Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 02:47 PM
    Trump's Replacement Health Plan Specifics
    There are NONE!

For 4 years trump has been BS-ing about his terrific health plan. He has yet to present this "plan" to the public. Fake News? You bet!

Trump is right now trying to dismantle Obamacare by going to the SC after failing in Congress.

Here are features from Trump's "plan" which he is asking the SC to approve next month.

- eliminate 133 million with pre-existing conditions (7 million have coronovirus, an existing condition)
    - eliminate 9 million receiving Federal subsidies
    - put 12 million at risk under Medicaid including 3 million children
    - 165 million face caps on insurance (cancer, hemophilia, etc – other expensive treatments)
    - 60 million face higher Medicare costs
    - 2 million young adults under age 26 lose coverage

That's just a sampling.

He also wants to eliminate Medicare funding by dropping the payroll tax. He has no plan to replace the payroll tax revenue.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 03:44 PM
    "Today is a victory for all Americans — for the security of our middle class, for the health of our seniors, and for economic growth and job creation. The American people spoke out clearly and, thanks to President Obama's leadership, 160 million Americans will continue to receive their payroll tax cut," Pelosi 2011

In fact the Dems loved cutting the payroll tax in 2011. How was social security paid for then ?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sena...ry?id=15043981

preexisting conditions This was Thursday

President Donald Trump will sign a series of executive orders aimed at protecting people with preexisting conditions and look for a way to prevent surprise medical bills, senior administration officials said Thursday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/24/trum...l-billing.html

Trump's America First Health Care Plan
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...althcare-plan/
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 04:13 PM
    How the Biden's dodged the payroll tax

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the...ax-11597083162
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    President Donald Trump will sign a series of executive orders aimed at protecting people with preexisting conditions and look for a way to prevent surprise medical bills, senior administration officials said Thursday.
    An executive order is not legislation. It probably will have no effect, and is simply more conman crap. In any case, we'll wait and see.

It's legal. I thought you approved of legally avoiding taxes?
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 05:47 PM
    An executive order is not legislation
    like DACA ?

Originally Posted by tomder55

It's legal. I thought you approved of legally avoiding taxes?
    I do approve of it . I don't approve of the phony outrage . As an example ; the emperor tried to close the S Corps loop hole for years . As VP Quid stood with the emperor Quid campaigning repeatedly says the U.S. economy “isn’t working for average Americans.” He has vowed to eliminate the “tax cut for the wealthy” and loopholes. Then he freely uses the loopholes he denounces .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 06:15 PM
    what you have here is the falacy of having specific taxes for specific purposes, it locks you into bad decisions. In the same way subsidies lock you into bad decisions
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2020, 12:29 PM
    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/tr...ription-drugs/

Only dictators write new laws, and EO's can only affect policy and procedure of existing laws. Ask Obama how that works.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 12:47 PM
    Only dictators write new laws, and EO's can only affect policy and procedure of existing laws. Ask Obama how that works.
    Did the courts deem the emperor's DACA decree the law on the land ? I believe they did . That must be the difference between a dictator making new laws and EOs lasting only as long as an administration .... the Imperial life time appointed oligarchs in black robes make it so.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 01:30 PM
    Did the courts deem the emperor's DACA decree the law on the land ? I believe they did . That must be the difference between a dictator making new laws and EOs lasting only as long as an administration .... the Imperial life time appointed oligarchs in black robes make it so.
    In your own words, it was the court decision that made it so, not the EO itself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2020, 01:48 PM
    This was the ruling https://www.npr.org/2020/06/18/82985...administration.

Bottom line the ruling said the reasons and procedures the dufus used were stupid. Not his first EO that was rejected I will add which highlights the stupidity of the dufus legal mind and may explain his difficulty complying with the law, let alone making the law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Moral Repugnance of the Trump/GOP Tax Plan [ 45 Answers ]

Pope Francis: In this context, some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world. This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the...

Health Plan [ 1 Answers ]

Apollo Munich offered me cashless health plan. IF I pay INR 25000/- they offer to pay up to INR 600,000/- towards medical expanses for me and my family. Total eight people. My age is 49 yrs and my wife's 44 years. How is this company? Is this plan good? If there are other better offers kindly...

Should I go to the doctor even though I have no health plan? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small lump above my left nipple and my nipple is itching and has some sort of scab over the nipple.. should I go to the doctor even though I have no health plan?

Landlord mailed specifics of my fees due and specifics addressed to my parents [ 2 Answers ]

The landlord sent a letter handwritten to my mother who is not on the lease and gave specifics of amount of late fees I owed and other personal information

Senior health plan [ 3 Answers ]

I am a senior. My wife is 60. I have a 16 yr old daughter living at home.Don't have a health plan. Is there help financially for me for health care

View more questions Search