Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2020, 08:17 AM
    @Tom. Obviously defeating the southern armies didn't stop the war or the reasons for it. The subsequent laws and amendments didn't either. The civil war continues.

@JL. That's for a court to decide, not some scared punk cop with a loaded gun.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2020, 10:02 AM
    That's for a court to decide, not some scared punk cop with a loaded gun.
    That wasn't the point. It was Harris saying that she was "proud" of him that was sickening. He is an anit-semite racist for certain because that was on his website. His sexual assault case, as best as I remember, is pretty well settled as well. Sad that you are willing to give a benefit of the doubt to an obviously guilty man, but not to the guy who was "tried" with nothing more than the highly suspect memory of one witness.

"Scared punk cop"? Wow. What an attitude towards the police.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2020, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    @JL. That's for a court to decide, not some scared punk cop with a loaded gun.
    And the court has NOT decided yet. Blake's ex-girlfriend has alleged the assault took place.

In terms of Harris being proud of him, that comment was taken out of context. She said she was proud of him as "he worked through his pain" while talking to Blake as he was recovering in the hospital. She said this in response to Blake saying he was proud of her for visiting his family. To construe this as Harris being proud of Blake for his past activities is simply another example of slanting the facts to support an agenda. It is far more revealing of the commentor than it is of Harris.

A scared cop with a loaded gun is an apt description of the cop firing seven bullets into Blake's back at point-blank range in front of his young children. I can think of harsher terms for the cop's actions.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2020, 01:03 PM
    Blake's ex-girlfriend has alleged the assault took place.
    Kind of like when Kavanaugh's accuser alleged that someone other than Kavanaugh assaulted her? Funny how that was good enough for you guys back then, but not now. And in the case of Blake's accuser, this is her story. "According to the New York Post, the woman, whose name has not been released, told police she was asleep May 3 when Blake entered her room around 6 a.m. and said, “I want my s—.” His victim alleges that he then digitally violated her, sniffed his fingers and told her, “Smells like you’ve been with other men.” And unlike the Kavanaugh incident, she called the police and pressed charges. So yeah, Jacob Blake is really a great guy that we should all be proud of.

Come to think of it, Harris might have said something in support of his accuser. She might have spoken about Blake in those "harsher terms" you reserve only for the police. She certainly had no problems in hammering Kavanaugh for the charges against him, charges for which there was essentially no evidence. Why, we were told of the "me too" movement and how women must be believed, but in this case the alleged assailant is someone she is "proud" of and someone Athos defends. Wonder why there is such a difference? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with politics, could it?
    Expert

Oct 28, 2020, 06:22 PM
    You're a tough nut if you think 7 shots in the back are acceptable policing, and loony as hell comparing it to the Kavanaugh situation. That's just screwed up no matter your politics.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2020, 06:29 PM
    loony as hell comparing it to the Kavanaugh situation.
    How is it not a good comparison? You thought Kav was guilty as you know what with scarcely any evidence, but we're supposed to be "proud" of Blake? Are you serious? Why the double standard?

I've said nothing about the policing being acceptable, so you're just making it up again as you go along.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2020, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    but we're supposed to be "proud" of Blake? Are you serious? Why the double standard?
    Like Athos said: "In terms of Harris being proud of him, that comment was taken out of context. She said she was proud of him as "he worked through his pain" while talking to Blake as he was recovering in the hospital. She said this in response to Blake saying he was proud of her for visiting his family. To construe this as Harris being proud of Blake for his past activities is simply another example of slanting the facts to support an agenda. It is far more revealing of the commentor than it is of Harris."
    Expert

Oct 28, 2020, 06:50 PM
    Kav deserved to be investigated and I suppose the repub sham version was it, but twisting words to smear Harris was pretty outrageous even for you.

"Scared punk cop"? Wow. What an attitude towards the police.
    How should I have interpreted that except to think you see 7 shots in the back are acceptable?
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2020, 07:12 PM
    Kav deserved to be investigated and I suppose the repub sham version was it, but twisting words to smear Harris was pretty outrageous even for you.
    She spends an hour with an accused sex offender and an anti-semite racist, says she's proud of him for whatever reason, and you think that's just fine? Well, your values are sure different from mine. She is supporting a racist, but he's only a racist against Jews, so I guess you don't care about that.

How should I have interpreted that except to think you see 7 shots in the back are acceptable?
    Interpreted what? I haven't mentioned the cops. My complaint is about Harris falling all over herself to compliment Blake and then never saying a word about the victim in the case. And all of that after her sickening "interrogation" of Kav and her fake support of the "me too" movement. Well, why isn't Blake's victim part of the "me too" movement?

Politics. Stinkin politics. Any excuse will do. "Oh, you twisted her words. Why she was only saying she was proud of his recovery." Well, was she proud of his victim's recovery? Did she go talk to her? We all know the answer to that question. Your support of it is very troubling. There is nothing about Jacob Blake to be proud of.
    Expert

Oct 28, 2020, 08:05 PM
    She spends an hour with an accused sex offender and an anti-semite racist, says she's proud of him for whatever reason, and you think that's just fine? Well, your values are sure different from mine. She is supporting a racist, but he's only a racist against Jews, so I guess you don't care about that.
    If you can support a lying cheating racist, then why can't I?

Interpreted what? I haven't mentioned the cops. My complaint is about Harris falling all over herself to compliment Blake and then never saying a word about the victim in the case. And all of that after her sickening "interrogation" of Kav and her fake support of the "me too" movement. Well, why isn't Blake's victim part of the "me too" movement?
    Okay fine, I'll mention the scared punk cop, and the racist dufus who supports those punk a$$ cops who kill people that you support.

