Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2020, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No. I had responded to this:

Originally Posted by jlisenbe
    My statement is absolutely true. Your reply to the effect that if they're wealthy then they called for their own taxes to be raised is silliness.

I
    Me, too. I think he means that liberals on this website have not suggested that their own taxes be raised to help the poor. He seems very upset about that, but I don't know in what context among all the topics and threads discussed here that that issue ever came up. I might still be misunderstanding him. As an independent politically, if it did come up, I might have missed it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2020, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Me, too. I think he means that liberals on this website have not suggested that their own taxes be raised to help the poor.
    Why would he think that? or even care? Plus, he has absolutely no idea if and how the "liberals" on this site help others, help the poor, help those struggling financially.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2020, 03:59 PM
    Me, too. I think he means that liberals on this website have not suggested that their own taxes be raised to help the poor. He seems very upset about that, but I don't know in what context among all the topics and threads discussed here that that issue ever came up. I might still be misunderstanding him. As an independent politically, if it did come up, I might have missed it.
    In what form would that help take? free health care? higher welfare payments? free housing? low paid government jobs? free education? just throwing it out there is meaningless
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2020, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    In what form would that help take? free health care? higher welfare payments? free housing? low paid government jobs? free education? just throwing it out there is meaningless
    I agree. Jlsinbe "threw it out there". You'd have to ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why would he think that? or even care? Plus, he has absolutely no idea if and how the "liberals" on this site help others, help the poor, help those struggling financially.
    I don't know.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2020, 04:09 PM
    Me, too. I think he means that liberals on this website have not suggested that their own taxes be raised to help the poor.
    Don't be stupid. There was no suggestion. I said it plainly. Perhaps you can "expound" on that since you said you like to "expound" so much? Hmmm?

No. I had responded to this:
    How many times must I tell you, grasshopper? You must keep up.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Don't be stupid. There was no suggestion. I said it plainly. Perhaps you can "expound" on that since you said you like to "expound" so much? Hmmm?
    Look, A**HOLE, get with the program or get the eff out. You're trying the patience of everyone here.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2020, 05:05 PM
    the only one who likes
    to "expound" so much
    is you
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 04:31 AM
    Look, A**HOLE, get with the program or get the eff out. You're trying the patience of everyone here.
    That's what your "expounding" looks like? Well, once again, nothing intelligent to say, so you resort to the name calling. Disappointing, but totally expected whenever you get your little feelings hurt.. You don't like it when someone points out your concept of "pain-free charity". Forcing others to support your charitable inclinations isn't much of an exercise in character.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 05:10 AM
    That's what your "expounding" looks like? Well, once again, nothing intelligent to say, so you resort to the name calling. Disappointing, but totally expected whenever you get your little feelings hurt.
    You reap what you sow, A-Man.

You don't like it when someone points out your concept of "pain-free charity".
    Another manufacture from your fevered brain.

Forcing others to support your charitable inclinations isn't much of an exercise in character.
    You're the last one to talk about character. Making up stuff to suit your belief is not character.

This is just another diversion from the issue. A tactic you employ whenever necessary. Since you have nothing to say, and have failed to respond to questions, it is time to put you back in your room and close the door.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 05:35 AM
    Still waiting for you to "expound" on your idea of forcing others to do what you are absolutely not willing to do yourself, and then patting yourself on the back as though you have done something remarkable. I guess if I was in that position, I might try name calling as well. After all, you have nothing else to go with.

Another great comparison would be forcing your sister to enroll in a clinical trials study of a new drug, and then bragging about how much you support medical research.

"Pain-free charity". I like that. 100% accurate.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 05:43 AM
    Still waiting for you to "expound" on your idea of forcing others to do what you are absolutely not willing to do yourself, and then patting yourself on the back as though you have done something remarkable. I guess if I was in that position, I might try name calling as well. After all, you have nothing else to go with.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say - nobody else here does, either.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 05:52 AM
    I have no idea what you're trying to say
    You know exactly what I'm saying. You just don't like it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 05:52 AM
    You know exactly what I'm saying. You just don't like it.
    This is not an explanation of what you're trying to say. Do you even know?
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 05:55 AM
    I understand it very well. So do you, but I guess I'll just have to wait until another day to see how you "expound" on topics.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 06:11 AM
    I understand it very well.
    If you understand it so well, so then ask it here right now and I will answer it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 07:03 AM
    If you understand it so well, so then ask it here right now and I will answer it.
    Well, he's run away.

