Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2020, 11:31 AM
    count the number of colored cells in excel sheet
    Sub: count the number of colored cells in excel sheet or otherwise count number of cells in increase or decreasing trend.
    I have attached a excel worksheet showing the daily sales of six persons A to F. The cells are formatted in green and red colors to highlight the daily increase/decrease of trend in sales.
    Now I require the following:
    1) Formula to work out the No of days in rising trend from the last(latest)day
    2) Formula to work out the No of days in declining trend from the last(latest)day
    3) The formula may be drawn to count the number of red cells/green cells from the last(latest)cell OR otherwise by any other method and result exhibited as required as in answer sheet please.

In addition the %ge rise and decline from the last may also be worked out thro' a formula in separate columns.

Thanks in advance!!!
    vks64
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip count the cell colors.zip (117.6 KB, 6 views)
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 7, 2020, 08:20 AM
    Hello vks64,

This site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...olor-using-vba does exactly what you want. Follow the instructions.

Regards
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2023, 08:27 AM
    Thanks sir

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Count certain coloured cells in excel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have numerous coloured cells on an excel worksheet and I want to make a formula to count the different colours... ie all the red ones, the green ones etc... Which formula would I use

Using Count to get the number of cells in a column that contain text [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to just count the number of cells in a column that have text in them. I used a formula given in one of the previous questions and got a return of #NUM. The fomula I tried was =Sumproduct((Callsign <>"")/Count if (Callsign, Callsign & ""))

Excel - Count how many cells have a certain color [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a formula to count how many cells within a row have a certain color. For Instance if I have A1 to M1 filled in with text and 8 are colored yellow then I want my result in N1 to say 8. Any way to do this?

How to count cells with colored font. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm have a spread sheet in Excel that has some cells fonts in red to indicate poor numbers. I want to know how I can count how many cells on the spread sheet have red font. I tried to do a COUNTIF command but I'm not sure if this is will count the colored font data.

How to count the cells in excel with different fill pattern styles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to count the cells in excel with different fill pattern styles. How is it possible. Can anyone post the function for this purpose like counting coloured cells. I tried a lot , but I got failed. Here I got a function to count cells filled solid, but it is not working... is it...

View more questions Search