Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 02:04 PM
    Biden's 2019 Tax Returns
    Biden’s returns, posted on his campaign website, show that he and his wife, Jill, made $944,737 in taxable income last year and paid $299,346 in federal income taxes—a 31 percent tax rate. In contrast, Trump paid no federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years, and paid just $750 in 2016 and 2017.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 02:15 PM
    lol he made $11 million in 2017 and $4.5 million in 2018 But in 2019 $944,737 . Yeah that's believable . I guess he didn't draw as much income from his S Corp last year .
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    lol he made $11 million in 2017 and $4.5 million in 2018 But in 2019 $944,737 . Yeah that's believable . I guess he didn't draw as much income from his S Corp last year .
    Does this mean you are denying that Trump paid no federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years, and paid just $750 in 2016 and 2017?
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 02:37 PM
    I don't deny anything . I haven't seen his returns and as I understand it ,no one is legally allowed to except when ordered by a judge ,or if Trump voluntarily releases them . The Slimes ,if their claim is even true , illegally obtained his taxes . They get a pass on illegally publishing them because their article is full of unconfirmed innuendo that the drones of the left assume are fact .
    This is so much a non-story . I applaud anyone who legally pays less taxes ,and that includes Quid . When Evita made note of Trump not paying taxes ,when the Slimes released virtually the same hit piece before their debate ,Trump's rely was 'I am smart '. I've seen NY prosecutors probing his taxes for years and nothing happens . Quid ? I guess the royalties ran out from publishing his ghost written book ;that no one read .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2020, 02:44 PM
    I got no problem with doing things legally, but let's verify that it was legal. Not like the dufus is above lying, cheating, and stealing mind you.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 02:48 PM
    All the Slimes is doing is an exercise in innuendo ;a drive by smear while presenting no evidence . 18,000 word expose without any verifying evidence is a cr@p sandwich to the base to digest ,and use for cheap talking points .
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 02:57 PM
    I don't deny anything . I haven't seen his returns and as I understand it ,no one is legally allowed to
    Your understanding is incorrect. See my previous post from the NYTimes on this. Their position has been upheld by the Supreme Court.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 04:34 AM
    All the Slimes is doing is an exercise in innuendo ;a drive by smear while presenting no evidence . 18,000 word expose without any verifying evidence is a cr@p sandwich to the base to digest ,and use for cheap talking points .
    I know one way to put all this to bed. Show the tax returns.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 07:16 AM
    why should he ? But during the debate he could've clarified the obvious that he pays a fortune in taxes through the 500 Trump businesses that he is the sole owner of .
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 07:34 AM
    why should he ? But during the debate he could've clarified the obvious that he pays a fortune in taxes through the 500 Trump businesses that he is the sole owner of .
    Then he should expect to be scrutinized and investigated in ALL his business dealings. You know just to be sure he ain't lying again.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I know one way to put all this to bed. Show the tax returns.
    Of course, he should. But he has a problem with that - they will show what a fraud and liar Trump is and has been.

It is essential to know who he owes the half-a-billion $ to. Probably through Putin and maybe those countries where we know he paid.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2020, 11:38 AM
    Does this mean you are denying that Trump paid no federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years, and paid just $750 in 2016 and 2017?
    I think it means that you have no idea what Trump paid in taxes in the past 15 years. It would also mean that you can't continue to say, as you have, that Trump has lost billions of dollars over the past few years, but then complain that he paid no taxes. Last time I checked, income tax for no income would be...Zero???
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2020, 05:38 PM
    What Trump has been doing is turning capital losses into income deductions, so all this proves is the tax law is flawed, the capital losses are probably off the same inflated valuations he used to get the finance

as for Biden his speaking income would take a decided dive once he committed to the campaign
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2020, 03:14 AM
    so all this proves is the tax law is flawed
    exactly ,even the Slimes is not accusing him of violating the law.
    Expert

Oct 2, 2020, 10:31 AM
    The tax laws are skewed to benefit the monied interests. The more monied, the greater the skew.
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2020, 10:57 AM
    The tax laws are skewed to benefit the monied interests. The more monied, the greater the skew.
    Does that explain how it is that the top 20% of income earners in America pay more than 85% of the income taxes while the bottom 50% pay about 3%? Man if that's skewing the tax laws towards the "monied interests", then they did a pretty bad job of it.
    Expert

Oct 2, 2020, 01:58 PM
    Not when you consider that as much as they pay they get richer and richer it isn't. Obviously they can easily afford it. Others not so much.
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2020, 02:28 PM
    Not when you consider that as much as they pay they get richer and richer it isn't.
    Not true.
    Expert

Oct 2, 2020, 03:56 PM
    And they aren't trickling down very much either. Some aren't anyway!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2020, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Does that explain how it is that the top 20% of income earners in America pay more than 85% of the income taxes while the bottom 50% pay about 3%? Man if that's skewing the tax laws towards the "monied interests", then they did a pretty bad job of it.
    It is easily explained the bottom 50% have no money so they can't contribute much and they don't benefit as much. I wonder how many of them take Carribean holidays or sky trips or live in fancy condos? How many drive new SUV?. Jl you are very one eyed, thinking only of yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing Status - 2019 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came on an H1B visa to US from India in 2017 with family. I have permanently returned to India on July 8th 2019. What should my filing status be for 2019? In 2017, I did the first choice and claimed myself as a full resident and filed MFJ. Would appreciate a response. Thanks in advance.

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

DS-2019 form where to get one [ 3 Answers ]

I have a relative who lives in China, and want's to study in America, and no school in my area knows what a DS-2019 form is, and most do not know how to get one. I just need the form, so this person can go to a public school where I live?

Ds-2019 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have question too I have ds 2019 which is allowed for 4 months but after I apply visa I got 5 years j1 visa so in that case do I have apply for usa visa again ? And one more question if no is that posible to get one ds2019 from somewhere I mean without work and travel agency ? Thank you...

View more questions Search