Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2020, 06:29 PM
    Was it all a hoax
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...6f2fb97ee50629

the latest and the best conspiracy theory to date, cov19 is a chinese hoax, an attack directed at the world economies to promote China and gain the upper hand economically. Does anyone think it strange that after a successful lockdown of Wuhan, China has emerged with a low rate of infection while the rest of the world has suffered economic degradation by following the same plan. This makes the Chinese system of government seem highly successful. Of course, it hasn't come without a kick in the bum as firms withdraw from China and relocate to other low cost countries and renewed calls for investigation into how the pandemic started as the Chinese narrative is only believed by the most niaive. Along with this is the number of infections in the US could discredit Trump and estabilise the US. Perhaps this virus is specifically targetted at a specific genetic group, Italians and southern europeans are very susceptable and there are many related in the US but look at the effect in Italy and Spain and related races
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 27, 2020, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...6f2fb97ee50629

the latest and the best conspiracy theory to date, cov19 is a chinese hoax, an attack directed at the world economies to promote China and gain the upper hand economically. Does anyone think it strange that after a successful lockdown of Wuhan, China has emerged with a low rate of infection while the rest of the world has suffered economic degradation by following the same plan. This makes the Chinese system of government seem highly successful. Of course, it hasn't come without a kick in the bum as firms withdraw from China and relocate to other low cost countries and renewed calls for investigation into how the pandemic started as the Chinese narrative is only believed by the most niaive. Along with this is the number of infections in the US could discredit Trump and estabilise the US. Perhaps this virus is specifically targetted at a specific genetic group, Italians and southern europeans are very susceptable and there are many related in the US but look at the effect in Italy and Spain and related races

In my own mind it matters little what the Chinese do or say, but how we handle what has happened and whether it was intentional or not you either let this thing run rampant, or get it under control. For sure most nations have the national discipline for control, and the social safety net to help its citizens through a shutdown and the economic pain it causes. Safety comes first and unfortunately the US has none of that going for it, and no leadership to effectively address it. That can't be blamed on China, or the virus to be frank about it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2020, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

In my own mind it matters little what the Chinese do or say, but how we handle what has happened and whether it was intentional or not you either let this thing run rampant, or get it under control. For sure most nations have the national discipline for control, and the social safety net to help its citizens through a shutdown and the economic pain it causes. Safety comes first and unfortunately the US has none of that going for it, and no leadership to effectively address it. That can't be blamed on China, or the virus to be frank about it.
    So in your mind Trump is responsible even if it is a targetted attack
    Expert

Sep 27, 2020, 03:07 PM
    He is responsible for the atrocious response to the virus YES! He knew it would be a major disaster yet he tells everybody to ignore it and go about their business. You call that responsible?
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2020, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    He is responsible for the atrocious response to the virus YES! He knew it would be a major disaster yet he tells everybody to ignore it and go about their business. You call that responsible?
    He was trying the Swedish approach, from an economic perspective it seems logical, from a medical perspective maybe not, but the death rate is no higher than pre CV19, so maybe it was just a wake up call to focus on what is important. The point being that mass panic gets noone anywhere and if you looked at China maybe it wasn't going to be as bad as predicted. He couldn't have known that the US was particularly succeptable which makes my contention that the virus was engineered viable
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 07:57 AM
    The Swede rate of infection is no more or less than their European counterparts . But unlike other European nations ,they remain open for business. The only effect on their economy is how the rest of the world reacted to it and that impact on the global market .
    Watching the virus circumnavigate the world and coming back for a second helping makes it hard to make the case that any one person could've had an impact in the spread of the virus except Chinese officials who downplayed the virus to the WHO. Also as I have documented more than once ;if anything Trump was ahead of the curve in responding . He was acting on it while the Dems were obsessed in trying to impeach him . I documented the government response through January /February . I will not post it again .
    The Chinese coverup is indisputable . The question of the virus origin is only what's in doubt . I have since learned that Chinese workers cleaning a mine of bat guano were the first to contract the virus and that was in 2012
    https://nypost.com/2020/08/15/covid-...12-scientists/
    Expert

Sep 28, 2020, 08:43 AM
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...rt/ar-BB19us3x
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 08:58 AM
    yeah I'm sure SOME countries are .
    Sweden survived the 1st wave and it appears that the nations that went into lock down are experiencing a second wave.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2020, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Also as I have documented more than once ;if anything Trump was ahead of the curve in responding
    Take the blinders off, tom. Nobody but you is defending the Trump failure to act timely to avoid 80% of the to-date 205,000 deaths.