If anyone was watching this thread, please note that I called his bluff and he backed down unable or unwilling to respond. This is the little girl coming out in him – the little girl that he usually projects onto others.

I apologize for egging him on and taking up space here where serious issues are the norm. Sometimes, dealing with a pest, it is necessary to confront the pest to show him for what he is.

I should have just ignored him which I once did – successfully. But I thought I would give him another chance. That was my mistake.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 07:32 AM
    I don't sit around all day eagerly anticipating your responses. Sometimes a few hours go by while I do other things.

You want a question? OK. Here it is again. Do you consider your morality to be superior simply because you want to legally force others to do (pay higher taxes) what you are absolutely, positively, and completely unwilling to do yourself?

This is the little girl coming out in him – the little girl that he usually projects onto others.
    Please try to have some original thoughts rather than just copying mine.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 09:58 AM
    Nobody is forcing anyone to do a darn thing. We who believe in the American way follow the laws and we work to change them through lawful processes as set forth in our constitution. Don't like taxes? Take your arse someplace else then, or work within the system to make changes.

You have a right to whine and say stupid stuff, and ask weird misleading rhetorical question, but don't expect everybody to buy into it, as obviously I don't. I mean I could ask you the question, Do you think you are morally superior because you give inadequate charity and can quote the words of ancient man?

We vote for our causes and express our opinions and push back against what we don't like because we can. Ain't cha glad about that? Voting Wednesday morning against you wingers and your crap. Win or lose. I honestly have taken a perverse sick pleasure expressing disgust at the current regime, but hope it gets voted out.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 10:19 AM
    (fm Athos)This is the little girl coming out in him – the little girl that he usually projects onto others.
    (reply fm Jl)Please try to have some original thoughts rather than just copying mine
    It's too much fun giving you a taste of your own medicine. LOL.

-from Jilsenbe ----- Here it is again (the Question)Do you consider your morality to be superior simply because you want to legally force others to do (pay higher taxes) what you are absolutely, positively, and completely unwilling to do yourself?
    In law, that's called a compound question and assumes what is not in evidence. However, here's a breakdown as my answer:

NO, I do NOT consider myself morally superior for the reason you state. I do NOT want to legally force others to pay higher taxes. I am absolutely, positively, and completely WILLING to pay higher taxes.

Satisfied?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 10:45 AM
    It's too much fun giving you a taste of your own medicine. LOL.

In law, that's called a compound question and assumes what is not in evidence. However, here's a breakdown as my answer:

NO, I do NOT consider myself morally superior for the reason you state. I do NOT want to legally force others to pay higher taxes. I am absolutely, positively, and completely WILLING to pay higher taxes.

Satisfied?
    Yeah what he said. GREAT response. I would add give hard working poor people a raise, but then I would have to listen to all the excuses why they can't have one. Rich people pay all the taxes, but poor people do all the work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Self-Medicating on Hydroxychloroquine [ 580 Answers ]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYoSjkSUEAITh-R?format=jpg&name=900x900

Can I feed two 33KV HT Panels through a common HT Cable coming from a common supply ? [ 2 Answers ]

In a Existing industrial setup, there is a 33kV HT Panel feeding one Transformer, Due to expansion, we need to install one more 2500kVA Trasformer and 33KV HT Panel, can I fed the new HT Panel through existing HT Cable by looping both the HT panels with same HT cable... Is it possible and safe??

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common-base balance sheets? [ 0 Answers ]

How do you compose common size balance sheets and common base balance sheets? How do you convert the assets, inventory, accts rec'v, etc into a percent?

The Common App [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can change my decision on the common application? By decision I mean From Early decision to Rolling decision.

Common law [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada. I was married for 5 years and have a 4 year old daughter with my husband. We separated last June. I have lived with my current boyfriend since September. I have custody of my daughter. I'm am not divorced from my husband due to financial costs. Can I still be...

View more questions Search