Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 06:04 PM
    They weren't different enough to be contradictory. I don't care about the right wing spin, but do understand the emotions after a shocking sneak attack. To this day nobody ever credits the other guys involved that fought the attackers off.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 06:17 PM
    Sure they weren’t.
    Expert

Oct 12, 2020, 07:29 PM
    Here's Obamas speech you show me the contradictions.

https://americanrhetoric.com/speeche...aziattacks.htm
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2020, 07:42 PM
    Obama called it an, "outrageous and shocking attack". He later referred to it as "acts of terror".

By the time Rice spoke four days later, she had softened the tone to this. "But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous -- not a premeditated -- response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated. We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to -- or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in -- in the wake of the revolution in Libya are -- are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there."

So we go from "outrageous and shocking", and "acts of terror" to something that was merely spontaneous, not premediated, and only a response to a video. Weirdly, she was more critical in her description of the video than she was in her description of the attack.

So we go from acts of terror to simply a spontaneous reaction to a video. Yeah. No contradiction there.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2020, 09:08 PM
    folks cause the catrastrophy in Benghazi, folks? what sort of folks, why, they were Muslims, Libyan folks, good folks, who just wanted to protest american injustice mettered out by someone who might live in Washington and be a closet Muslim himself. how could we escape the fact that these were just folks
    Expert

Oct 13, 2020, 03:58 AM
    I'm not surprised that conservatives have a consistent narrative about that tragedy, all it takes is a noun, a verb, and Benghazi to start an attack on any liberal. Better than talking about the dufusites swallowing whoppers whole and clamoring for more and he does deliver.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2020, 04:45 AM
    Is this what passes now as an intelligent, well thought-out reply about whoppers, nouns, and verbs? You would be much better off to simply admit you were wrong. Or perhaps you really don't care that Obama lied about the deaths of 4 Americans. BTW I was not speaking of "any liberal". I was speaking of Obama.

Seems to be an advanced case of TDS on display.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2020, 05:22 AM
    folks cause the catrastrophy in Benghazi, folks? what sort of folks, why, they were Muslims, Libyan folks, good folks, who just wanted to protest american injustice mettered out by someone who might live in Washington and be a closet Muslim himself. how could we escape the fact that these were just folks
    besides the blown response to the attack ,and the subsequent attempted coverup and blame shift ;the real scandal still being unaddressed is why was Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi in the 1st place ? Hint .... the emperor was attempting to divert weapons given to bad actors in Libya ,so they could be given to bad actors in Syria.
    Expert

Oct 13, 2020, 07:20 AM
    I agree there was more to it that meets the eye in Benghazi, but is that like the 4 soldiers killed in Niger?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongo_Tongo_ambush

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Sunsilk blonde bombshell color boost [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what would happen if I use sunsilk blondebombshell color BOOST on my dark brown hair? Would it get lighter or it would mess up my hair..

Girlfriend drops a bombshell! [ 7 Answers ]

Well, my girlfirend of 2 years... drops a bombshell, and I need some advice. Sorry about the length... but I really need help... so I wanted you guys to understand... First off, I should start with saying that we are an interracial couple... with a culture difference. That isn't a problem...

View more questions Search