Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 10:46 PM
    Trump's Despicable Debate Performance
    Besides bullying and interrupting anyone within earshot including Moderator Wallace and opponent Biden, Trump explicitly revealed what everyone already knew - that he supports white supremacy.

Chris Wallace: "Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down..."

Trump: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by!"

That was mild compared to his constant loud interruptions and talking over Chris Wallace and Biden. It was a disgraceful performance by a US president.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 04:30 AM
    If this wasn't an utter debacle and a darn shame I don't know what is. 90 minutes of the dufus being the dufus is just too much crap to endure.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 10:51 AM

Here is the complete exchange in context that the left has misquoted for the last 4 years .

He has repeatedly condemned racists and right wing extremists . Clearly many times more than Quid has condemned the "concept "(snicker) of antifa .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 11:30 AM
    Are you really comparing stand back and stand down with cease and desist as Joe said in his Amtrack stop? There is no clearer racist message than the dufus gave and that's why the proud boys are celebrating acknowledgment from their leader.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...l-out-n1241512

Even Repub Senator Tim Scott said,

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-sen-tim-s...154900757.html

'If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak'

Need more links let me know.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 30, 2020, 11:42 AM
    Very interesting that he keeps urging that something be done about Antifa, does he actually have a clue what they stand for ?!
    The consequences are extremely worrying, not just for America, but for the rest of the world.
    There was a slight skirmish fought in the mid 40's along antifa lines, do we really want to continue down that line again...
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 02:19 PM
    Tomder misrepresents Trump in his quote of what Trump said.

When Trump says "sure", he does NOT mean "Sure, I condemn white supremacists". What he DOES mean is, "Sure, go ahead with your question, Chris". Totally obvious to anyone who watched the debate which, btw, Tomder tells us he did NOT watch it.

Today, Trump backtracked on what he said. In the WH driveway "presser", he's now saying "back down" instead of what he originally said. And he's getting law enforcement into the mix. All the while, the Proud Boys are going wild all over social media declaring their undying gratitude to Trump for his support.

Doesn't Trump realize millions saw the debate and see him today. Does he know he's on television? Is anyone testing him for drug use? Is he allowed to watch tv without adult supervision?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Doesn't Trump realize millions saw the debate and see him today. Is anyone testing him for drug use?
    Was there a drug test for Biden and Trump before the debate, as Trump had tossed out as a possibility? While watching Trump's antics and mostly unchained bad behavior last night, I decided he had temporarily weaned himself off (or been weaned off) his Adderal and opioids so his test would be clean.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    When Trump says "sure", he does NOT mean "Sure, I condemn white supremacists". What he DOES mean is, "Sure, go ahead with your question, Chris". Totally obvious to anyone who watched the debate which, btw,
    The same question came up on a Facebook thread. My response was, "Sure, sure" were tRump's encouraging words to Wallace to keep talking, like "I'm here and listening." Someone else suggested, "sure sure " isn't an encouragement...it's a dismissal.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 03:29 PM
    does he actually have a clue what they stand for ?
    Please don't get fooled into believing the "Anti-fascist" lie that gets told about them .

Antifaschistische Aktion is the German group they originate from. They presumably were on the so called polar opposites in Weimar Germany from fascists .But both sides goal was the same ;the overthrow of liberal democracy in Germany. The Antifaschistische Aktion was the milita of the Communist Party of Germany (KPD) . They were funded by the Soviet Union. They fought for the overthrow of Social Democracy as much as they were fighting the German fascists .The KPD use of the word " Anti-facist "was used broadly to oppose anything anti-Stalinist .

They went underground during Hitler's reign. They reemerged in various manifestations after WWII.

