences. Both are makers of Remdesivir and Regeneron.
    Do you have any documentation on that? I did a search and came up empty.
    Guess not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Self-Medicating on Hydroxychloroquine [ 580 Answers ]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYoSjkSUEAITh-R?format=jpg&name=900x900

Can I feed two 33KV HT Panels through a common HT Cable coming from a common supply ? [ 2 Answers ]

In a Existing industrial setup, there is a 33kV HT Panel feeding one Transformer, Due to expansion, we need to install one more 2500kVA Trasformer and 33KV HT Panel, can I fed the new HT Panel through existing HT Cable by looping both the HT panels with same HT cable... Is it possible and safe??

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common-base balance sheets? [ 0 Answers ]

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common base balance sheets? How do you convert the assets, inventory, accts rec'v, etc into a percent?

The Common App [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can change my decision on the common application? By decision I mean From Early decision to Rolling decision.

Common law [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada. I was married for 5 years and have a 4 year old daughter with my husband. We separated last June. I have lived with my current boyfriend since September. I have custody of my daughter. I'm am not divorced from my husband due to financial costs. Can I still be...

View more questions Search