I documented the government response through January /February . I will not post it again
    Good you won't post it again. It was worthless as others pointed out at the time. We all now know that while Trump was publicly calling COVID a hoax, he was privately aware it was a deadly virus. His silence was putting the economy ahead of American lives so he could win re-election. Sad that I have to tell you this.

The Chinese coverup is indisputable .
    That does nothing to relieve Trump of his failed responsibility.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2020, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yeah I'm sure SOME countries are .
    Sweden survived the 1st wave and it appears that the nations that went into lock down are experiencing a second wave.
    The key word is "went". Lockdown slowed the spread and as they reopen the spread continues ergo the faster the reopening, the faster the spread, so it's not the second wave, but a continuation of the first. In addition the more that the safety protocols are ignored the more the virus spreads.

In that context even Sweden isn't out of the woods yet, just like the rest
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2020, 04:30 AM
    The key word is "went". Lockdown slowed the spread and as they reopen the spread continues ergo the faster the reopening, the faster the spread, so it's not the second wave, but a continuation of the first. In addition the more that the safety protocols are ignored the more the virus spreads.

In that context even Sweden isn't out of the woods yet, just like the rest

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/sw...ve-92968517951

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/w...-strategy.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...es-since-march
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2020, 07:07 AM
    don't worry Sweden has Greta, she will say how dare you and the virus will be gone
    Expert

Oct 5, 2020, 05:45 AM
    Amazing how we rush to holler success when it's obvious that Sweden is unique and what they do works for them for NOW, but could hardly be duplicated elsewhere with any long term positive outcomes.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2020, 05:59 PM
    I'm not sure it worked, tal, they kept their economy open but now they face a second wave. They benefited from being a little more remote
    Expert

Oct 6, 2020, 08:46 AM
    A very different culture and life style for sure. I read half the population already lives alone.
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2020, 08:11 PM
    You know this looks more and more like a targetted attack, just like the plot of the series Condor with a little twist, of course. Actually not stranger than fiction
    Expert

Oct 10, 2020, 07:56 AM
    It's shameful every other nation is dealing with this virus better than the so called greatest nation in history. If China wanted to make us look stupid they certainly have done that. Heck it's not like we were all that good looking before the virus.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2020, 03:43 PM
    It looks like a targetted attack to me, you are very susceptible, just like the European nations are very susceptible
    Expert

Oct 11, 2020, 03:01 AM
    Any place with high population density has the potential to spread the virus very quickly.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2020, 06:00 AM
    Tal, it is more than that, the virus is genetically engineered. How was China able to get it under control so quickly and keep it under control, it is because their population are not so susceptible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IS Balloon Boy a hoax? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: Vote for one. Leave a comment if you want to. I, for one, think it's a hoax and I'm going to vote right now. excon

Www.skinbleaching.net IS HOAX [ 14 Answers ]

Hi All, This is not a question about skin lightening. I just want to do everybody a favor by letting you know about a business called skinbleaching.net. I am sure many of you have come across this site when you researched on skin lightening products. They sure sound good BUT they will take your...

How can atheism be a hoax? [ 26 Answers ]

In the now closed topic "Religion all a hoax?" someone unimportant posted : "The real hoax is atheism". Talk about a non-argument !!! Let's see the real meaning of the word Atheism : Atheism A Theism A = without or no

Religion all a hoax? [ 27 Answers ]

Somebody once told me christianity was "invented" to rival pagan holidays such as Easter -pagan fertility celebration (explains why we get eggs at this time of year and not crucifixes.. Also explains the easter bunny, we all know what rabbits are famed for) Does anyone know what I'm talking about?...

Hoax or not? [ 4 Answers ]

The email stating that if you get an email titled: "You've received a Post Card" that it is a new virus. Is it true or not?

View more questions Search