Politics. Stinkin politics. Any excuse will do. "Oh, you twisted her words. Why she was only saying she was proud of his recovery." Well, was she proud of his victim's recovery? Did she go talk to her? We all know the answer to that question. Your support of it is very troubling. There is nothing about Jacob Blake to be proud of.

What about all those sick and dead victims of covid? How many of those has he consoled? Is that stinking politics too?
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2020, 09:58 PM
    If you can support a lying cheating racist, then why can't I?
    Finally. A moment of honesty. You admit it!

and the racist dufus who supports those punk a$$ cops who kill people that you support.
    If there is any justice in this world, you will need one of those "punk a$$ cops" some day, and they will not be available. On that day, you will learn a few things.

What about all those sick and dead victims of covid? How many of those has he consoled? Is that stinking politics too?
    Deflect, deflect, deflect. It's what you do when you cannot defend your Harris/Biden ticket.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2020, 05:39 AM
    @Tom. Obviously defeating the southern armies didn't stop the war or the reasons for it. The subsequent laws and amendments didn't either. The civil war continues.
    What certainly did not end it was the radical Republicans idea that punishing the losers was a good idea. They should've listened to Lincoln .

"With malice toward none with charity for all with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right let us strive on to finish the work we are in to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan ~ to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2020, 06:09 AM
    The civil war continues.
    That's like saying WW2 continues since there are still some nazis floating around out there. The Civil War is over.

On the positive side, despite the mishandling of the Covid situation by dem govs, the economy grew at an annual rate of 33% last quarter. Be interesting to see how long it takes for the libs on this site to come out and give Trump a big pat on the back.

Also on the positive side, KH said something I agree with. "We cannot live in a country with any level of pride when our babies are being slaughtered." I wonder if someone asked her if she was referring to the 900,000 unborn babies a year being "slaughtered" in abortion facilities?
    Expert

Oct 29, 2020, 11:06 AM
    That's like saying WW2 continues since there are still some nazis floating around out there. The Civil War is over.
    Maybe for some, but not for others JL.

On the positive side, despite the mishandling of the Covid situation by dem govs, the economy grew at an annual rate of 33% last quarter. Be interesting to see how long it takes for the libs on this site to come out and give Trump a big pat on the back.
    Boot this incompetent boob out of here and you too for ignoring the rise of sickness and death for a pat on the back.

Also on the positive side, KH said something I agree with. "We cannot live in a country with any level of pride when our babies are being slaughtered." I wonder if someone asked her if she was referring to the 900,000 unborn babies a year being "slaughtered" in abortion facilities?
    Why can't you just take it she means ALL the babies...born and unborn. That is if you care about ALL of them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2020, 11:22 AM
    I wonder if someone asked her if she was referring to the 900,000 unborn babies a year being "slaughtered" in abortion facilities?
    Solution is zipped-up pants.
    Expert

Oct 29, 2020, 11:44 AM
    You can find Harris's position here if that clarifies it for you which I doubt.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ka...n-until-birth/
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2020, 12:07 PM
    Why can't you just take it she means ALL the babies...born and unborn.
    Because she is as pro-abortion as anyone on the planet. She plainly does not care about the unborn.

As for your Snopes link, did you read this? "U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif, has maintained that the timing of carrying out an abortion should be left up to a woman. Harris was a co-sponsor of the 2019 Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA), which prohibits state laws banning post-viability abortions that do not make exceptions if a woman’s health and life are at risk."

Or this? "This issue was presented to Harris back in February 2019, when conservative news outlet The Daily Caller asked various Democratic senators “if there was a point at which [abortion] would be considered immoral.” Harris did not offer a direct answer, instead saying: “I think it’s up to a woman to make that decision, and I will always stand by that […] I think she needs to make that decision with her doctor, with her priest, with her spouse.”

Well, that's the great advocate for life that you are supporting.

Solution is zipped-up pants.
    Yep, for males and females both. And since women stand to encounter FAR greater difficulties than the men do, I would especially encourage them to accept that advice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2020, 12:55 PM
    Yep, for males and females both.
    If the males keep their pants zipped, problem solved!
    And since women stand to encounter FAR greater difficulties than the men do, I would especially encourage them to accept that advice.
    I have no clue what that all means.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2020, 01:22 PM
    If the males keep their pants zipped, problem solved!
    The reverse is also true.

And since women stand to encounter FAR greater difficulties than the men do, I would especially encourage them to accept that advice.

I have no clue what that all means.
    The woman gets pregnant which is a far, far more serious issue for her than it is for the man. Pretty sure you already know that. It's like I've said before. I hope you keep your doors locked at night, but I have a far greater interest in keeping MY doors locked at night since I stand to lose far more over MY doors not being locked than I do over yours. I doubt there is a mentally competent, adult woman anywhere in America who would not understand exactly what that means for her personally.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2020, 01:40 PM
    The reverse is also true.
    The reverse wouldn't be necessary if the male did what I said.
    The woman gets pregnant which is a far, far more serious issue for her than it is for the man. Pretty sure you already know that. It's like I've said before. I hope you keep your doors locked at night, but I have a far greater interest in keeping MY doors locked at night since I stand to lose far more over MY doors not being locked than I do over yours. I doubt there is a mentally competent, adult woman anywhere in America who would not understand exactly what that means for her personally.
    Pants zipped; problem solved. Or should we instead go with the required reversible vasectomy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New poll shows Trump supporters live in a DIFFERENT reality than the rest of us.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello: They BELIEVE that unemployment went UP during Obama - Nahh.. It went WAYYY down. They BELIEVE that the stock market went DOWN during Obama - Nahhh.. It went WAYYY up. They BELIEVE Clinton LOST the popular vote - Nahhh.. She beat him by 2.7 MILLION votes. An even greater...

View more questions Search