Antifa would reestablish itself in the early 1980s, also in Germany, out of Autonomism. Autonomism is an anti-authoritarian anarcho-Marxist ideology associated with the Communist urban guerilla organizations of 1970s and ’80s Europe like Red Army Faction and the Red Brigade. Autonomism would find a home among the young punks of Germany’s squatters’ rights movement. Around this time, Antifa tactics like the “black block,” where large numbers of rioters dress in black and move together in formation as part of a larger protest, were developed.
    https://americanmind.org/essays/the-...ory-of-antifa/

In the US they are decedents of the 1960s and 1970s Weathermen Underground and other leftist domestic terrorist groups . The difference is that they are loosely formed ;learning from the failures of groups like the Weather Underground .The leadership of the Weather Underground had become household names .But they were often driven underground because of their high profile . The ones who survived infiltrated the universities and in the ranks of the main stream media and politics to teach the next generation
    Antifa, with its anarchist outer structure and plausible deniability, allows the radical Left to have their cake and eat it too.
    And now, with the successful promulgation of the radical message of America as bastion of white supremacy by presidential candidates, cable news anchors, and generations of tenured professors, Antifa is unlikely to lack for recruits and support—rhetorical or otherwise—any time in the near future.
    In all turbulent periods of revolutionary politics, whether the 1930s, 1970s, or today, the ability to project force on the streets to punish enemies is a valuable asset. For the Left today, Antifa is that force.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 03:37 PM
    When Trump says "sure", he does NOT mean "Sure, I condemn white supremacists". What he DOES mean is, "Sure, go ahead with your question, Chris". Totally obvious to anyone who watched the debate which, btw, Tomder tells us he did NOT watch it.
    In your looking glass world you can make words mean anything you want them to mean. And yes I watched the debate on line this morning as I said I would
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 06:11 PM
    LOL, to this day the nuance of language still vexes us humans just as it always has. Don't care how you parse it, a loon is a loon, left or right. FRINGERS!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2020, 06:15 PM
    "Mr. Biden, will the democrats pack the Supreme Court if you are elected?" "Mr. Wallace, I'll have to check with my wife on that one. I'll get back to you."

"Mr. Biden, did you call the Oregon governor or the Portland mayor and tell them to put an end to the violence? After all, you said earlier that you yourself are the democrat party." "What?? I'm not the VP now!" "Yes, but did you call or do anything?" "Yes, I was critical of Donald Trump!"

Two questions he completely dodged. The first one is the most concerning. Harris, the real top of the ticket, has dodged it twice now. Guess what that means??
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 06:46 PM
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 06:54 PM
    Expert

Oct 1, 2020, 04:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    "Mr. Biden, will the democrats pack the Supreme Court if you are elected?" "Mr. Wallace, I'll have to check with my wife on that one. I'll get back to you."

"Mr. Biden, did you call the Oregon governor or the Portland mayor and tell them to put an end to the violence? After all, you said earlier that you yourself are the democrat party." "What?? I'm not the VP now!" "Yes, but did you call or do anything?" "Yes, I was critical of Donald Trump!"

Two questions he completely dodged. The first one is the most concerning. Harris, the real top of the ticket, has dodged it twice now. Guess what that means??
    The bigger question is why you crawled in bed with a blatant racists and have yet to get out of it? Do judges and tax cuts mean that much?
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2020, 04:21 AM
    The bigger question is why you crawled in bed with a blatant racists and have yet to get out of it?
    The even bigger question is why people are believing that fake news. There is no evidence that Trump is associated with white supremacist groups. There is, however, plenty of evidence that Harris/Biden is associated with the black supremacist group called BLM, and that they will pack the Supreme Court if they are elected.

Another good question is how Biden can say they don’t support the “Green New Deal” when their website says the candidate “believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face”?
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2020, 04:30 AM
    Quid refused to answer some of the biggest questions of the campaign . Will he agree with the Dem plan to get rid of the filibuster in the Senate ,and will he go along with their plan to stack the court ? He also said that he was the Democratic Party when we know that just isn't so . He is their marionette . He lied and said he did not support the Green New Deal and admitted he did support it when he defended it and said it is self funding .
    Perhaps the biggest moment of the debate was at the end when Trump brought up the subject that it is now known that BEFORE Crossfire Hurricane that Brennan briefed the emperor that Evita's campaign was getting assistance from the Russians to smear Trump with the phony charge that the Russians were assisting his campaign . Instead of putting an end to it ;the emperor allowed the police and intel agencies of the Federal Government to launch a counter intel campaign against their political opposition ;and to feed false evidence to the FISA court to spy on the Trump campaign . The emperor was briefed that the reason for this Evita misdirection was to diver attention from the investigation into her emails .

Comey and Strzok were both also briefed . They launched Crossfire Hurricane even after they knew the truth . (hat tip to Quid's corner man Chris Wallace for not pursuing that line of questioning even though the news had come out the morning of the debate . )

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo...GNED-FINAL.pdf
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2020, 04:45 AM
    This is Trump's complete quote from Cville, and shows clearly how outrageous it was for Wallace to ask the question about white supremacists.

"Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit: “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

Isn't it strange that some on this site will praise the "protesters" who go about burning and looting, and yet can't seem to read and understand simple English in the case of Trump and his comments on protesters.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...of_139815.html
    Expert

Oct 1, 2020, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The even bigger question is why people are believing that fake news. There is no evidence that Trump is associated with white supremacist groups. There is, however, plenty of evidence that Harris/Biden is associated with the black supremacist group called BLM, and that they will pack the Supreme Court if they are elected.

When you tell people of color, that serve in congress no less to go back where they came from, then you are a racists. When you suggest the president of the USA that he is a foreigner, you are a racists. You don't have to be a card carrying white supremist to be a racist, and it's fake news to claim BLM is a black supremist group. It's as false an equivalency
    as when the NAACP was labeled a black racist group. So there is plenty of evidence to say the dufus is a BLATANT racist in words and deeds, and I understand you dodging the question and deflecting it to others, but still no direct answer to a direct question.

Just trying to understand why you are still defending this racists. Or maybe we should discuss your evidence that BLM is a black supremist group. Either way express yourself.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2020, 04:53 AM
    When you tell people of color, that serve in congress no less to go back where they came from, then you are a racists.
    When did Trump tell someone to go back where they came from because they were black?

When you suggest the president of the USA that he is a foreigner, you are a racists.
    Trump never suggested Obama was a "foreigner", and he certainly never was critical of his race. But I do congratulate you. You can now get your press credentials after demonstrating your considerable talents at concocting fake news. Or is it just your TDS manifesting?
    it's fake news to claim BLM is a black supremist group. It's as false an equivalency
    Oh? If there was a WLM, you would be at the front of the line to label it a white supremacist group. As for the NAACP, if it was the NAAWP, you would be quick to label it as WS. Why the double standard?

So there is plenty of evidence to say the dufus is a BLATANT racist in words and deeds, and I understand you dodging the question and deflecting it to others, but still no direct answer to a direct question.
    Plenty of evidence? You haven't stated a single one. Does that mean there is so much evidence that you can't find any?

And in case you missed it, there is this. This is Trump's complete quote from Cville, and shows clearly how outrageous it was for Wallace to ask the question about white supremacists.

"Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit: “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

Isn't it strange that some on this site will praise the "protesters" who go about burning and looting, and yet can't seem to read and understand simple English in the case of Trump and his comments on protesters.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...of_139815.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Now Trump supporters are despicable [ 31 Answers ]

From deplorables to despicables ......the Dems never learn From the mouth of Spartacus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfauJRD5344 https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlf6dfxlCynGZX7nJ_b6OSIXsTwqM07_0lqmCnVLmutxspyhFi

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Right wing, despicable, UNAMERICAN behavior! [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: A group of House Republicans is calling for an investigation into whether a leading American Muslim advocacy group tried to "spy" on congressional offices by placing interns on key security committees. Rep. Sue Myrick, North Carolina Republican, cited an internal January 2007 memo in...

View more questions Search